Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

Home Depot - Save the TAX Saturday... 13% off (PM to RONA)

• Last Updated:
  • May 29th, 2016 12:05 am
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Mar 21, 2008
1830 posts
673 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario

Home Depot - Save the TAX Saturday... 13% off (PM to RONA)

This Saturday Rona has a save the tax (Minimum $100 spend seems to be the only condition...)

This should only really be 11.5% however I PM'd Lowes save the tax event several times at Home Depot last week and they did 13% off every time

SATURDAY ONLY!!!

Put together that shopping list now =)

enjoy!
67 replies
Deal Fanatic
Sep 29, 2003
6103 posts
6790 upvotes
Caledonia, ON
I....can't....stop....spending....money.....
Oct 11, 2011
99 posts
43 upvotes
MARKHAM
priceman wrote: This Saturday Rona has a save the tax (Minimum $100 spend seems to be the only condition...)

This should only really be 11.5% however I PM'd Lowes save the tax event several times at Home Depot last week and they did 13% off every time

SATURDAY ONLY!!!

Put together that shopping list now =)

enjoy!
Did HD pm all the items or just the items that HD and Rona both had
Deal Fanatic
Apr 8, 2010
5621 posts
1552 upvotes
Toronto
and whats on everyones shopping list? any amazing deals that can be even more amazing? haha
Deal Addict
Mar 21, 2008
1830 posts
673 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
shuang1 wrote: Did HD pm all the items or just the items that HD and Rona both had
they didn't care... just gave the discount on the total
Deal Addict
Mar 21, 2008
1830 posts
673 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
Justfishing wrote: Isn't rona 15% off on saturday?
I was told by a salesperson it was 15% off but they flyer says save the tax
Deal Addict
Mar 21, 2008
1830 posts
673 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
Gotoff wrote: and whats on everyones shopping list? any amazing deals that can be even more amazing? haha
Ha! I do lots of renovations so I always need stuff... nothing in particular
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2009
1485 posts
566 upvotes
priceman wrote: I was told by a salesperson it was 15% off but they flyer says save the tax
Was hoping to get that 15% off. Guess my plan for a Weber will have to be executed on another weekend.
If my sanity has to go, it is my job to keep its absence to myself. :D
Deal Fanatic
Sep 29, 2003
6103 posts
6790 upvotes
Caledonia, ON
shuang1 wrote: Did HD pm all the items or just the items that HD and Rona both had
how many times do you all think that this question is going to be asked in this thread?
Deal Addict
Mar 21, 2008
1830 posts
673 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
beeknight wrote: Was hoping to get that 15% off. Guess my plan for a Weber will have to be executed on another weekend.
2% ? I'd rather have that bbq steak now rather then wait =P
Jun 9, 2015
891 posts
974 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I called three HD locations, none of them would give the discount unless Lowes had the same product.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 29, 2003
6103 posts
6790 upvotes
Caledonia, ON
Lampsy wrote: I called three HD locations, none of them would give the discount unless Lowes had the same product.
I have always found this type of price matching ("% off match") works very well at both my local Lowes and 3 local Home Depots locations. As with everything, YMMV.

I have never ever had an issue and I have done this many many times. In fact, I price matched save the tax at Home Depot last week 3 times. I find it strange that you had an issue at 3 locations. I have even used a promo like this on $1200 snowblowers with zero issues.

Instead of calling (because hey customer service people are always rushed doing returns, pulling online orders answering phones etc.), I would bring the Lowes flyer, get this item(s) that I want to purchase in my cart. Go to the checkout and attempt the match that way. If they say no (which I honestly can't see happening), I would escalate it to the store manager. You should be successful. As I said, I've never had to speak to a manager regarding my price matching request. It's always smooth sailing at all my local depots
Banned
Apr 22, 2015
884 posts
106 upvotes
Ontario, Canada
Is it easy to do PM?
English is not my first language, please bear with me
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2009
1485 posts
566 upvotes
priceman wrote: 2% ? I'd rather have that bbq steak now rather then wait =P
More than that. :) I read in another thread that ppl were able to have HD price BEAT Rona's 15% off promo by an extra 10%. I think it will be harder to pull off with a "Save the Tax" sale, so will wait a bit longer.

home-depot-weber-genesis-s-330ng-975-ym ... st26036399
If my sanity has to go, it is my job to keep its absence to myself. :D
Apr 2, 2008
703 posts
364 upvotes
Lampsy wrote: I called three HD locations, none of them would give the discount unless Lowes had the same product.
If you call, people will think about price match with additional 10% only. Go to their store and show the flyer, you should be able to do price match
Save a lot but end up spending more :confused:
Deal Addict
Mar 21, 2008
1830 posts
673 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
beeknight wrote: More than that. :) I read in another thread that ppl were able to have HD price BEAT Rona's 15% off promo by an extra 10%. I think it will be harder to pull off with a "Save the Tax" sale, so will wait a bit longer.

home-depot-weber-genesis-s-330ng-975-ym ... st26036399
really? ok good call... I have never been successful with that... but worth a go...
Deal Guru
Oct 24, 2012
11641 posts
2620 upvotes
Montreal
bluewish wrote: If you call, people will think about price match with additional 10% only. Go to their store and show the flyer, you should be able to do price match
Ya I've done it at least 3 times.

Buy item that's lower priced at Rona or whatever, even if it's just a few cents.
Get them to price match + 10% off (Price match policy)
Then get them to take 15% off the whole receipt with all my purchases because of the 15% weekends at Rona and Reno-Depot.
Deal Addict
Dec 21, 2010
1864 posts
1170 upvotes
GTA
Would this be a good time to buy lumber from them (this might be a stupid question). Since we are rebuilding our deck, we'll obviously need the lumber but not sure if HD would be "the place" to go... or not!
Award Winning Realtor - I LOVE MY JOB!!
At the end of the day, you're the boss and need to make sure I'm worth your rate of pay!
Apr 13, 2015
385 posts
534 upvotes
Alberta
priceman wrote: 2% ? I'd rather have that bbq steak now rather then wait =P
Tax in AB is only 5%
So not much in savings there

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)