• Last Updated:
  • Nov 16th, 2017 10:08 pm
[OP]
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
40919 posts
9841 upvotes

[Home Depot] Ryobi ONE+ 18-Volt Power Inflator (Tool-Only) $29.98

I have the bigger one and it's heaven-sent if you already have other ONE+ tools and batteries lying around. It's around $25 USD so it's one of those rare times we are getting a better price compared to the States.

https://www.homedepot.ca/en/home/p.one- ... 02835.html

Overview Model # P737 Store SKU # 1001002835

This 18V ONE+™ Power Inflator is perfect for tires and small inflatables ranging from 0-150 PSI, and its cordless convenience allows you to use in the tool in virtually any location. This Power Inflator is sold as a bare tool, allowing you to build on your ONE+™ collection without spending additional money on batteries and chargers, but best of all, like every Ryobi 18V ONE+™ blue or green tool, this Power Inflator works with any 18V ONE+™ battery. Upgrade to lithium-ion or LITHIUM+ batteries for lighter weight and better performance.

• High pressure inflation of 0-150 PSI for tires and small inflatables
  • Cordless convenience for use in virtually any location
  • Pistol grip handles design with GripZone™ Overmold for optimum grip and user comfort
  • 20-inch hose with onboard storage clip
  • 2-inch Easy-View pressure gauge for a quick reading
  • Convenient accessory compartment for needle and nozzle accessories
34 replies
Deal Addict
Feb 7, 2005
1060 posts
176 upvotes
Toronto
This looks interesting. I'm using one of those cigarette lighter plug in versions but it is really slow to fill tires. Hopefully this works better.

Any deals on the batteries?

How long do the batteries last before they need to be replaced?
=============
Heatware
[OP]
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
40919 posts
9841 upvotes
For the bigger unit that's listed at $70 ($40 in the States), battery lasts for a while. I would say at least 12 cars doable if going from 28 to 34 PSI.

I have three cars and going through them doesn't deplete my 18+ battery that much -- there is a capacity indicator from 1 to 4 bars I believe.

Not sure about deals on batteries but if you need any power tool, sometimes it's cheaper to buy the set that comes with a battery and charger than just buying a $40+ battery.

I have the 12V inflator and it has been sitting on the garage shelf but will leave it in the trunk for emergencies as batteries don't like the cold.
Deal Addict
Aug 3, 2005
1359 posts
429 upvotes
I've researched both the Ryobi P737 and P731.

The Ryobi P731 is very slow to inflate car tires. It is more suitable for bicycle tires and sports equipment and inflatable toys.

The Ryobi P737 is faster than the P731 to inflate car tires but still slow compared to an air compressor.

Originally, I was going to buy the P737 but after researching it, I decided to stick with my air compressor. I have a cheap 8 gallon Husky compressor that I bought from home depot for $99 and I can inflate car tires in 30 seconds or less for each tire. I know that my air compressor is not portable but if my car tire is low on air, it means that there is a puncture so even having a portable compressor won't help me. And if I have a slow leak due to temperature changes, I can still drive the car to the local gas station to fill up the tire.

For me, the Ryobi P731 is not useful enough to spend the $30+tax.
I'll Keep It Short and Sweet. Family, Religion, Friendship ... These Are the Three Demons You Must Slay if You Wish to Succeed in Business
Deal Addict
Dec 23, 2008
3216 posts
473 upvotes
Ottawa
Yes, yesterday I found this price at HD, I want to do PA, but I found I bought it over 3 months already:(
Jul 14, 2012
67 posts
64 upvotes
sonyHdr12 wrote:
Nov 9th, 2017 8:58 am
Yes, yesterday I found this price at HD, I want to do PA, but I found I bought it over 3 months already:(
Buy the new one at the current price then return it, unused, with the old receipt?
Deal Addict
Apr 2, 2008
1112 posts
209 upvotes
GTA
Aliac9000 wrote:
Nov 9th, 2017 9:07 am
Buy the new one at the current price then return it, unused, with the old receipt?
Can't believe people cheating on good policies.
- - - - -
[OP]
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
40919 posts
9841 upvotes
kennyt18 wrote:
Nov 9th, 2017 8:54 am
I've researched both the Ryobi P737 and P731.

The Ryobi P731 is very slow to inflate car tires. It is more suitable for bicycle tires and sports equipment and inflatable toys.

The Ryobi P737 is faster than the P731 to inflate car tires but still slow compared to an air compressor.

Originally, I was going to buy the P737 but after researching it, I decided to stick with my air compressor. I have a cheap 8 gallon Husky compressor that I bought from home depot for $99 and I can inflate car tires in 30 seconds or less for each tire. I know that my air compressor is not portable but if my car tire is low on air, it means that there is a puncture so even having a portable compressor won't help me. And if I have a slow leak due to temperature changes, I can still drive the car to the local gas station to fill up the tire.

For me, the Ryobi P731 is not useful enough to spend the $30+tax.
Thanks for sharing your experience.

I think it's best to check the reviews out as sometimes people will ask for the moon and stars and many times, many reviews are coming from too high an expectation or user errors. Usually, people who diligent check their tire pressure will only have to top up 5 PSI at the most due to temperature changes. If the seal is leaking, might as well change the rim or the tire. My cars all don't have the fancy TPMS where it shows each tire's pressure so I just check them from time to time and when temperature is dropping because the PSI will decrease as a result.

The P737 has a built-in gauge but I find it overestimates the PSI by 2.5. I still use a regular tire gauge to check each tire's pressure.

I don't have room in my two car garage, I use a 14" lawn mower and snow blower. As much as I'd love to get an air compressor, it just adds another procedure for something so simple as putting air in my tires. 12V is nice but I have to unplug it to use on the other side as I don't like putting the inflator on the seat as it's kinda dirty and I don't want to scratch and bang up my car interiors.

I would leave a 12V inflator in the car along with a patch kit because these batteries will not have the charge/capacity if left out in the cold for a long time.
Deal Addict
Dec 23, 2008
3216 posts
473 upvotes
Ottawa
Thanks, the return policy is 90days.
Aliac9000 wrote: Buy the new one at the current price then return it, unused, with the old receipt?
Deal Addict
Dec 23, 2008
3216 posts
473 upvotes
Ottawa
Aliac9000 wrote: Buy the new one at the current price then return it, unused, with the old receipt?
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2011
1915 posts
628 upvotes
Victoria, BC
I am hoping the Ridgid one comes to Canada soon. I only have the smaller 1.5 ah Ryobi batteries for my trimmer etc... but I have lots of Ridgid tools and beefy batteries. The output of the Ridgid is much higher, but of course, the price is too.
Please don't ask or beg for "thanks". Don't act like this is Facebook. If someone found your post helpful, let them decide if they want to make that click. The more you beg, the less you'll get. Cheers
Dec 27, 2016
50 posts
14 upvotes
Thanks OP. Another tool to the collection. This will be handy at the MX track.
Jun 8, 2008
464 posts
42 upvotes
I bought this one and returned it because for double the price, you can get one that does both high pressure and high volume, as well as has an auto-set pressure so you don't have to hold the trigger the hold time.
Jun 24, 2012
52 posts
4 upvotes
TORONTO
Would this work on a presta valve?
Oct 15, 2015
30 posts
8 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Richhy wrote:
Nov 9th, 2017 3:58 pm
Would this work on a presta valve?