Expired Hot Deals

[Home Depot] Ridgid - 2x 4Ah + 2x 2Ah Batteries and Charger $129 (Price Error - Dead)

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 23rd, 2019 3:47 pm
Mar 17, 2015
268 posts
348 upvotes
Saskatoon, SK
Exp315 wrote:
Feb 4th, 2019 10:12 am
But you can probably get a better deal on a Ridgid kit that includes a cordless drill, charger and batteries, so it doesn't make sense to get into the Ridgid tool line by purchasing this kit.

For example I started with kit from HD that had the Ridgid Gen5X cordless 18v hammer drill and 7.25" circular saw, charger, and two batteries (2ah and 4ah) for $75.
How long ago was that deal?
Smile at strangers... joy is easier to spread than misery (unless the stranger offers you candy, then run like hell!).
Oct 27, 2016
136 posts
246 upvotes
First world problems....I have Milwaukee set that I use as my primary set of power tools...I have 4 batteries (3x 2ah, 1x 4ah).

But I also have a set of Ridgid power tools just as extras....with 2x 4ah batteries already. I want these extra batteries....but just cause I want them...

Life is full of hard decisions....*must not buy, must not buy, put away the credit card...*
Deal Addict
Jul 3, 2017
3860 posts
2764 upvotes
Wheatboy wrote:
Feb 4th, 2019 12:10 pm
How long ago was that deal?
Fall 2017. But HD has similar deals every year, usually spring through fall. A combo kit will go on sale for half price, then a month later they'll blow out the last of them for half off again. What you do is buy the kit at half price, then watch for the final blowout and rush back in to get a price protection deal.
Penalty Box
Dec 28, 2008
2494 posts
3354 upvotes
Langley, BC
orders wont go through, these types of pricing errors always happen and are always cancelled
Oct 27, 2016
136 posts
246 upvotes
Exp315 wrote:
Feb 4th, 2019 12:17 pm
Fall 2017. But HD has similar deals every year, usually spring through fall. A combo kit will go on sale for half price, then a month later they'll blow out the last of them for half off again. What you do is buy the kit at half price, then watch for the final blowout and rush back in to get a price protection deal.
That's when I bought the combo kit as well. It had Gen5X Brushless Hammer Drill, Impact Driver, Circular Saw, and batteries for $129 or something (Orig $399ish?). But this is still an excellent deal.

Also I haven't seen a Ridgid combo kit sale like that ever since.
Deal Addict
Apr 3, 2013
1089 posts
751 upvotes
Toronto
DP: Order made at 2:05 AM was cancelled.
Just received cancellation email, followed by a template customer service email.
I'll take the $15.00 gift card though.
Last edited by injust on Feb 4th, 2019 12:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Public Mobile
Tangerine
Deal Addict
Jan 23, 2009
4957 posts
1860 upvotes
Thank you for shopping The Home Depot. We appreciate your business.

We are writing to apologize to you, and let you know that we are unable to fulfill your recent order for SKU 1001214063 the RIGID 18V Lithuim- Ion Dual Port Sequential Vahger Kit

The significantly reduced price listed on the website during the time you visited was the result of a system error. As such, your order has been cancelled & the authorization on your payment has been reversed.

While our goal is an error-free site, we do not guarantee that any content is 100% accurate or complete, including price information and product specifications. If we discover price errors, they will be corrected on our systems, and the order will be cancelled.

Home Depot reserves the right to revoke any stated offer and to correct any errors, inaccuracies or omissions (including after an order has been submitted and accepted).

We are sorry for this inconvenience. As a gesture of goodwill we are sending you one $15 Home Depot E-gift card to your email address; we are honoring the value of one Gift card per household regardless of the number or orders placed.

Again, we apologize for any inconvenience this situation may have caused you, and appreciate your understanding.
Jul 2, 2011
169 posts
78 upvotes
Pickering, ON
lifeisfuneh wrote:
Feb 4th, 2019 12:36 pm
Thank you for shopping The Home Depot. We appreciate your business.

We are writing to apologize to you, and let you know that we are unable to fulfill your recent order for SKU 1001214063 the RIGID 18V Lithuim- Ion Dual Port Sequential Vahger Kit

The significantly reduced price listed on the website during the time you visited was the result of a system error. As such, your order has been cancelled & the authorization on your payment has been reversed.

While our goal is an error-free site, we do not guarantee that any content is 100% accurate or complete, including price information and product specifications. If we discover price errors, they will be corrected on our systems, and the order will be cancelled.

Home Depot reserves the right to revoke any stated offer and to correct any errors, inaccuracies or omissions (including after an order has been submitted and accepted).

We are sorry for this inconvenience. As a gesture of goodwill we are sending you one $15 Home Depot E-gift card to your email address; we are honoring the value of one Gift card per household regardless of the number or orders placed.

Again, we apologize for any inconvenience this situation may have caused you, and appreciate your understanding.
I just received the same email. Oh well, we tried.

Tom
[OP]
Jul 16, 2017
147 posts
113 upvotes
Well, I could re-title the deal to be "[Homedepot] Free $15".
Aug 1, 2018
61 posts
55 upvotes
Kitchener, ON
Just got the cancellation email. You really have to love Home Depot - I bought this without even owning any RIGID Drills, hoping that the order would be cancelled and I'd get a gift card. Free $15 for my next purchase!
Mar 28, 2011
661 posts
436 upvotes
Toronto
I got $15 too

Not bad for a 2 min checkout process from RFD to HD

Kinda wished I got the order though I have more than enough tools to use the batteries
Deal Fanatic
Nov 20, 2003
6060 posts
2105 upvotes
Moncton, NB
Ahhhh got the email as well. Price error but will be getting a 15$ GC.

Better than nothing and HD is very smart to give out something on price errors since we now have to use that GC and will most likely spend more $$ going in store :)

I know they don't have to give out anything but nice little bonus :)