Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Home Depot

Home Depot Ridgid hammer drill w 2 batteries $99

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 21st, 2019 3:05 pm
Deal Fanatic
Nov 17, 2012
5379 posts
4994 upvotes
Toronto

[Home Depot] Home Depot Ridgid hammer drill w 2 batteries $99

Seems like a not too bad deal for the drill, 2 x 1.5 ah batteries and charger if you need this drill to round out your collection.

Spotted at the Stockyards location. If you happen to have that $15 GC for ordering the price-error Ridgid batteries, here's something to spend it on.
IMG_0411 (Medium).jpeg
IMG_0412 (Medium).jpeg
Last edited by torontotim on Feb 5th, 2019 12:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
41 replies
Nov 24, 2005
153 posts
84 upvotes
Mississauga
Nice find.

I already have this hammer drill. If only it was an impact driver or impact wrench kit.
Jul 16, 2017
274 posts
300 upvotes
If you have $100 to spend on a drill, this is the one to get!

Brushless, two batteries, lifetime warranty (on drill and batteries).
Deal Addict
Jul 3, 2017
3859 posts
2814 upvotes
I have this drill. Very powerful, but a couple of notes about it:

- The speed control trigger is too jerky. Unlike my Milwaukee drill that ramps up slowly and smoothly as I increase trigger pressure, this one jerks from 0 to 1/4 speed instantly.
- There's a tendency for the bits to become loose in the chuck, as many people have mentioned in reviews
- While the hammer action works, it's not as effective as an SDS hammer drill, and the vibration level is very high, making it difficult to hold and leading to concerns about the drill holding up.
Deal Guru
Sep 8, 2007
10978 posts
14468 upvotes
Way Out of GTA
This drill comes with 2 x 1.5 mah batteries not 2.0. It’s clearly labeled on the box.

Agree with the other poster, I’ve found Ridgid chucks to be problematic. Loosening off even after cranking it down.

Still this is an excellent price for 2 batteries and the hammer drill plus the lifetime service agreement.
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2004
4278 posts
5209 upvotes
Montreal, QC
Exp315 wrote: I have this drill. Very powerful, but a couple of notes about it:
- While the hammer action works, it's not as effective as an SDS hammer drill, and the vibration level is very high, making it difficult to hold and leading to concerns about the drill holding up.
There is no way to compare and SDS rotary hammer drill with any regular hammer drill. I have a makita HP2010N electrical hammer drill (which is no slouch - and not cheap either), but even the cheap $100 rotary hammer will go through thicker concrete a lot easier. But I obviously would not want to use a rotary hammer all day long installing tapcons either :)

Depends on the jobs you do, and how frequently. Each has it's purpose. If you already have regular drills (cordless or corded), and need a hammer drill for the occasional task, I'd say you are better off just getting the cheap SDS rotary hammer. If you need one regularly, then you need to evaluate if you are better of with a more expensive SDS rotary hammer, or a good hammer drill. Like anything else.. "90% of the job, is having the right tools..".
Deal Fanatic
Nov 17, 2012
5379 posts
4994 upvotes
Toronto
Corrected in the op - thanks!
Feb 4, 2013
45 posts
19 upvotes
Came across this set drill 2 batteries charger no impact and no case shows case on website needed the batteries with lifetime warranty drill is much smaller than old style and batteries have charge guage
Deal Fanatic
Nov 24, 2012
5909 posts
2223 upvotes
Space
Okay deal, but you’re better off waiting or spending just a few bucks more for a brushless version. Ridgid stuff is usually priced very competitively so you can find brushless stuff for fairly cheap. Good for the batteries I guess.
Last edited by Solsearchin1 on Feb 10th, 2019 7:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Sep 15, 2011
1153 posts
832 upvotes
HUNTSVILLE
Good deal, the batteries are worth more than that.
Deal Addict
Apr 4, 2006
3198 posts
1023 upvotes
Vancouver
I noticed on the yellow label, it says Reason Code - Damaged

torontotim, did you notice why it will say damaged?
Deal Addict
Apr 4, 2006
3198 posts
1023 upvotes
Vancouver
I may need to use a cordless drill probably 3x a year. Is purchasing Ridgid the right choice because of their lifetime warranty on the battery? Or is there fine prints in replacing their batteries?
Deal Fanatic
Nov 17, 2012
5379 posts
4994 upvotes
Toronto
yvrwindsor wrote: I noticed on the yellow label, it says Reason Code - Damaged

