Expired Hot Deals

[Home Depot] Ridgid - 2x 4Ah + 2x 2Ah Batteries and Charger $129 (Price Error - Dead)

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 23rd, 2019 3:47 pm
May 2, 2008
212 posts
293 upvotes
Toronto, Canada
Jon Lai wrote:
Feb 4th, 2019 9:01 am
Why do I have a feeling most people buying this don’t even have Ridgid tools? Face With Tears Of Joy
I'm one of those Face With Tears Of Joy
But I'll definitely buy a cordless drill if this thing ships. Currently I am using a Ryobi set with the two included (small) batteries and I run out of charge all the time.
Jan 31, 2011
674 posts
263 upvotes
Toronto
Exp315 wrote:
Feb 4th, 2019 9:51 am
The main reason why there isn't a big market for these add-on kits is that most people already got a charger and batteries with their initial Ridgid tool kits, and both are covered by the Lifetime Service Agreement. A home user is unlikely to need more. Maybe if you're a heavy job site user you might need extra batteries and chargers.

Ridgid's LSA policy on these kits is clear as mud. Their terms say that among the items not covered by LSA are "accessory batteries, accessory chargers". Batteries and chargers that come with a tool are covered. I've previously seen it stated that kits with a charger and batteries together are covered by LSA, but I don't see that confirmed anywhere. The HD web page for this product claims that it is covered by LSA, so you would have a strong case for a refund from HD if the LSA registration is refused by Ridgid.
Ridgid staff on HD US website confirmed that the battery+charger kit (although different one) is covered by LSA. Let's just hope Ridgid will be consistent across the border.

RIDGID Power Tool Team
August 10, 2018
Hi OldGuy, This item is covered by the Lifetime service agreement if registered within 90 days of registration for this Kit number. If the system rejected the LSA please call our warranty dept. to get it corrected. 866-539-1710. Thanks for asking. Greg
Deal Addict
Jul 3, 2017
3682 posts
2544 upvotes
xoy74 wrote:
Feb 4th, 2019 9:54 am
But I'll definitely buy a cordless drill if this thing ships. Currently I am using a Ryobi set with the two included (small) batteries and I run out of charge all the time.
But you can probably get a better deal on a Ridgid kit that includes a cordless drill, charger and batteries, so it doesn't make sense to get into the Ridgid tool line by purchasing this kit.

For example I started with kit from HD that had the Ridgid Gen5X cordless 18v hammer drill and 7.25" circular saw, charger, and two batteries (2ah and 4ah) for $75.
Last edited by Exp315 on Feb 4th, 2019 10:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Expert
May 30, 2005
41478 posts
2533 upvotes
Richmond Hill
xoy74 wrote:
What are you going to do with a drill and 5 batteries? :D
***Brand New Google Home Hub ONLY $165!!***
Silver Coins | Google Home Hub | Philips Wake-Up Light with Radio
Heatware | RFD Feedback
Deal Addict
Mar 20, 2004
3517 posts
499 upvotes
Mississauga
Just curious, I tried registering a ridgid tool on this website for LSA
https://register.ridgidpower.com/

Is this the right website?
I submitted all the information including the receipt since Jan 26 and the LSA is still pending.
Deal Addict
Jan 28, 2007
1512 posts
957 upvotes
I Just got a notification from CC saying that it was now processed for the full amount.
Mar 17, 2015
211 posts
273 upvotes
Saskatoon, SK
wing0 wrote:
Feb 4th, 2019 10:27 am
Just curious, I tried registering a ridgid tool on this website for LSA
https://register.ridgidpower.com/

Is this the right website?
I submitted all the information including the receipt since Jan 26 and the LSA is still pending.
Whenever I've registered one, it takes foreverrrr...
Smile at strangers... joy is easier to spread than misery (unless the stranger offers you candy, then run like hell!).
Mar 17, 2015
211 posts
273 upvotes
Saskatoon, SK
Damn, this is one of hottest deals I've see in a long time!

I've been procrastinating for over a month about buying the two 3ah batteries for $99, so this is a no-brainer for me (I'm lucky if my two current 1.5ah batteries last 18 mins with my sander).
Smile at strangers... joy is easier to spread than misery (unless the stranger offers you candy, then run like hell!).
Deal Addict
Sep 4, 2007
2956 posts
1499 upvotes
Canada
Jon Lai wrote:
Feb 4th, 2019 10:13 am
He’s going to drill the hell out of something!
Jun 4, 2007
142 posts
20 upvotes
Oshawa
torontotim wrote:
Feb 4th, 2019 9:14 am
Word of warning - even the 3.0 Ah batteries are quite large and heavy. The 4.0's will be bricks.
My 3.0 AH and 4.0 AH look identical, the 4.0 AH weighs 2.5 grams more , so no real difference.
Feb 28, 2016
504 posts
163 upvotes
Jojo_Madman wrote:
Feb 4th, 2019 10:36 am
I Just got a notification from CC saying that it was now processed for the full amount.
Yep mine went through right away, I'm still not that hopeful that it'll ship.
Deal Addict
Jan 28, 2007
1512 posts
957 upvotes
paintballdude05 wrote:
Feb 4th, 2019 11:20 am
Yep mine went through right away, I'm still not that hopeful that it'll ship.

If not, maybe at least a GC ... but I'd rather have the batteries ... fingers crossed.
Deal Guru
Oct 6, 2010
10324 posts
4735 upvotes
Toronto
This is an amazing price, thanks op. Too bad I don't need it now, lol. I only have mud/taping left and all my renos are done. Will hardly ever get used.
Deal Addict
Feb 7, 2005
1236 posts
347 upvotes
Toronto
xoy74 wrote:
Jon Lai wrote:
Feb 4th, 2019 10:13 am
grantz wrote:
Feb 4th, 2019 10:55 am
He’s going to drill the hell out of something!
He drill long time!!!
=============
Heatware