• Last Updated:
  • Sep 17th, 2017 12:59 am
Deal Fanatic
Jan 6, 2005
8885 posts
1380 upvotes
rilles wrote:
Sep 7th, 2017 11:50 am
Only the 3 panel light can use a cord, single floods are battery only.
The handheld spotlight came with a lighter adapter cord.
The first rule of RFD is, you do not talk about RFD.

The second rule of RFD is, you DO NOT talk about RFD.
Deal Addict
Aug 29, 2001
1787 posts
190 upvotes
Waterlooo
RookieCookie wrote:
Sep 7th, 2017 12:02 pm
Yes, I originally bought it thinking that I could score some cheap batteries off of Kijiji. I've had good luck with Milwaukee batteries and chargers off of Kijiji (I own Milwaukee system). But I've checked everyday and no luck. =(
Amazon has offbrand clones of most major battery brands, but YMMV.
Deal Addict
Aug 4, 2008
1759 posts
281 upvotes
Toronto
Maybe the flood light should be considered twice before purchase.

But the panel light is worthwhile, even if plugged in.

Besides, it's regularly $129.99, but being sold at 24 and change on this deal.

Even if you bought a multi-pack battery and charger system, you are still coming out ahead.

Plus let's not forget Ridgid's Lifetime Warranty on their batteries and tools, which is probably a reason why nothing is coming up on Kijiji.

If you invest into Ridgid and know you are being backed by a lifetime warranty, you wouldn't really offload batteries or tools unless you were switching brands.

I think the lights are worth holding onto and waiting for a regular sale on the batteries.

They are really versatile for use in the home, garage, or outdoors for camping/hiking.
Oct 12, 2011
22 posts
5 upvotes
Does anyone have a receipt from the Coquitlam/Surrey locations that they could post?

Thanks
Sep 5, 2017
5 posts
7 upvotes
RookieCookie wrote:
Sep 7th, 2017 10:45 am
OP here:

For those of you that bought the ones priced at $27, I hope it was the actual spotlight and not the Flash Lights (attached pictures). The flashlights are pretty useless at 100 lumens only. Whereas the "Light Cannon" has 2500 lumens and the Floodlight has 1200 lumens.

P.S. All of the ones that I originally saw at St.Vital Home Depot (Wpg) are all gone. RFD lurkers attacked. Although I am likely to return mine still since I can't find a cheap battery and charger. I really only needed the spot light and I don't want to spend $50+ on a battery.
Purchased the 2500 lumens light cannon for $27
Dec 10, 2008
166 posts
69 upvotes
BMDJag wrote:
Sep 7th, 2017 1:51 pm
Does anyone have a receipt from the Coquitlam/Surrey locations that they could post?

Thanks
Been meaning to upload this. Hope it helps.

Deal Addict
Feb 29, 2012
2100 posts
1061 upvotes
Richmond
I successfully PMd the floodlight at HD Richmond BC for $27 (they were listing it on clearance for $48). I showed the photo from Surrey posted by PEA (home-depot-ridgid-led-spotlights-cleara ... #p28196281). They tried to verify that price, but their computer was responding so slowly that they just shrugged and accepted the photo as justification for the PM. I didn't push my luck by asking about the 3-panel floodlight, and I didn't see any of the spotlights left.
Apr 2, 2009
25 posts
15 upvotes
vancouver
Vancouver did a price reduction for me too on the flood light (non folding). Manager was reluctant, and explained the other stores were probably doing it to reduce their inventory (at that price, no kidding). Keeping watch on other ridgid products in the meantime!
I used to have a handle on life, but it broke.
Jul 20, 2003
867 posts
20 upvotes
Surrey
took the last 2 floodlights at Langley location. No flashlight left.
Nov 20, 2008
197 posts
21 upvotes
checked the south whitby location (where the receipt was posted on page 9), both the folding flood and cannon scanned on the rep's handhelds for regular price. didn't want to haggle for PM.

there were at least 2 of each at this location - not hidden.
Deal Addict
Feb 29, 2012
2100 posts
1061 upvotes
Richmond
Everyone who scored one of these lights, don't forget to register for the Ridgid Lifetime Service Agreement (not the same as the default warranty - you must take action to register). See the information in the other thread about how the registration process with HD receipts is screwed up and what you need to do: http://forums.redflagdeals.com/home-dep ... #p28132950
Deal Addict
Mar 6, 2010
1492 posts
471 upvotes
Toronto
mec9t8 wrote:
Sep 7th, 2017 5:43 pm
I don't see the folding on at Dufferin location, but I wasn't really "exploring" the store.

Ok thank you for ur input sir.
Deal Addict
Feb 29, 2012
2100 posts
1061 upvotes
Richmond
RookieCookie wrote:
Sep 7th, 2017 12:02 pm
Yes, I originally bought it thinking that I could score some cheap batteries off of Kijiji. I've had good luck with Milwaukee batteries and chargers off of Kijiji (I own Milwaukee system). But I've checked everyday and no luck. =(
You're in luck! Deal on the battery+charger: home-depot-rigid-18v-2ah-starter-kit-36 ... #p28205546

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)