Hot Deals

[Home Depot] Scotts Turf Builder (ez seed $20 YMMV - Markham, Woodbine/Hwy 7)

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 12th, 2017 10:56 pm
Deal Addict
Oct 23, 2008
4907 posts
960 upvotes
Toronto (Markham)
You should also put the location in the title when you put YMMV
Tis banana is IRIE :razz:

10% off is cold, 50% off is warm, 75% off is hot, but FREE IS RFD!
Deal Addict
Oct 23, 2008
4907 posts
960 upvotes
Toronto (Markham)
You should put the location in the title when you put YMMV.

Good thing is though, this location is close to me. :)
Tis banana is IRIE :razz:

10% off is cold, 50% off is warm, 75% off is hot, but FREE IS RFD!
[OP]
Nov 23, 2015
5 posts
11 upvotes
Markham
chimaican wrote:
Aug 4th, 2017 1:10 pm
You should put the location in the title when you put YMMV.

Good thing is though, this location is close to me. :)
@chimaican
Thanks for the tip! I've edited the title to include your suggestion.
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2004
1927 posts
304 upvotes
They still have a bunch left at the rexdale location this morning. I just picked up 2.

Thee sign says $24, but the cashier in the gardening section knew they were $20 and punched them in as such.

Thanks for the headsup OP, I resodded my entire backyard a month and a bit ago and everything looks awesome except for some parts where the raccoons kept digging for grubs. I've been waiting for turf builder to go on sale since it's so simple to use for spot fixing (but expensive).
Deal Expert
Dec 26, 2005
15025 posts
1066 upvotes
Thornhill
Confirmed at same location. Richmond Hill high t ch rd doesn't seem to have any though.
i-o_o-i wrote:
Aug 3rd, 2017 4:30 pm
Not sure which is better (they seem to be comparable in price at Home Depot), but the coated Turf Builder is $29.97 at Costco (Woodbine/Hwy 7)
I've used both - the 2x one sprouted quite quick, but seems to be much more expensive. I've used Ez seed a few seasons ago and that grass is still doing well.

bjl
What we do in life echoes in Eternity... and in Google cache.
RFD discounts for Schluter products
Deal Addict
Jul 29, 2006
3379 posts
355 upvotes
picked up 2 @ pickering location for $20 after showing receipt.
Deal Addict
May 25, 2011
1129 posts
469 upvotes
SAINT JOHN
CensoredByRFD wrote:
Aug 4th, 2017 1:34 pm
They still have a bunch left at the rexdale location this morning. I just picked up 2.

Thee sign says $24, but the cashier in the gardening section knew they were $20 and punched them in as such.

Thanks for the headsup OP, I resodded my entire backyard a month and a bit ago and everything looks awesome except for some parts where the raccoons kept digging for grubs. I've been waiting for turf builder to go on sale since it's so simple to use for spot fixing (but expensive).
If you cut your grass high this time of year, then overseed thin (not patchy ie. 2 hands side by side or larger) I have found it helps with the seeds losing less moisture as the taller blades of grass shade the seedlings. That's just my experience. My front lawn is thick enough to lose a paperclip in. My backyard however needs work. It is like 60/40 grass/weeds so will be hand pulling slowly as I keep reseeding to thicken the lawn as I have an ant problem, thinning of grass, patchy areas, and crab grass to contend to. If you keep your lawn healthy you should see a lot of earth worms on it at night. I was reading something like 7 earthworms per square foot if a healthy lawn.

Once you get the grass going (this is my experience in the front lawn here) I only apply a thin amount of fertilizer then add extra organic material like crushed egg shells, tea leaves from tea bags, coffee grinds, and compost when I have some and I find the worms love it and I do next to no work other then mowing the lawn. Just save all your egg shells by your stove top. As they dry use something like...well I use a potato masher to crush the egg shells down then when I get a big tall carnation hot chocolate container full of shells I then scatter them around the lawn. Normally it takes a few months to fill up a carnation tall container. You can also go to your local McD's/Star*ucks/Timmies or local java joint and ask for thier used grinds. Take home, lay out a tarp or clear garbage bag then lay the grinds down on a hot sunny day. Should be dry within the hour with 3-4 stirrings inbetween. Gentlely sprinkle it around the lawn/garden and let the worms to the rest.

By keeping the worms happy they do a lot of the hardwork for you. Such as the nightcrawlers can burrow down to 2 meters (6ft) when it is really dry and when they come up to the surface to eat the grass clippings thier castings (their body waste) helps fertilize the lawn. A earthworm can eat thier own body weight in food per day. IIRC what I read was earth worms can produce like 600lbs of fertilizer per 400sq ft I think. They do the hardwork of aerating (IIRC costs like $50 to rent the machine and if you get someone to do it is something like $100 last I checked IIRC) the lawn saving you that cost and using less fertilizer as well.

http://worms.a1sites.com/worm_facts.html
...Location: GTA North

If this post has helped you please click the 'THANKS' button.

GTA Grocery Highlights (updated weekly) thread

[WTB] Looking for a Netbook for $150 or under (~$100). Please let me know if you have one for sale. Willing to part trade stuff or labour.
Apr 15, 2010
155 posts
15 upvotes
Lots left in Ajax. Rang up at the OPs sale price. Displayed price was $39. No receipt needed.
Deal Addict
May 25, 2011
1129 posts
469 upvotes
SAINT JOHN
I only bought one container of Scott's to try. IMHO pricey. For that price you can get about 2-3 bags vigro grass seed.

IIRC was about 9 containers left when I left around 17:30ish yesterday.
...Location: GTA North

If this post has helped you please click the 'THANKS' button.

GTA Grocery Highlights (updated weekly) thread

[WTB] Looking for a Netbook for $150 or under (~$100). Please let me know if you have one for sale. Willing to part trade stuff or labour.
Dec 7, 2007
138 posts
17 upvotes
Just bought 2 at the same location, the homedepot in my area refused to price match. there are still lots of left.
Apr 6, 2004
394 posts
29 upvotes
corollace wrote:
Aug 8th, 2017 10:37 pm
Just bought 2 at the same location, the homedepot in my area refused to price match. there are still lots of left.
Woodbine and 7? I didn't see any there. The shelf with the sign was empty and they only had the other sizes.
Dec 7, 2007
138 posts
17 upvotes
j8lam wrote:
Aug 8th, 2017 10:53 pm
Woodbine and 7? I didn't see any there. The shelf with the sign was empty and they only had the other sizes.
Yes, it is woodbine/hwy7 , In the garden centre right beside the cashiers and showed $20 sign.
Dec 9, 2011
153 posts
43 upvotes
Ottawa
Still some left in Kanata Home Depot, maybe 20 boxes. I picked up a couple! Sweet price considering I paid full price from Costco this spring. I can't believe how well this stuff works!!
Deal Addict
Jul 18, 2005
2637 posts
14 upvotes
416 to the 905
Marked at $20 at the Markham Kirkham drive location. Plenty left. Seems like they're clearing them out.
The Bell Plan: Unlimited: Incoming and Outgoing / Canada Wide Long Distance / Caller ID / Voicemail / 6GB Data
The Devices: OnePlus 3 64GB / iPad Mini Retina 16GB / Apple MacBook Pro 13.3'