• Last Updated:
  • Aug 15th, 2017 9:24 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 12, 2007
1157 posts
231 upvotes

[Home Depot] Snap Blade Knife Set Home Depot - $1.16 Liquidation

I can't find these on the homedepot.ca website, but I always go by the "liquidation" section and noticed these.

They were advertised for $4.99 liquidation from $8.99, so I though at this price, I could always use 2 (large and small) and I have extra blades 18mm for the large one.

When I got to the cash they scanned in at $1.16, so I said "hold up", ran back got 3 more.

Your mileage may vary, not sure if all storage have these - these were at the St. Antoine store in Montreal, but the tools section (saws, table saws, etc)
Images
  • knife.jpg
11 replies
Deal Fanatic
Nov 18, 2008
5197 posts
726 upvotes
Mont-Royal
vodka wrote:
Aug 12th, 2017 1:42 pm
I can't find these on the homedepot.ca website, but I always go by the "liquidation" section and noticed these.

They were advertised for $4.99 liquidation from $8.99, so I though at this price, I could always use 2 (large and small) and I have extra blades 18mm for the large one.

When I got to the cash they scanned in at $1.16, so I said "hold up", ran back got 3 more.

Your mileage may vary, not sure if all storage have these - these were at the St. Antoine store in Montreal, but the tools section (saws, table saws, etc)
how many left?
"Every marathon you run, your heart scars and you will die faster. If you think running a marathon is fitness, then you know NOTHING ABOUT HEALTH & FITNESS."
- Training 101
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 12, 2007
1157 posts
231 upvotes
L4cky wrote:
Aug 12th, 2017 3:17 pm
how many left?
There was a large box so a lot left - I don't think people are aware, at $4.99 it's not the hottest deal, at $1.16 you can treat them as disposable when the blade is done. :)
Deal Addict
Oct 7, 2007
1853 posts
397 upvotes
Edmonton
I see it retracts but does the "blade" snap back when letting go right after use. So many cuts when blade left extended........ I know only $1 but a safety hazard. Banned many jobsites for a reason but yes at home anything go's.. Olfa's the bestGrinning Face
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 12, 2007
1157 posts
231 upvotes
frankmp wrote:
Aug 12th, 2017 5:55 pm
I see it retracts but does the "blade" snap back when letting go right after use. So many cuts when blade left extended........ I know only $1 but a safety hazard. Banned many jobsites for a reason but yes at home anything go's.. Olfa's the bestGrinning Face
I don't know what you mean by snap back, I have Olfa's and they have a round head you tighten to keep the blade out; I've never had any of these where the blade snaps back by itself.
Jan 2, 2017
193 posts
107 upvotes
Picked up a few at my location. They were ~$2.95 for a pack so not quite as good as OPs but still good enough to get a few. Thanks!
Deal Fanatic
Nov 18, 2008
5197 posts
726 upvotes
Mont-Royal
frankmp wrote:
Aug 12th, 2017 5:55 pm
vodka wrote:
Aug 12th, 2017 11:03 pm
I don't know what you mean by snap back, I have Olfa's and they have a round head you tighten to keep the blade out; I've never had any of these where the blade snaps back by itself.
is it ok if i only use it to open regular amaozn boxes shipments?
"Every marathon you run, your heart scars and you will die faster. If you think running a marathon is fitness, then you know NOTHING ABOUT HEALTH & FITNESS."
- Training 101
Oct 21, 2005
308 posts
85 upvotes
Pretty sure the "snap" in the name indicates that you snap off the exposed blade when it gets dull, to get a fresh sharp blade. Nothing to do with being automatically retractable.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 12, 2007
1157 posts
231 upvotes
LBJackal wrote:
Aug 13th, 2017 1:07 am
Pretty sure the "snap" in the name indicates that you snap off the exposed blade when it gets dull, to get a fresh sharp blade. Nothing to do with being automatically retractable.
Yes, you can do this with both the larger and the smaller one.
Apr 22, 2004
227 posts
Saint-Laurent
Just went to the st-antoine location, they're now 3 something...
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 12, 2007
1157 posts
231 upvotes
Yup, I was just there to return something and the guy scanned it in at $3 something... In the box right beside there they had Olfa 2pack 18mm for $14 something...
Deal Addict
Oct 15, 2015
1012 posts
653 upvotes
Montreal, QC
Going to HD this weekend, would want to buy a couple of this knife set, hope they still have them in stock