• Sep 17th, 2017 12:59 am
Deal Addict
Aug 4, 2008
1759 posts
281 upvotes
Toronto
neverhaveiever wrote:
Sep 7th, 2017 8:41 am
interesting. what do they do then? return at full price put it on the shelf, then sell at the clearance rate or the regular rate :S

I guess it is worth a shot.
They sell it to you at the adjusted price, then they refund the original payment amount.

It's a weird way to do it, but I think they do it like this to make sure you have the funds in case you walked in with just one or no items but just the reciept.

Whitby has it priced at 129.99 and offered it to sell it to me at their lowest recorded price which was 99.99, I passed on the offer, but the Manager was trying to make an effort to appease me.
Deal Addict
Aug 4, 2008
1759 posts
281 upvotes
Toronto
These lights would definitely be of more use for someone with a Ridgid set-up.

It's going to be another mission to find battery packs to make this really worthwhile.

I just started investing into the new DeWalt FlexVolt line.
Dec 7, 2007
142 posts
17 upvotes
blazerzr2 wrote:
Sep 6th, 2017 11:39 pm
Both the floodlight and spotlight at Woodbridge store. They have it in clearance for 54 and 65 respectively. I went to price match with the receipt in this thread and they wouldn't do it as they said different stores deem individually what's considered clearance. I then pointed out that theirs is also on clearance priced, just at a higher price.
Manager agreed on the price match at that point.
As long as both stores have it as clearance, be they'll match it, but ymmv.
The store at woodbridge is NOT good for the price match, I tried to do the price match with other stores for the "EZ seed" , they refused.
Deal Addict
Aug 4, 2008
1759 posts
281 upvotes
Toronto
corollace wrote:
Sep 7th, 2017 9:04 am
The store at woodbridge is NOT good for the price match, I tried to do the price match with other stores for the "EZ seed" , they refused.
This same store let someone else PM the Husky 121 piece.

It's easier to just go out to lower traffic stores from RFDers, like the one's out east or west, anything in the GTA gets hit hard by RFD and RFD Lurkers.
Deal Addict
Sep 24, 2007
3523 posts
942 upvotes
Ontario
rebel_rfd wrote:
Sep 7th, 2017 9:29 am
This same store let someone else PM the Husky 121 piece.

It's easier to just go out to lower traffic stores from RFDers, like the one's out east or west, anything in the GTA gets hit hard by RFD and RFD Lurkers.
maybe, but no-go in kingston.
[OP]
Oct 27, 2016
64 posts
82 upvotes
User867851 wrote:
Sep 6th, 2017 1:36 pm
3 spotlights left at airport/queen in Brampton- priced at $27

Grabbed one thanks OP!
OP here:

For those of you that bought the ones priced at $27, I hope it was the actual spotlight and not the Flash Lights (attached pictures). The flashlights are pretty useless at 100 lumens only. Whereas the "Light Cannon" has 2500 lumens and the Floodlight has 1200 lumens.

P.S. All of the ones that I originally saw at St.Vital Home Depot (Wpg) are all gone. RFD lurkers attacked. Although I am likely to return mine still since I can't find a cheap battery and charger. I really only needed the spot light and I don't want to spend $50+ on a battery.
Images
  • IMG_2107.JPG
Deal Addict
Feb 29, 2012
2100 posts
1061 upvotes
Richmond
RookieCookie wrote:
Sep 7th, 2017 10:45 am
I am likely to return mine still since I can't find a cheap battery and charger. I really only needed the spot light and I don't want to spend $50+ on a battery.
:facepalm: :facepalm:
Deal Addict
Aug 29, 2001
1787 posts
190 upvotes
Waterlooo
Typically you buy a brand based on batteries you already have, or buy batteries with the tool if you starting out. Not buy different tools brands and have 4 different battery types laying around as they tend to be expensive.

I got the flood lights myself and do find they are expensive but well made and versatile.
Deal Addict
Mar 6, 2010
1492 posts
471 upvotes
Toronto
rebel_rfd wrote:
Sep 7th, 2017 11:25 am
LoL, why the double facepalm?
Probably he felt sorry for OP that he couldn't fully utilize these lights lol... as OP doesn't look like he has battery and charger for ridgid system :(

Once again, thanked OP
Deal Addict
Aug 4, 2008
1759 posts
281 upvotes
Toronto
woolo wrote:
Sep 7th, 2017 11:34 am
Probably he felt sorry for OP that he couldn't fully utilize these lights lol... as OP doesn't look like he has battery and charger for ridgid system :(

Once again, thanked OP
True, but I think the clearance price of each of these lights is low enough, you could invest into a Ridgid battery system down the road when batteries pop up on sale/clearance.

Besides, the Flood and Panel Lights can be set up on cords.
Deal Addict
Aug 29, 2001
1787 posts
190 upvotes
Waterlooo
rebel_rfd wrote:
Sep 7th, 2017 11:38 am
True, but I think the clearance price of each of these lights is low enough, you could invest into a Ridgid battery system down the road when batteries pop up on sale/clearance.

Besides, the Flood and Panel Lights can be set up on cords.
Only the 3 panel light can use a cord, single floods are battery only.
Deal Addict
Feb 29, 2012
2100 posts
1061 upvotes
Richmond
rilles wrote:
Sep 7th, 2017 11:50 am
Only the 3 panel light can use a cord, single floods are battery only.
Correct. Unless you already have a Ridgid battery system, there is no point in buying these lights. They work only with a Ridgid battery, and the batteries and charger are way too expensive to buy as a separate item. They seldom go on sale, and then usually only as a multi-battery pack. If you just want a bright flood/spot light, there are cheaper alternatives with similar power using a custom rechargeable battery compared to Ridgid's regular prices.

There are some cheap clone Ridgid batteries sold on Amazon.com, but they don't seem to be available in Canada.
[OP]
Oct 27, 2016
64 posts
82 upvotes
Faith24 wrote:
Sep 7th, 2017 11:57 am
Correct. Unless you already have a Ridgid battery system, there is no point in buying these lights. They work only with a Ridgid battery, and the batteries and charger are way too expensive to buy as a separate item. They seldom go on sale, and then usually only as a multi-battery pack. If you just want a bright flood/spot light, there are cheaper alternatives with similar power using a custom rechargeable battery compared to Ridgid's regular prices.

There are some cheap clone Ridgid batteries sold on Amazon.com, but they don't seem to be available in Canada.
Yes, I originally bought it thinking that I could score some cheap batteries off of Kijiji. I've had good luck with Milwaukee batteries and chargers off of Kijiji (I own Milwaukee system). But I've checked everyday and no luck. =(