Expired Hot Deals

[Home Depot] *RED HOT* RIDGID 60 Litre (16 Gal.) 6.5 Peak HP Shop Vacuum $119 (50% off)

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 29th, 2017 12:36 pm
Deal Expert
Feb 8, 2014
16111 posts
5399 upvotes
I empty it after any water, the insides start rusting otherwise
In Japan, the hand can be used like a knife.
But this method doesn't work with a tomato...
Feb 7, 2007
105 posts
88 upvotes
Laval
Nemrod wrote:
Nov 25th, 2017 11:02 pm
It's probably been said already, but make sure you use a bag. The benefit of using a bag is huge. In fact, I wouldn't buy a shop vac that doesn't accept one.

Using a bag is basically a second filter for your vacuum. It keeps the debris out of the main filter and away from the intake. If you use a bag you'll find the vacuum maintains strong suction longer. Emptying the vacuum is also a cinch. And, since the bag captures most of the debris you almost never (if ever) have to change the main filter.

In regards to using a bag with liquids, I've done it. My shop vac bag is usually filled with tons of crap anyway and the way I see it, the water will just be absorbed by that until it evaporates (I don't suck up large amounts of liquid). If you plan to suck up anything more than maybe a few cups though I would recommend purchasing a proper filter for liquids and removing the bag.
I agree
Ridgid bag are pricey but you can get some cheap one's on amazon:
https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B00MAR ... UTF8&psc=1
Feb 7, 2007
105 posts
88 upvotes
Laval
woolo wrote:
Nov 29th, 2017 2:41 am
thanks for the alternatives.
however do you if it will fit OP's model? WD1851 as those bags only fit WC1450/WD1850/WD1950 wet/dry vacuum cleaners as shown on the specs.
Yes it fits, this is a replacement for VF3502, which cover all 45L-60L Ridgid vacuum.