Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Home Depot

ShelterLogic 10 ft. x 20 ft. x 8 ft. Compact Auto Shelter

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 24th, 2018 5:22 pm
Aug 22, 2005
327 posts
245 upvotes
Ontario

[Home Depot] ShelterLogic 10 ft. x 20 ft. x 8 ft. Compact Auto Shelter

I just came across an excellent, online only deal at Home Depot for a 10' x 20' ShelterLogic roundtop auto shelter for $118 plus $39 direct shipping. I have been watching prices on these for over a year and I have not seen a roundtop of this size for less than $349 (at CT). I know there are some issues with these with regards to snow, etc., but this will work great for many people.
23 replies
Deal Addict
Feb 28, 2016
1569 posts
1156 upvotes
I've got one, they're good for what they are as mentioned above. The tarp only last a few years because of the sun. Only downside here is that you have to pay $40 for shipping.
Oct 15, 2013
241 posts
127 upvotes
Quebec, Qc
I wouldn’t use them in the winter, they’re far from being safe for such use. Depending on where you live, there might also be regulations prohibiting their installation.

Price is really really good for what it is I concede, but there might be more than price that need to be considered here. Some insurance company (if not all) might not cover your civil responsibility in the event that your unsafe (not up to code) shelter injured or killed a kid playing on the street. (It happened in my neighbor)
Deal Addict
Dec 8, 2010
2564 posts
992 upvotes
Interesting, but from one of the comment replies

"This is not one of our wind and snow rated units and is designed for shelter from light snow and rain."
Deal Addict
Dec 16, 2011
3095 posts
1510 upvotes
QC, Canada
Not available anymore :/
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
27110 posts
37052 upvotes
The lack of tolerance for snow is a problem, probably why this unit sells for the price it does.
I aim to be inclusive and considerate of others in my posts. If I fall short of that mark, feel free to let me know in good faith, and where appropriate, I'll edit my posts. Thank you.
Aug 22, 2005
327 posts
245 upvotes
Ontario
redflagdealsguy wrote: The lack of tolerance for snow is a problem, probably why this unit sells for the price it does.
I think you'll find that almost all of the ShelterLogic auto shelters state that they are for temporary use only and that they are fine with snow IF you clear the snow off the roof diligently. It's only when you get to the very heavy duty ($$$$) models that they will actually be snow load rated. The roundtop models are supposed to be better with shedding snow than the peak roof versions. Anyway, I only plan on using this from spring to fall to work on my car and will take the tarp off over the winter.
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
27110 posts
37052 upvotes
Ungie wrote: I think you'll find that almost all of the ShelterLogic auto shelters state that they are for temporary use only and that they are fine with snow IF you clear the snow off the roof diligently. It's only when you get to the very heavy duty ($$$$) models that they will actually be snow load rated. The roundtop models are supposed to be better with shedding snow than the peak roof versions. Anyway, I only plan on using this from spring to fall to work on my car and will take the tarp off over the winter.
This shelter definitely has a market, but Canada being what it is, it does limit the all-year usefulness of the shelter.
I aim to be inclusive and considerate of others in my posts. If I fall short of that mark, feel free to let me know in good faith, and where appropriate, I'll edit my posts. Thank you.
Deal Expert
Oct 19, 2003
20241 posts
8367 upvotes
Toronto (Bloor West …
I've seen someone put one of these things on their driveway in front of the house in the city, it looked completely ridiculous. I bet it didn't last long before they were told to take it down.
Deal Addict
Aug 3, 2009
2287 posts
716 upvotes
Nova Scotia
My family had this shelter for a number of years in the back. It stood the test of time for about 4 years. Snow and ice eventually stretched the tarp and then began to accumulate more and before it eventually tore (it was really spring when the snow turned to ice that did it in). My family stopped clearing it off regularly as it was out of the way well behind the house but it did hold up for a few years with no maintenance.

Cleaning it off would take less than 2mins if in a convenience place and allow it to last much long. Mine is still partially standing and is where we store tires and lawn furniture to this day.
Deal Guru
Oct 6, 2007
11174 posts
9987 upvotes
Kootenays
Hard to tell from the photos. How is it secured to the ground?
Feb 28, 2002
800 posts
283 upvotes
Alberta
Up to $598.00 / each gack.
Congrats to those that got in on the deal.
Fido needs a shock collar.
Deal Addict
Jan 30, 2010
1254 posts
813 upvotes
Canada
charge wrote: Up to $598.00 / each gack.
Congrats to those that got in on the deal.
You can change the store to get the $119 price, but it is still out of stock.
Deal Addict
Jan 30, 2010
1254 posts
813 upvotes
Canada
smacd wrote: Hard to tell from the photos. How is it secured to the ground?
They usually come with some useless 10" smooth metal spikes to drive into the ground. I have 2 tarp car shelter. One I used reebar about 3 feet long driven into the ground. The other is secured to a cement pad with tapcom fasteners.
Feb 28, 2002
800 posts
283 upvotes
Alberta
zoso454 wrote: You can change the store to get the $119 price, but it is still out of stock.
I'm getting $598 everywhere and am able to order it, well, I could click on add to cart if I'd wanted to.
Fido needs a shock collar.
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2008
3341 posts
2067 upvotes
Daaang. I could use 2 of these at this price to store my equipment while working on a house reno. I hate having to bring it in and out of the house every day Im working.

If this is similar to one my father has, we put strapping along the roof to make it more solid so snow and rain slides off easier. Less chance for dips.

Not a shed for life, but great for at least 10 years if you take care of it.

Heres hoping it shows at a store for $110... I also haven't found one to show that price.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)