Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Home Depot

Ryobi 18V Drill + Impact Driver - $88 Starting Apr 12

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 29th, 2018 4:43 pm
Deal Guru
Jan 25, 2007
12694 posts
7861 upvotes
Paris
Replyall wrote: Yeah I'm leaning towards keeping the Ridgid set for the LSA. Just trying to decide if LSA is worth $40 really I guess.
I have every impact TTI sells, different generations, multiple copies of each. I’d stick with the 12 volt ridgid unless you are building a deck this summer over the 18v ryobi. The 12v milwaukee set I’d build a deck with (impacts are now 2 speed).

The new Ridgid quiet impact is nice, but a little more physically bulky for the liquid system that quiets down the impacting.
Deal Expert
Feb 11, 2007
21245 posts
25711 upvotes
GTA
theflyingsquirrel wrote: You have a link for the hammer drill set?
Is it also $88?
Read back a few posts for the SKU and call your local stores.
If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.
Deal Addict
Apr 6, 2006
1253 posts
67 upvotes
K-W
Went to Kitchener West and the hammer drill combo was posted and scanning at $134, so I asked the customer service desk if they would price match receipt from another HD after they verified SKU. Gave it to me at $88 no problem so I returned the drill driver combo. Thanks for posting the receipt earlier!
Deal Addict
Sep 28, 2005
4251 posts
2615 upvotes
Pointe-Claire
To answer my own question (above), I was able to get to a HD and asked them to check the SKU... no stock shown anywhere in the Montreal and surrounding areas. Guess the locations in Ontario (as posted) have lucked out for this. Would have preferred the Hammer Drill combo kit as I already have a couple of drills.

As mentioned, the Drill/Impact kit has gone up to $159. I assume that maybe the Hammer/Impact kit might remain at $88 if it is a clearance item? Too bad, won't apply to me anyways (I'll just tell myself that I'd probably never really need/use it :rolleyes: but it would have looked nice in my ONE+ collection Face With Stuck-out Tongue And Tightly-closed Eyes ). Congrats to those that managed to get one!
Last edited by deals46 on Apr 23rd, 2018 2:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I can't afford to save that much!
Deal Addict
Aug 28, 2012
1965 posts
1096 upvotes
Kanata, ON
No Hammer Drill combo's in the Ottawa area according to their inventory system.
Apr 6, 2018
32 posts
64 upvotes
I haven't read all the messages in the thread but earlier there were questions about whether or not the impact could take off lug nuts. I switched out 8 winter tires on Sunday and the 18v impact that's part of the combo did well. It removed 80 ft lb lugs that I had put on and with some time and effort removed lug nuts put on by a tire shop (usually way over torqued). I did have to do a battery switch but I suspect that was because I used the first battery with only whatever charge it was shipped with.

Heads up if you are looking to work on lugs or any bolt you'll need an impact socket adaptor ($6 at Canadian tire or $10 for a set of 3 from princess auto)
Last edited by parsaj on Apr 23rd, 2018 3:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Expert
Feb 11, 2007
21245 posts
25711 upvotes
GTA
parsaj wrote: I haven't read all the messages in the thread but earlier there were questions about whether or not the impact could take off lug nuts. I switched out 8 winter tires on Sunday and the 18v impact that's part of the combo did well. It removed 80 ft lb lugs that I had put on and with some time and effort removed lug nuts put on by a tire shop (usually way over torqued). I did have to do a battery switch but I suspect that was because I used the first battery with only whatever charge it was shipped with.

Heads up if you are looking to work on lugs or any bolt you'll need an impact socket adaptor ($6 at Canadian tire or $10 for a set of 3 from princess auto)
I'm pretty sure my hammer/impact set came with a socket adapter (not that I don't have a bunch already).
Deal Guru
Dec 11, 2004
11150 posts
3859 upvotes
Montreal, QC
engineered wrote: I'm pretty sure my hammer/impact set came with a socket adapter (not that I don't have a bunch already).
It's a small one, 1/4"? For lugnuts, you'll need 3/8" or 1/2" sockets
Deal Expert
Feb 11, 2007
21245 posts
25711 upvotes
GTA
Daijoubu wrote: It's a small one, 1/4"? For lugnuts, you'll need 3/8" or 1/2" sockets
Yep. I've got several of each size.
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2012
15662 posts
10440 upvotes
Southern Ontario
Got a few in various sizes here too, they’re cheap on Amazon or at PrincessAuto.
Feb 4, 2012
26 posts
65 upvotes
Toronto
Dumb request, but I bought this set and opened the box yesterday. I was thinking since I don't use it often I would just keep the cardboard in the case for now so that the case fills out better. However, I pulled everything out a little too fast and now can't for the life of me figure out how the impact driver fit in. There's a clear mold for the drill on one side and the batteries/charger on the other. If anyone hasn't unboxed theirs yet, or did a better job than I did of taking everything out the first time, can you post a pic or two of how everything fits back in?

Thanks!
Aug 27, 2017
1 posts
seren8 wrote: Dumb request, but I bought this set and opened the box yesterday. I was thinking since I don't use it often I would just keep the cardboard in the case for now so that the case fills out better. However, I pulled everything out a little too fast and now can't for the life of me figure out how the impact driver fit in. There's a clear mold for the drill on one side and the batteries/charger on the other. If anyone hasn't unboxed theirs yet, or did a better job than I did of taking everything out the first time, can you post a pic or two of how everything fits back in?

Thanks!

I think the impact was just kinda packed in there, and not in the mold you mentioned, almost like it was thrown in as an addon item. I know it sounds weird, but that's also why I remember.
Feb 4, 2012
26 posts
65 upvotes
Toronto
sajparpartap wrote: I think the impact was just kinda packed in there, and not in the mold you mentioned, almost like it was thrown in as an addon item. I know it sounds weird, but that's also why I remember.
Cool, thanks - good to know it wasn't just me missing something! Still no idea how to cram it back in there with the cardboard as well lol.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)