Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Home Depot

Philips Hue Clearance

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 2nd, 2016 1:39 pm
Tags:
Jun 7, 2009
57 posts
13 upvotes
Heads up; can't combine bulbs from two different starter-kits using one hub easily; it can be done; requires a program called Lampstealer.
Mar 10, 2011
349 posts
108 upvotes
Edmonton
dowotyalike wrote: Heads up; can't combine bulbs from two different starter-kits using one hub easily; it can be done; requires a program called Lampstealer.
Not true. You can manually add each bulb using the serial number. It's actually quite simple to do.

FYI, I've bought multiple starter kits before when they've went on sale and and sold the bridge on ebay for between $50-60 USD. There is a pretty steady demand for people who just want the bridge as it is basically essential to use, and they don't sell them separately. food for thought
Deal Addict
Oct 9, 2011
1852 posts
1102 upvotes
RADPhotography wrote: Yes I saw it in the Markham East Store.
Thanks. Was trying to get the $10 coupon but not sure if that was still on, not receiving any email.
Deal Addict
Nov 29, 2007
1310 posts
366 upvotes
Heads up to anyone else who bought this it's down to 140 at some stores my store has the gu10 for 140 going to get a price adjustment today
Feb 27, 2012
64 posts
19 upvotes
Toronto
Hey RFD,

Was at the Leaside Home Depot today and picked up a BR30 Starter Kit for 140.00. They had 3 left, also the iris is 98.00.

I saw these go on Amazon this morning too ($185.00!!) I wonder if Phillips is starting to phase them out? I purchased these to play around with and eventually use over a pool table in a basement.

http://i.imgur.com/2BxiOUo.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/kNZonK6.jpg
Dec 1, 2016
138 posts
170 upvotes
Whitby
Hpharwaha wrote: Hey RFD,

Was at the Leaside Home Depot today and picked up a BR30 Starter Kit for 140.00. They had 3 left, also the iris is 98.00.

I saw these go on Amazon this morning too ($185.00!!) I wonder if Phillips is starting to phase them out? I purchased these to play around with and eventually use over a pool table in a basement.

http://i.imgur.com/2BxiOUo.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/kNZonK6.jpg
Trust me Philips isn't phasing these out, in fact they are expanding on this line. It didn't sell well at HD after Christmas so like any store it costs to carry inventory especially slow moving inventory hence the clearance prices.
Deal Addict
Oct 24, 2009
1027 posts
1096 upvotes
Vancouver
For those looking to add non-color changing bulbs to their Hue system, HD also sells the GE link bulbs which work great with Hue. Got a couple earlier this year for $12 or so each. Current price is $15.
Deal Addict
Aug 27, 2005
1393 posts
67 upvotes
London
kajo204 wrote: I finished a ambilight project attached to my TV/HTPC using arduino. Have you come across anyone extending this to Hue?
I use my ambilight setup via the ambibox plugin in Kodi on Windows. There is a great Hue plugin in the standard repository, but the colour changing is way too slow to be enjoyable especially side-by-side to the milliseconds response of the ambibox. That said, the Hue plugin does an excellent job of fading to preset levels and restoring to previous settings on pause/stop. It's slick.

So while I don't have a solution to do it within Arduino for you, there's nothing preventing you from adding Hue plug ins on the HTPC side, at least.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 20, 2009
8862 posts
2693 upvotes
Vancouver
You can program your Logitech Home Control to automatically change hue on the Philips bulbs when you change channels or video sources on the TV. Now who wouldn't want to do that??
Deal Guru
Jan 25, 2007
12694 posts
7861 upvotes
Paris
The Woodstock restore had Hue bulb on sale for 10 bucks a crack BNIB last wee
Aug 28, 2010
187 posts
26 upvotes
Want to know if any Quebec locations has the starter IRIS in stock at 99.97 $ or the A19 starter kit at clearance price.

Thanks !
Deal Addict
Sep 1, 2013
1338 posts
376 upvotes
Mississauga
I picked up the GU10 starter kit for $140 at an Oakville HD this afternoon. Still seems a crazy price, but considering that Hue never seems to go on sale, and that three GU10 bulbs would cost $180 individually, paying $40 less and getting the hub as well is probably the best deal one can hope for. Hopefully HD sees a significant difference in the amount of stock moved at the regular price vs the reduced price; maybe they'll offer discounts more often. As much as I'm sure a lot of people would like to have these lights, $60 for a single bulb is downright ridiculous in any economic climate.

The HD I was at only had two of the GU10 kits left... no idea how many they've sold during this clearance, but the boxes had definitely been on the shelf for sometime as there was a thick layer of dust on the top, heh.
Deal Addict
Nov 24, 2009
1495 posts
746 upvotes
London Area
Jerico wrote: The Woodstock restore had Hue bulb on sale for 10 bucks a crack BNIB last wee
Did you buy them out?
Deal Addict
May 5, 2010
1534 posts
886 upvotes
LewisKhol wrote: Does the hub works with color hue bulbs ?
Yes, the hub works with all Hue products (friends of hue (iris, bloom, strip), hue bulbs and lux as well)
Deal Addict
May 5, 2010
1534 posts
886 upvotes
I have bought the Iris starter kit thanks to this thread and I am still very pleased with that lamp. It has so much color choice and all the apps to work with is amazing.

I got so hooked I went to buy a hue bulb only to realize how lame it was with colors. There's no true bleu, cyan is white instead and green is a lime yellowish green. I read somewhere that Philips didn't use RBG for their Hue bulb and used lime-green, royal-blue, and orange-red instead to combine colors. Their main reason is with those, the bulb can create a natural range of white, which is really well done, but at a cost of losing some colors.

It's not such a big deal to some, but I love cyan as ambient light so much that it is a deal breaker to me, specially at $60 + tax a piece
Deal Guru
Jan 25, 2007
12694 posts
7861 upvotes
Paris
Jonstar1 wrote: Did you buy them out?
No. My house is all x10 (old school!) and now I buy light strips on eBay and use them with my harmony remote.

I care about control of the bulb but not colour changing.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 6, 2002
8187 posts
9553 upvotes
Vancouver
ethansz wrote: Went to My local Home Depot (Sweden Way, Richmond,BC) yesterday to see GU10 & BR30 Starter kits on sale for $160 ($40 off). Ended up buying and Iris Starter kit which was also on sale ($40 off) for $98!
The Iris is now $77 at Richmond location.

Ron
Deal Addict
Oct 23, 2004
2466 posts
899 upvotes
lethbridge alberta
No Hue Lux at Dartmouth HD. Just other regular priced kits.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)