Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Home Depot

Ridgid 10" Table Saw with stand $399

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 16th, 2016 11:09 am
Tags:
Oct 14, 2015
159 posts
56 upvotes
Thornhill, ON
priceman wrote: what's wrong with that one? I guess it's about the same as the Kobalt and Kobalt has a nice folding stand
For that quality, I'd say go with Kobalt. The fence on the small Ridgid is no way comparable to R4513.
Mar 2, 2013
129 posts
28 upvotes
R5Ty1e wrote: For that quality, I'd say go with Kobalt. The fence on the small Ridgid is no way comparable to R4513.
Exactly, if size isn't a concern, keep the R4513. If size is an issue, keep the dwe7480.

Price savings on the kobalt or small Ridgid isn't worth what you lose by keeping them.
Deal Addict
Mar 21, 2008
1830 posts
673 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
rust0r1 wrote: Exactly, if size isn't a concern, keep the R4513. If size is an issue, keep the dwe7480.

Price savings on the kobalt or small Ridgid isn't worth what you lose by keeping them.
I had a closer look at the Kobalt... it's junk. plastic fence mount, flimsy stand... ect... took that one back...

I have narrowed it down to the two ridgid saws... small one was $211 (pre tax) and big one was $340 (pre tax)... have to decide....

the fence on the big one is awesome and I do like the folding stand but I have to decide if it's worth the extra $145 that it ends up costing after tax... in reality if I assume to have this saw for 5+ years $145 is pennies so I'll probably keep the big one
Oct 14, 2015
159 posts
56 upvotes
Thornhill, ON
priceman wrote: I had a closer look at the Kobalt... it's junk. plastic fence mount, flimsy stand... ect... took that one back...

I have narrowed it down to the two ridgid saws... small one was $211 (pre tax) and big one was $340 (pre tax)... have to decide....

the fence on the big one is awesome and I do like the folding stand but I have to decide if it's worth the extra $145 that it ends up costing after tax... in reality if I assume to have this saw for 5+ years $145 is pennies so I'll probably keep the big one
what's your thought on the Dewalt?

I've unboxed the Ridgid. I like everything about it, but it just seems like there's less attention to detail. There's little scratches on the table top (no big deal). It's hard to adjust the throat plate to make it flush with the table (the rear end is bent downwards, again no big deal if I make my own zero clearance insert in the future). Belevel adjustment is hard to make and the blade tend to bounce back if I do not lock it at 90 degree - i have to hold it at 90 and then lock it down (not sure if it's designed like that). The tiny things here and there make me feel not 100% sold.

I haven't opened the Dewalt yet but from experience I would expect a more well built machine with better touch on details.
Deal Addict
Mar 21, 2008
1830 posts
673 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
R5Ty1e wrote: what's your thought on the Dewalt?

I've unboxed the Ridgid. I like everything about it, but it just seems like there's less attention to detail. There's little scratches on the table top (no big deal). It's hard to adjust the throat plate to make it flush with the table (the rear end is bent downwards, again no big deal if I make my own zero clearance insert in the future). Belevel adjustment is hard to make and the blade tend to bounce back if I do not lock it at 90 degree - i have to hold it at 90 and then lock it down (not sure if it's designed like that). The tiny things here and there make me feel not 100% sold.

I haven't opened the Dewalt yet but from experience I would expect a more well built machine with better touch on details.
dewalt is really nice but my issue is storage... even the small ridgid can be stored upright as it has wheels and bumper pads on the side of the table... the dewalt has to be stored flat or you could dint / chip the table by storing it on its side. if the dewalt had side pads so it could be tipped on its side and easily store dad such I would go for it...but since it doesn't and it will only be used 20 times a year storage is snug deal... yes, my workshop is 600 sq feet but with it being used so little I need something that can be tucked away...

