Expired Hot Deals

[Home Depot] Schlage Sense 198$ (PM @ Reno for 168$)

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 1st, 2017 8:48 am
Jan 27, 2013
792 posts
748 upvotes
These useful theads get hijacked by trolls who have nothing better to do. Have these people with the shoulder surfing comments probably don't even own a home. Thanks for the deal OP, stop wasting your time, this is a great deal!
Deal Expert
Dec 1, 2003
20577 posts
2850 upvotes
YUL
jnharvey wrote:
Nov 30th, 2017 1:24 pm
Losing a key is a vulnerability too, so both have ... But if someone enter with your key, you wont notice until you came back home. If someone open the door with my code, I'll get a notification on my phone. I prefer my vulnerability over yours ...
Exactly. Plus, if someone REALLY want to get into your house, they'll get in by breaking a window or crow bar to the door. Nothing is ever 100% safe. These key pad locks are great. Don't have to worry about giving keys to anyone, etc.
Jan 27, 2013
792 posts
748 upvotes
najibs wrote:
Nov 30th, 2017 1:26 pm
So why are you in this thread threadcrapping? If you don't want the product, then get out!
Agreed 100%, I shoulder surfed him and looked into his thread history, alot of negative comments. We should find him a deal on anti depressants
Deal Addict
Jan 2, 2012
2955 posts
1751 upvotes
KINGSTON,ON
najibs wrote:
Nov 30th, 2017 1:28 pm
Exactly. Plus, if someone REALLY want to get into your house, they'll get in by breaking a window or crow bar to the door. Nothing is ever 100% safe. These key pad locks are great. Don't have to worry about giving keys to anyone, etc.
Locks are to keep honest people out.
Most front doors and jams on private homes are so flimsy you don't even need tools to get them open.
Deal Expert
Dec 1, 2003
20577 posts
2850 upvotes
YUL
MrFrugal1 wrote:
Nov 30th, 2017 1:45 pm
Locks are to keep honest people out.
Most front doors and jams on private homes are so flimsy you don't even need tools to get them open.
Agreed, and are a deterrent to quick stealing. Like I said, if someone REALLY wants to get in your house, they'll get in.

I have a Schlage Z-wave on my front door and am now looking to pick one up for my garage door. I need a wink hub too....so many gadgets!
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
30058 posts
15891 upvotes
Ottawa
DARSHAKJUST4U wrote:
Nov 30th, 2017 2:23 pm
These are perfect example of threadcrapping. nothing related to the product!

Also, my point is by installing this lock vs any other lock, you are also bringing in a security hole! Your choice if you accept the risk or not, but i was making ppl aware of the issue.
There's always going to be some dogs that bark a lot, but the comments also help smarter ones to make secure choices.
Otherwise, you can always be dumb and argue about anyone can break the door, anyone can do this and all dumb stuff. But are unable to concur that this product will add an extra issue which was not there!
You fail to show any meaninful stats!
Break-ins are mostly via brute force, a window or unlocked door!
Jan 26, 2014
217 posts
232 upvotes
He has a point. This does add a new way to circumvent a door lock. (sure... it does remove others though... but lets ignore that)

Here was another post from when windows were invented...

"By installing windows with glass vs wood, you are bringing in security hole. Can easily use this method to get into house."

Sep 17, 2007
650 posts
433 upvotes
Toronto
rtsam77 wrote:
Nov 30th, 2017 2:38 pm
He has a point. This does add a new way to circumvent a door lock. (sure... it does remove others though... but lets ignore that)

Here was another post from when windows were invented...

"By installing windows with glass vs wood, you are bringing in security hole. Can easily use this method to get into house."

lol. or you can order a smart lock that scrambles the pin code and get rid of the issue!

and you are 100 % right, installing glass doors makes it easier and more appealing to break in, rather than wooden windows. is that a news? But people later found out that they're getting robbed more frequently and thus discovered home monitoring systems. Kinnda like buying this lock, finding out everyone who comes along with you knows ur pin, and then setting up notifications to know who opened the door!
Deal Addict
Jan 2, 2012
2955 posts
1751 upvotes
KINGSTON,ON
DARSHAKJUST4U wrote:
Nov 30th, 2017 5:03 pm
lol. or you can order a smart lock that scrambles the pin code and get rid of the issue!

and you are 100 % right, installing glass doors makes it easier and more appealing to break in, rather than wooden windows. is that a news? But people later found out that they're getting robbed more frequently and thus discovered home monitoring systems. Kinnda like buying this lock, finding out everyone who comes along with you knows ur pin, and then setting up notifications to know who opened the door!
OK everybody, let's just back away slowly...
Sep 9, 2013
571 posts
316 upvotes
Ottawa
So um is this the best smart lock to buy?
[OP]
Dec 15, 2011
177 posts
111 upvotes
Quebec
DARSHAKJUST4U wrote:
Nov 30th, 2017 2:23 pm
These are perfect example of threadcrapping. nothing related to the product!

Also, my point is by installing this lock vs any other lock, you are also bringing in a security hole! Your choice if you accept the risk or not, but i was making ppl aware of the issue.
There's always going to be some dogs that bark a lot, but the comments also help smarter ones to make secure choices.
Otherwise, you can always be dumb and argue about anyone can break the door, anyone can do this and all dumb stuff. But are unable to concur that this product will add an extra issue which was not there!
As I said, with you classic lock, you won't be notice that someone has open the door, so that's a security hole.