Shopping Discussion

Home Depot: Is Price Protection Available if Your Purchased Item Goes on Sale?

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 19th, 2010 7:58 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
May 30, 2005
249 posts

Home Depot: Is Price Protection Available if Your Purchased Item Goes on Sale?

I had a look on their website and couldn't find the answer, so I wondered if anyone had any experience with HD and sales.

We bought a bunch of stuff last weekend from a HD store, and now I see it's on sale in their flyer for the long weekend. If we took our receipt to the store while the sale was on, does anyone know if HD would refund us the difference in price? TIA. :)
8 replies
Oct 18, 2006
526 posts
Toronto
If you bought it last weekend, why not just refund the stuff and re-buy it on sale. :lol:
Deal Guru
Jun 1, 2006
10718 posts
14377 upvotes
TridentSplash wrote:
May 21st, 2007 1:05 pm
If you bought it last weekend, why not just refund the stuff and re-buy it on sale. :lol:
That's the way to do it with places with no price protection.
Have a nice day!

Deal Addict
Aug 18, 2004
1060 posts
46 upvotes
Toronto
cookie-monster wrote:
May 20th, 2007 3:11 pm
If we took our receipt to the store while the sale was on, does anyone know if HD would refund us the difference in price? TIA. :)
Yes, I've had this done in the past for a tool chest - saved me another $100. It wasn't even an advertised sale price - the hardware manager had looked it up to see if there was more stock coming in for me, and told me to go to cust. service and get $100 back because it was on sale!
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2005
4108 posts
643 upvotes
Kitchener
I bought plywood at $17 a sheet once at Home Depot, 2 weeks later it was down to $13/ sheet. I went to customer service and got the difference back ($60)
Deal Addict
Aug 24, 2002
3569 posts
19 upvotes
Sask
I've done it. They do this weird thing where they return it and then re-sell it to you though. It can complicate things if you originally used a coupon or put it on a deferred credit plan.
Mar 21, 2010
297 posts
22 upvotes
Thornhill
does anyone know how many days this is valid for? I had bought an item on the 20/05/2010 and I now see the item has gone by a fair bit. Would they honour a price difference refund?
Feb 22, 2010
17 posts
1 upvote
Halifax NS
dc0de wrote:
Jul 18th, 2010 4:18 pm
does anyone know how many days this is valid for? I had bought an item on the 20/05/2010 and I now see the item has gone by a fair bit. Would they honour a price difference refund?
Officially it's 30 days for price match
Sep 18, 2010
1 posts
Toronto
I created an account to be able to reply to this thread. I had been looking at compound miter saws for a long time, and finally bought a Milwaulkee saw at Home Depot last weekend. It was the best one they had, and the manufacturer had a promo on to throw in the stand ($300 value). I thought I did well. However, this weekend, I open up the paper and for 3 days only, the saw is 20% off. I went to HD this morning with my receipt and the ad, and without any hesitation, they cancelled the first sale and resold me the saw a the lower price. I got $158 back... so this was well worth doing. After processing, the woman told me the 3 things I needed to make this happen; 1) same method of payment (I originally paid by visa, and I needed that same card to execute the change 2) the flyer 3) I had to go in while the lower price is in effect... all ok by me.
× < >