Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Home Depot

Ridgid 18v BRUSHLESS Limited Edition 4-tool Combo Kit CLEARANCE $300

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 16th, 2018 11:19 am
Deal Addict
Oct 4, 2008
1322 posts
282 upvotes
BeapChastard wrote: Actually, I'm starting to question whether it makes sense to buy the kit at all.

The Ridgid 5 piece kit is $497. It comes with drill, impact driver, circ saw, recip saw, light, and 2 batteries.

In my case I don't need the reciprocating saw, it's used for demolition work. Don't need the light either.

You can buy the Ridgid drill and impact combo for $179, and it comes with a charger and 2 batteries.
The circ saw is is $169. These are all regular prices.
So that's $348, or $149 cheaper than the kit, but I don't get the recip saw or light, which I don't care about anyways. When I priced out the Ryobi tools I foudn the same thing, it makes much more sense to buy just the tools I need.

So why buy the kit? The only reason I can think of is if I can find it at a considerable discount. But the individual tools sometimes go on sale too.

Also I consider the 5 piece kit as a 4 piece kit because the light doesn't count as a tool in my opinion. I mean you can buy a flash light at Dollarama for a couple bucks.
The kit is very good deal if you buy it on sale. And then follow discounts. But once you get with kit, it's hard to find good deals on other stuff...for ex. I wouldn't mind a wood cutting kit that has a jigsaw and recip. saw for 150 - since I will use those occasionally but thing is they will come as a kit with many other tools that I already have.
Btw. they do say their 18V batteries are compatible with all other 18V tools they made. I am not sure if they were making 18V tools 10 years ago.
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2011
4226 posts
3152 upvotes
Markham
vtec_chump wrote: YMMV

Didn't think this needed it's own thread but HD has the Ridgid 18v USB power source adapter on clearance:

https://www.homedepot.ca/en/home/p.18-v ... 29549.html

$17
Make sure to register for LSA. USB power bank guaranteed for life :)

4 left at Red Maple HD as of 830pm tonight
This dropped to $15 now. I just price adjusted for 2 bucks from $17. Haha
IMG_7415.JPG
Deal Fanatic
Nov 26, 2008
7360 posts
5511 upvotes
Great news.

Was at HD anyway so had them look it up, price in Pickering is now $124.96
Deal Fanatic
Nov 26, 2008
7360 posts
5511 upvotes
dOOMYLEIN wrote: Just the electronic receipt on my phone.
shabby wrote: Just got my price adjustment, what are the odds of it falling even more?

I checked 2 weeks ago, there was one in quebec and some in the prairies, they're long gone in the gta.

Found one descent price https://www.kijiji.ca/v-power-tool/mark ... nFlag=true
darkesha wrote: Is it better to do price adjustment or we can return and rebuy at the store ?
This way I would get a new receipt and I believe I could start LSA process the same day.
codier wrote: Yup. Me too
Hope next time will have more deduction.
Superman_2099 wrote: Just wanted to see if anyone has called their store to see if it has dropped. Both Mississauga and Brampton district strict still has for $300
zdpz wrote: Yes, please post if the price drops.
DC5R wrote: Don't have any new news on a price reduction, but I saw the attached at my local HD and thought I'd share with all the RFD'ers who own Ridgid cordless tools. if anyone uses the attached for a battery replacement, please report back on the process/ease of replacement.
Price is $124.96 now
Deal Addict
Oct 4, 2008
1322 posts
282 upvotes
tietherope wrote: Price is $124.96 now
Jesus & Maria!
Gonna have to go on Monday to adjust. Its like $20/device. Incredible deal.
Im thinking of using and spending monies on their finishing brad nailer at 299.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 26, 2008
7360 posts
5511 upvotes
darkesha wrote: Jesus & Maria!
Gonna have to go on Monday to adjust. Its like $20/device. Incredible deal.
Im thinking of using and spending monies on their finishing brad nailer at 299.
The battery powered one? Read some not so favourable reviews about how far it can actually drive the nails in.

