Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Home Depot

RYOBI 18V ONE+ Lithium-Ion Cordless 3-Speed 1/2 inch Impact Wrench Kit

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 14th, 2020 11:43 pm
Deal Addict
Jun 5, 2004
1861 posts
145 upvotes
If I only change tires twice a year how long before brushes need replacing? Deciding between this and the ridgid-18v-gen5x-brushless-4-mode-impact-wrench for about $40 more.
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2018
1515 posts
2810 upvotes
Winnipeg
excel wrote: If I only change tires twice a year how long before brushes need replacing? Deciding between this and the ridgid-18v-gen5x-brushless-4-mode-impact-wrench for about $40 more.
The brushes will probably never need replacing. I'm probably imagining the benefits of brushless. But the Ridgid does bring extra torque, and the LSA; these are tangible benefits, so it is still absolutely worth the extra money.

The only compelling reason to get the Ryobi is that you already have heaps of Ryobi, but you desperately need the extra battery from the Ryobi kit.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 2, 2005
5355 posts
2721 upvotes
WFH
excel wrote: If I only change tires twice a year how long before brushes need replacing? Deciding between this and the ridgid-18v-gen5x-brushless-4-mode-impact-wrench for about $40 more.
The brushes are probably not replaceable but the good news is, that at your use rate, they will outlast you. The bad news is the batteries will fail long before the tool which may make the LSA on the Ridgid very attractive.
Deal Guru
Jan 6, 2005
12251 posts
3582 upvotes
Damnit, I do not want or need to buy one of these impact wrenches... neither one really but I sure am tempted... I mean, honestly in my 40+ years, I only needed an impact wrench with enough torque to remove lugs once, last year when I had to remove a trailer tire, and couldn't get it to break free.
The first rule of RFD is, you do not talk about RFD.

The second rule of RFD is, you DO NOT talk about RFD.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 18, 2008
9291 posts
2352 upvotes
Mont-Royal
ffonly wrote: That's awesome! Thanks for this. I have one that's been collecting dust ever since I got the ryobi. Nice to get my money back on something I'll prob never use again
Is it cord or cordless for the recall?
"Every marathon you run, your heart scars and you will die faster. If you think running a marathon is fitness, then you know NOTHING ABOUT HEALTH & FITNESS."
- Training 101
Deal Fanatic
Jul 26, 2005
6292 posts
38091 upvotes
Montreal
Any advantage of this over an impact with 1/4” hex nut adapter? I already have 2 Ryobi impacts drivers that I was going to use for tire changes with a 1/4” to 1/2” impact adapter.

I guess this reduces the chance of failure since i don’t need the adapter.
Deal Addict
Sep 1, 2007
2909 posts
2565 upvotes
Surrey
L4cky wrote: Is it cord or cordless for the recall?
I believe it's corded. Mine is. I just haven't looked at the product number on mine yet
Dec 12, 2007
267 posts
376 upvotes
saint john
L4cky wrote: Is it cord or cordless for the recall?
That is the corded one.
Dec 12, 2007
267 posts
376 upvotes
saint john
krazykanuck wrote: Any advantage of this over an impact with 1/4” hex nut adapter? I already have 2 Ryobi impacts drivers that I was going to use for tire changes with a 1/4” to 1/2” impact adapter.

If only light duty and for compact to mid size cars, you may think about the Ryobi 3/8 impact wrench. I posted the deal link now from HomeDepot.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 4, 2006
6502 posts
2550 upvotes
Calgary
krazykanuck wrote: Any advantage of this over an impact with 1/4” hex nut adapter? I already have 2 Ryobi impacts drivers that I was going to use for tire changes with a 1/4” to 1/2” impact adapter.

an impact driver and impact wrench have completely different purposes..
Deal Addict
Jun 4, 2004
1387 posts
1254 upvotes
Mississauga
T3rry wrote: i do a lot of work on cars, i co-run a grassroots racing team we own and maintain 17+ cars on a regular basis, i have used my ryobi for everything and the only thing that it couldn't do was a CV axle nut, i am sure the extra 100 lbs from the new version will alleviate that.

