Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Home Depot

Ryobi 18V Drill + Impact Driver - $88 Starting Apr 12

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 29th, 2018 4:43 pm
Jan 8, 2018
138 posts
138 upvotes

[Home Depot] Ryobi 18V Drill + Impact Driver - $88 Starting Apr 12

Seems a great deal. I'm not certain but it might be the lowest price ever. You get a drill, impact driver, 2 batteries, and a carrying case. Note the price goes live on April 12
292 replies
Deal Fanatic
Mar 4, 2006
6502 posts
2550 upvotes
Calgary
dont buy it for the batteries, they are the P102 which are notorious for high failure rates,
Deal Expert
Feb 11, 2007
21245 posts
25711 upvotes
GTA
miksterz1 wrote: Seems a great deal. I'm not certain but it might be the lowest price ever. You get a drill, impact driver, 2 batteries, and a carrying case. Note the price goes live on April 12
I have the drill and another set of M12 drill/driver, but may get this for a backup set.
If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.
Aug 31, 2013
79 posts
77 upvotes
Victoria, BC
I have the M12 impact 1000 in/lbs. Great for interior stuff. This has a supposed 1600 in/lbs... worth it for more outside summer work? Already have the brad nailer and HC battery.
Deal Addict
Feb 10, 2006
1905 posts
894 upvotes
GTA
$88 is a great deal for a 18V drill+driver kit.
I'd buy this if I didn't already own a kit already.
Temp. Banned
Apr 13, 2016
747 posts
491 upvotes
Damn, I bought the Rigid Deal a while ago... hopefully the Rigid one is better quality. Came with two extra, larger capacity batteries too.
[Inappropriate signature]
Deal Addict
Feb 15, 2009
1661 posts
511 upvotes
Have the older version of this pack (one battery no bag). Anyone know what is improved with the newer versions?

I have these two drills, another drill with multi-tool pack, and a impact wrench. Love them all and have had no issue with them. It's even sweeter that I probably only spent a total of $125 as I bought them all on sales like these. Only issue is that my contractor friends have no respect for them.
Deal Addict
Feb 15, 2009
1661 posts
511 upvotes
snipzy wrote: Damn, I bought the Rigid Deal a while ago... hopefully the Rigid one is better quality. Came with two extra, larger capacity batteries too.
Rigid pretty much has lifetime warranty, or so I heard.
Deal Addict
Dec 17, 2013
1510 posts
994 upvotes
CALGARY
This or the RIDGID set which costed $105 after returning the extra batteries?
Apr 3, 2010
581 posts
845 upvotes
The Ridgid set is $115 including tax in Ontario, after returning the extra batteries. So $16 more in total, compared to the Ryobi. The Ridgid is worth the extra 16 bucks. I bought a set myself. Better in every respect, and with a lifetime warranty. The Ryobi is 3 years. Ridgid deal expires today.
Deal Addict
Jul 29, 2014
1505 posts
1104 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Have the Ryobi drill. Fine for around the house DIY stuff.

Looking for opinions on the impact drill for use of removing lug nuts for swapping summer/winter tires.

Ridgid is no good for me since no near a Home Depot today but driving past one on the weekend so could get the Ryobi.
-------------
GRAMMAR: The difference between "Feeling you're nuts." and "Feeling your nuts."
English is a difficult language. It can be understood through tough thorough thought though.
Deal Expert
Feb 11, 2007
21245 posts
25711 upvotes
GTA
treasureseeker3 wrote: Have the Ryobi drill. Fine for around the house DIY stuff.

Looking for opinions on the impact drill for use of removing lug nuts for swapping summer/winter tires.

Ridgid is no good for me since no near a Home Depot today but driving past one on the weekend so could get the Ryobi.
It probably won't be able to remove your lugs unless you pre-loosen them. That's what I do, then use the drill to remove the lugs, put them back on, then use torque wrench to tighten.
If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.
Feb 7, 2017
820 posts
511 upvotes
Would this be a good deal for someone who rarely uses it once every 1-2 years? I am thinking of getting this to go with the Ryobi tire inflator.

Would the batteries die if they are not used?
Feb 23, 2010
504 posts
236 upvotes
EDMONTON
treasureseeker3 wrote: Have the Ryobi drill. Fine for around the house DIY stuff.

Wrong tool for lug nuts. Need an impact WRENCH for that.

You could loosen the lug with a breaker bar (~$15) and then use the impact to unscrew the lug just to save a bit of time, but the impact DRIVER won't break the lugs loose.
Mar 7, 2011
997 posts
1013 upvotes

I have this set and it is capable of loosing my lugs which are torqued to 100ftlb. If they are any tighter you probably will need to preloosen them. Just my $0.02
Jan 4, 2013
621 posts
239 upvotes
tatung wrote: Have the older version of this pack (one battery no bag). Anyone know what is improved with the newer versions?

I have these two drills, another drill with multi-tool pack, and a impact wrench. Love them all and have had no issue with them. It's even sweeter that I probably only spent a total of $125 as I bought them all on sales like these. Only issue is that my contractor friends have no respect for them.
Generally new models will be a bit more powerful, like someone said here this has 1600 in/lbs driving so your model is probably a bit less unless you technically have the same model number drill but who knows maybe its just an extra battery? Are you using them for home use or contracting? Your contractor friends probably have tools with better quality parts so theirs will probably last longer for their uses, I would never use these on a job site where I am trying to make money but around the house? Hell for $88, if your gonna do some drilling and driving a deck or something, these are plenty good enough.
Deal Expert
May 30, 2005
49008 posts
10301 upvotes
Richmond Hill
I currently have a lightweight 20V B&D drill that is surprisingly good enough for stuff around the home, but I would like an impact driver for the wood shop I'm building out. The good thing about the B&D was that it shares batteries with my blower and trimmer.

Is this kit worth it? I was thinking I would splurge on a good brushless impact driver or drill/driver set when a good deal comes up. With proprietary battery systems, I'm trying to make conscious decisions on which brands I buy...
Tons of things for sale!
Silver Coins and Numismatics | Heatware
Deal Fanatic
May 4, 2014
5217 posts
7141 upvotes
Toronto, ON

r22yu wrote: Wrong tool for lug nuts. Need an impact WRENCH for that.

You could loosen the lug with a breaker bar (~$15) and then use the impact to unscrew the lug just to save a bit of time, but the impact DRIVER won't break the lugs loose.
Like the others said, impact driver is the wrong tool for this. The torque spec for lug nuts on a regular passenger car is right around the maximum torque rating on the driver, and less after you add on the necessary adapters.

I have tried this exact tool on 80ftlb lug nuts with a hex to 1/2" adapter, and you have to leave it to hammer more than 15-20s to break those loose. I can get it off by hand in half that time. It also wobbles more with the adapter so it could scratch your rims if you care about that.
Sep 25, 2016
181 posts
351 upvotes
Same for me. I'll add the tire inflator.
Jan 8, 2018
138 posts
138 upvotes
Jon Lai wrote: I currently have a lightweight 20V B&D drill that is surprisingly good enough for stuff around the home, but I would like an impact driver for the wood shop I'm building out. The good thing about the B&D was that it shares batteries with my blower and trimmer.

Is this kit worth it? I was thinking I would splurge on a good brushless impact driver or drill/driver set when a good deal comes up. With proprietary battery systems, I'm trying to make conscious decisions on which brands I buy...
In my opinion, this is definitely worth it for any non-pro that isn't already deeply invested in a different line of products. Ryobi has tons of other very nice tools that go on sale often.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)