I am tempted to get the if ridgid one however the small ridgid one will easily tuck under my Milwaukee mitre saw stand so I'll probably end up with that one...

where will you store the dewalt one?? something you should think about...

if a saw is going to be in storage for 90% of its life then storage is a very important feature
Deal Addict
Aug 29, 2005
1575 posts
92 upvotes
Collingwood
I have this saw, I managed an extra 13% off 399 matching lowes last summer... I bought $13,000 in lumber at the time so they didn't give me a hassle.

It's great. The stand is fantastic, my garage is 20x25 and I park two cars inside. This saw slides under my stairs and sets up in seconds. The factory blade is decent too. I have replaced it but that is only because I use this saw regularly. It handled 2 inch butcherblock maple table tops. It rips with ease however it does draw power. I ended up running a dedicated plug for it to keep from flipping the breaker.

Also, a shop vac plugs in nicely to the exhaust and it sucks up most of the sawdust so you can cut with the garage doors shut on cold days.
Oct 14, 2015
159 posts
56 upvotes
Thornhill, ON
voided wrote: I have this saw, I managed an extra 13% off 399 matching lowes last summer... I bought $13,000 in lumber at the time so they didn't give me a hassle.

It's great. The stand is fantastic, my garage is 20x25 and I park two cars inside. This saw slides under my stairs and sets up in seconds. The factory blade is decent too. I have replaced it but that is only because I use this saw regularly. It handled 2 inch butcherblock maple table tops. It rips with ease however it does draw power. I ended up running a dedicated plug for it to keep from flipping the breaker.

Also, a shop vac plugs in nicely to the exhaust and it sucks up most of the sawdust so you can cut with the garage doors shut on cold days.
Great. I think I'm still gonna keep the R4513.

May I ask how did you run a dedicated plug for it? I looked at my breaker for garage and it seems to be a 15A breaker. Not sure how well it can handle this saw.
Mar 2, 2013
129 posts
28 upvotes
R5Ty1e wrote: what's your thought on the Dewalt?

I had similar issues with dialing in the bevel setting and wasn't impressed with how they designed the lock feature. Overall I won't be doing too much bevel cuts on it so it isn't a major concern, after a little bit of back and forth I managed to get it tuned. I didn't have issues with the throat plate or any scratches. The fence was about 1/16th off at the far end, adjusted it as per the manual and now its 100% straight regardless of where I slide it from.
Oct 14, 2015
159 posts
56 upvotes
Thornhill, ON
rust0r1 wrote: I had similar issues with dialing in the bevel setting and wasn't impressed with how they designed the lock feature. Overall I won't be doing too much bevel cuts on it so it isn't a major concern, after a little bit of back and forth I managed to get it tuned. I didn't have issues with the throat plate or any scratches. The fence was about 1/16th off at the far end, adjusted it as per the manual and now its 100% straight regardless of where I slide it from.
Good that someone is feeling the same for the bevel setting. I think I'm gonna keep it at 90 and use mitre saw for bevel cut exclusively.
Mar 2, 2013
129 posts
28 upvotes
R5Ty1e wrote: Good that someone is feeling the same for the bevel setting. I think I'm gonna keep it at 90 and use mitre saw for bevel cut exclusively.
Thats how I felt reading your post as well lol, "great so my saw isn't broken!"

It is pretty good as it is now, if I ever need to use any angles, I'll just confirm with the square or digital angle finder versus trusting the dial.

A minor detail given how happy I am with the rest of the saw.
Deal Addict
Feb 26, 2016
1562 posts
541 upvotes
Vaughan
Composter wrote: picked one up today, they had the R4510 on display so I said that is not right.....so they took $50 off so paid $349+ tax....
did you get the 4513 or 4510 for $50? i hear the 4510 is the better saw
Deal Addict
Feb 26, 2016
1562 posts
541 upvotes
Vaughan
Just pulled the trigger and bought the table saw at $383.24 after taxes by price matching with reno depot's 15% off a single item today. Paid 45 bucks more than the boxing day special of $299 plus taxes but I figure I could use the saw more now and there's no guarantee it'll drop to 299 again.