But like i said, it'll be great for 95% of people in the ryobi ecosystem, which is a consumer grade line, not an automotive workshop... if you're doing that kind of work you're likely not using ryobi
Speaking from personal experience, I don't think so. If you have a racing team, the cars are likely well maintained. I recently had to change the rear differential oil on a 2012 Subaru Impreza with 300,000 kms that was probably never changed, and believe it or not I had to use the highest setting on my Dewalt DCF899HP2 with 1200 ft/lb of breaking torque just to undo the rust-encrusted fill and drain plugs! Mind you that's with a long extension and universal joint in the mix, so you lose some power, but that's part of my point.
Mar 29, 2019
608 posts
782 upvotes
FFWD wrote: Speaking from personal experience, I don't think so. If you have a racing team, the cars are likely well maintained. I recently had to change the rear differential oil on a 2012 Subaru Impreza with 300,000 kms that was probably never changed, and believe it or not I had to use the highest setting on my Dewalt DCF899HP2 with 1200 ft/lb of breaking torque just to undo the rust-encrusted fill and drain plugs! Mind you that's with a long extension and universal joint in the mix, so you lose some power, but that's part of my point.
Look up “Breaker bar” :)
Deal Addict
Jul 11, 2006
2086 posts
773 upvotes
Toronto
OneAndTrueHeir wrote: Brushless sealed the deal for me. In this day and age, I see no need to get brushed tools at all when the much better long term option is only slightly more expensive.

If Ryobi/HD sold the equivalent brushless wrench in Canada I probably would have got that instead, but it isn't on the market here yet. I suspect they are clearing out this old model to make room......
"Auto-Stop Mode to help prevent over-tightening and damaging projects"

Does that mean you can set a specific torque value for things like wheel nuts? Or does it just stop at a certain pre-determined point.
Deal Expert
Feb 11, 2007
21245 posts
25711 upvotes
GTA
ahoo99 wrote: If only light duty and for compact to mid size cars, you may think about the Ryobi 3/8 impact wrench. I posted the deal link now from HomeDepot.
Each adapter/connection/extension you add reduces the torque transmitted to the nut.
oldmanlogan wrote: Look up “Breaker bar” :)
Don't underestimate the impact feature. I couldn't take off my diff plug with a 2ft breaker bar and at least 200lbs of effort, so 400ft-lbs. I then hit it with an impact good for 200ft-lbs and it came off easily.
If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 26, 2005
6292 posts
38091 upvotes
Montreal
T3rry wrote: an impact driver and impact wrench have completely different purposes..
That's what I figured and went ahead to order this to be able to safely remove + tighten the lugs. The video I posted earlier ends with the guy saying that the 1/2" Impact wrench was the one that tighten the lugs the tightest.
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2018
1515 posts
2810 upvotes
Winnipeg
dassub wrote: "Auto-Stop Mode to help prevent over-tightening and damaging projects"

Does that mean you can set a specific torque value for things like wheel nuts? Or does it just stop at a certain pre-determined point.
No, it won't tighten to a specific torque, you need a torque wrench for that. But you can put a bolt on, start tightening in auto mode, and it will stop at around 20-40 ft.lb rather than fully tightening it. Very handy for just quickly setting the bolt/tire/part in place, then allowing you to go back and finish it off.
Deal Expert
Jun 12, 2007
20805 posts
6622 upvotes
London

A lot of people complain that the adapter will eventually shear off
amazon-ca-milwaukee-3pc-socket-adapter- ... f-2301537/
Deal Expert
Jun 12, 2007
20805 posts
6622 upvotes
London
FFWD wrote: Speaking from personal experience, I don't think so. If you have a racing team, the cars are likely well maintained. I recently had to change the rear differential oil on a 2012 Subaru Impreza with 300,000 kms that was probably never changed, and believe it or not I had to use the highest setting on my Dewalt DCF899HP2 with 1200 ft/lb of breaking torque ..
From what I’ve been told, avoid using an impact gun on those frozen Subaru differential plugs cause it will just round out the plug. Get the proper square socket and use a breaker bar along with a few heat/ freeze it cycles
Jul 16, 2006
508 posts
182 upvotes
Toronto
ahoo99 wrote: what is that? If it is the maximum digital one (product number 54-1265), go to CTC get refunded, I just took my seven year old one back last week and got $88 refund.

There is a safety recall for it and CTC confirms safety recall never expires. Here is the recall by HealthCanada, I just found out last week.
Was the receipt required? I have one of these...but the receipt is loooong gone.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)