Saw an air one on clearance for $199 in Pickering today.
Deal Addict
Oct 4, 2008
1322 posts
282 upvotes
Yes, battery powered one...it seems they are so/so....some work and push nail through stone (figuratively) and some cant even go 1/2" in pine. That tells me it's something with gun you get. The local HD had ridgid reps last monday and I wanted to go to talk to thrm about it but i wasn't around.
Dec 10, 2004
243 posts
378 upvotes
Winnipeg
Bought the set for $300 back in Feb. What do you say to the people at Home Depot's customer service desk to get the adjustment?
Deal Fanatic
Nov 26, 2008
7360 posts
5511 upvotes
Trout wrote: Bought the set for $300 back in Feb. What do you say to the people at Home Depot's customer service desk to get the adjustment?
"Hi, how's it going? I'd like to get a price adjustment on this item please" and hand them the receipt.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 23, 2009
5582 posts
2441 upvotes
tietherope wrote: "Hi, how's it going? I'd like to get a price adjustment on this item please" and hand them the receipt.
^ Hahahahaha, that's exactly right Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling Eyes
Dec 10, 2004
243 posts
378 upvotes
Winnipeg
tietherope wrote: "Hi, how's it going? I'd like to get a price adjustment on this item please" and hand them the receipt.
LOL! Thanks for the quick response. I expected something a little more complicated.... Heading off to Home Depot.
Dec 10, 2004
243 posts
378 upvotes
Winnipeg
Trout wrote: LOL! Thanks for the quick response. I expected something a little more complicated.... Heading off to Home Depot.
Holy Crap!!!! It worked! Got my price adjusted to $124.96! Thanks to everyone who contributed to the wealth of knowledge and information found in this thread!
Feb 23, 2006
67 posts
18 upvotes
X24Secret wrote: This dropped to $15 now. I just price adjusted for 2 bucks from $17. Haha

IMG_7415.JPG
Thanks! Btw, these are now $7.26 at checkout. Price on shelf still showed $15, but much to my delight cashed out @ $7.26!!!
Deal Addict
Oct 4, 2008
1322 posts
282 upvotes
tietherope wrote: The battery powered one? Read some not so favourable reviews about how far it can actually drive the nails in.

Saw an air one on clearance for $199 in Pickering today.
The Ryobi one is on sale, and its much cheaper and way more favourable reviewed....decisions, decisions....
Deal Fanatic
Feb 5, 2006
7774 posts
1646 upvotes
Toronto
tietherope wrote: The drill set at $179 is the X4, not the GEN5X, so there's a difference there. I can't find a GEN5X brushed set to compare to on their site. Also slightly smaller batteries.

But like you said, if there's tools you don't need, then the 5 piece set is hard to justify. Or you watch out for more clearance prices like the kit in this thread.
I think all Gen5X are brushless, so you won't find a Gen5X that's brushed.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 5, 2006
7774 posts
1646 upvotes
Toronto
Which stores in Toronto show the new reduced price for the Ltd. Edition kit in their system, so that I can do a price adjustment?

Preferably not far from Gerrard location. Want to save unnecessary driving around in this weather.

Thanks.

Edit: Done at Gerrard! Thanks to those who posted the reduction!
Feb 23, 2006
67 posts
18 upvotes
Inno wrote: I think all Gen5X are brushless, so you won't find a Gen5X that's brushed.
Actually the Gen5X come in both brushed and brushless sets. The 5 piece set that comes with a drill, driver, circular saw, reciprocating saw, and flashlight is a brushed set. It’s currently at homedepot for $497.

https://www.homedepot.ca/en/home/p.gen5 ... 37744.html

I’ve compared both side by side. Many of the Ridgid power tools on display at the stores are marked Gen 5x but do not have the “brushless” word on them. These would be the brushed tools. Seems that Ridgid first came out with Gen5X (brushed) followed sometime later with the Gen5X “brushless” series. Both are available in Canada although the brushless is still more rare.

Many reviews on YouTube comparing the Gen5X brushed vs brushless.
Deal Addict
Oct 4, 2008
1322 posts
282 upvotes
hip wrote: Actually the Gen5X come in both brushed and brushless sets. The 5 piece set that comes with a drill, driver, circular saw, reciprocating saw, and flashlight is a brushed set. It’s currently at homedepot for $497.

https://www.homedepot.ca/en/home/p.gen5 ... 37744.html

I’ve compared both side by side. Many of the Ridgid power tools on display at the stores are marked Gen 5x but do not have the “brushless” word on them. These would be the brushed tools. Seems that Ridgid first came out with Gen5X (brushed) followed sometime later with the Gen5X “brushless” series. Both are available in Canada although the brushless is still more rare.

Many reviews on YouTube comparing the Gen5X brushed vs brushless.
Its crazy they discontinued this brushless kit this fast and for this cheap. Incredible value. The only way this kit could have been better is if it included stealth impact driver (2x torque but with half of sound)
Sep 29, 2011
27 posts
33 upvotes
CALGARY
darkesha wrote: The only way this kit could have been better is if it included stealth impact driver (2x torque but with half of sound)
That's not right. And I'm glad it doesn't have the stealth impact because while it may be "HALF the noise of a standard impact driver and up to 2X faster", it only delivers 650 in. lbs. of torque. The regular Gen5X brushless impact driver delivers 2250 in. lbs. The only thing with more torque is the Gen5X brushless impact wrench with a whooping 5400 in. lbs.