torontotim, did you notice why it will say damaged?
No idea - I didn't notice that. Hard to imagine they're all 'damaged' and that HD would sell them. Probably whoever printed up the labels messed up. I'm not in town to go check to see what might be left or the condition but the boxes seemed like new and not opened.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 22, 2008
6946 posts
7520 upvotes
BC
yvrwindsor wrote: I may need to use a cordless drill probably 3x a year. Is purchasing Ridgid the right choice because of their lifetime warranty on the battery? Or is there fine prints in replacing their batteries?
I'm going by memory here, but as I recall, the only fine print on their lifetime service agreement regarding batteries is that they have to be purchased as part of a kit (included with a tool). Batteries purchased separately only qualify for the standard 3-year warranty.

Just writing that out though made me think - I wonder what would happen if X amount of years down the road, a battery needs to to be replaced and is covered by the LSA, but Ridgid has some new technology out that uses a different type of battery and lithium ion is discontinued. Say they send me a new technology battery to replace a lithium ion one, but then the new battery doesn't fit any of my lithium ion tools. Then what? The same scenario could happen if it's a tool that needs replacing and the new tool only uses a new type of battery that is not compatible with the current lithium ion ones.
-Read store exceptions before combining discounts with cash back sites
-HomeDepot clearance prices are not shown on stocktrack or HD.ca
-There is a difference between NEED (necessities) and WANT (desires). The word NEED is over-used on RFD and in general.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 5, 2006
7774 posts
1646 upvotes
Toronto
SizzleChest wrote: I'm going by memory here, but as I recall, the only fine print on their lifetime service agreement regarding batteries is that they have to be purchased as part of a kit (included with a tool). Batteries purchased separately only qualify for the standard 3-year warranty.

Just writing that out though made me think - I wonder what would happen if X amount of years down the road, a battery needs to to be replaced and is covered by the LSA, but Ridgid has some new technology out that uses a different type of battery and lithium ion is discontinued. Say they send me a new technology battery to replace a lithium ion one, but then the new battery doesn't fit any of my lithium ion tools. Then what? The same scenario could happen if it's a tool that needs replacing and the new tool only uses a new type of battery that is not compatible with the current lithium ion ones.
They already switched a few years ago, from NiCad to Lithium Ion. But they were smart enough to keep the same format so all the old and new 18V batteries fit both old and new tools and chargers.

I got two of my old NiCad batteries replaced under the lifetime recently and was hoping for the replacements to be LI batteries. No luck, somehow they found some New Old Stock NiCad batteries to give to me. The old ones are much heavier than the new ones. :-(
Nov 8, 2007
667 posts
388 upvotes
I randomly bought a Rigid 2-battery drill set back in 2007 and it still works great and charges fast. Maybe the batteries don't last quite as long as they used to but more than sufficient for home jobs.
Deal Addict
Mar 6, 2010
2505 posts
1564 upvotes
Toronto
torontotim wrote: No idea - I didn't notice that. Hard to imagine they're all 'damaged' and that HD would sell them. Probably whoever printed up the labels messed up. I'm not in town to go check to see what might be left or the condition but the boxes seemed like new and not opened.
*Damaged* is just a description (specific code) in order to mark down for certain %%. Obviously it's not like hd is selling an out of order hammer drill for u bro.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 22, 2008
6946 posts
7520 upvotes
BC
Inno wrote: They already switched a few years ago, from NiCad to Lithium Ion. But they were smart enough to keep the same format so all the old and new 18V batteries fit both old and new tools and chargers.
That's good to hear, thanks.
-Read store exceptions before combining discounts with cash back sites
-HomeDepot clearance prices are not shown on stocktrack or HD.ca
-There is a difference between NEED (necessities) and WANT (desires). The word NEED is over-used on RFD and in general.
Deal Addict
Apr 4, 2006
3198 posts
1023 upvotes
Vancouver
Inno wrote:

I got two of my old NiCad batteries replaced under the lifetime recently and was hoping for the replacements to be LI batteries. No luck, somehow they found some New Old Stock NiCad batteries to give to me. The old ones are much heavier than the new ones. :-(
Would lithium require a different charger?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)