• Oct 16th, 2018 1:41 pm
Deal Fanatic
Oct 6, 2007
6157 posts
2272 upvotes
Kootenays
steven80 wrote:
Aug 22nd, 2018 10:09 am
i wish they sold a smoke blower... i'm sick of this stuff...
You'd need a 3 stage to overcome the Spokanites! https://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/satirical ... -1.4063134

A group of friends in Spokane, Wash. have managed to dupe many Americans and Canadians alike, and even a few news stations, with their tongue-in-cheek Facebook event calling on their fellow “Spokanites” to put box fans on their roofs to “blow Spokane’s smoke away to Canada.”
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2008
1665 posts
1399 upvotes
Langley, BC
smacd wrote:
Aug 22nd, 2018 11:16 am
You'd need a 3 stage to overcome the Spokanites! https://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/satirical ... -1.4063134

A group of friends in Spokane, Wash. have managed to dupe many Americans and Canadians alike, and even a few news stations, with their tongue-in-cheek Facebook event calling on their fellow “Spokanites” to put box fans on their roofs to “blow Spokane’s smoke away to Canada.”
LOL... also... California wildfires are BC lumbers fault...
Nov 17, 2003
884 posts
182 upvotes
Edmonton
I have the commercial version of this. If anyone is on the fence about a pull start, this thing is seriously the easiest pull start ever. prime, choke and one pull every time. even first start of season

R U PACKIN HEAT
?
[OP]
Jul 12, 2018
130 posts
147 upvotes
ChanelJ12 wrote:
Aug 22nd, 2018 11:15 am
So I just add gas to it? Or I need to charge the batteries? Sorry..I am clueless.
Gas only
Jun 19, 2011
104 posts
124 upvotes
WINNIPEG
I am a new home owner and find myself with a pretty large driveway (probably 40+ feet and 3 cars wide in some sections). My office hunch back twitches at the thought of not having a blower this winter.

Is this going to be something that would work me? Would I need to step it up or get a two stage to really be covered?
Deal Addict
Oct 12, 2001
3590 posts
81 upvotes
I think it depends on your expectations. I have both, toro 2 stroke and a craftsman 2 stage. The single stage is the one that I reach for the most because it is easier on my body. When using the craftsman I tend to muscle it around. Its a lot quicker to use and will move more snow and wetter stuff.

Toro could be used by the girls too.

Toro will move the snow but will take more time and the odd time you may have to get on the end of a goon spoon. Expectations.
What the H E double hockey sticks have I done now?
Feb 11, 2018
828 posts
671 upvotes
jdougie wrote:
Aug 22nd, 2018 8:31 pm
I am a new home owner and find myself with a pretty large driveway (probably 40+ feet and 3 cars wide in some sections). My office hunch back twitches at the thought of not having a blower this winter.

Is this going to be something that would work me? Would I need to step it up or get a two stage to really be covered?
If you have no physical handicap/limitation then get a two-stage. It is always better to have too much power than not enough. In particular with the size of your driveway you could be spending a long time cleaning the snow if you get a lot of heavy/wet snow. It is not fun to spend a lot of time out in the cold removing the snow. Ariens are very reliable and affordable. I bought this 10 years ago and it has never let me down once.

EDIT: There is no need to buy the same model I bought, you can get Ariens much cheaper. But I prefer to buy equipment that is of commercial, or semi-commercial quality. There is a big difference between equipment made for the residential sector and commercial applications. The commercial ones are built a lot stronger, they are built to last. IMO, you get more for your money with commercial than with residential equipment. The snowblower I bought used in a residential setting will easily last me 30+ years. And it has electric start.

The Toro 721 R is fine for people who live where winter is mild. But I live in the south of Ontario and some winters can be brutal.
Last edited by TomLafinsky on Aug 23rd, 2018 12:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Paying less is only half the equation. The other half is buying less... ;)
Deal Addict
Sep 10, 2008
4580 posts
2333 upvotes
Kitchener
jdougie wrote:

I had a 5 car wide, 3 car deep gravel driveway using my Toro single stage. Obviously, gravel is not ideal for blowers.......but tilted it a bit and never had an issue. My new house has a triple car paved driveway and takes about 5 minutes to clear 6" of accumulation with the single stage. I'm in Kitchener where we get more snow than Toronto but no lake effect like London. Never regretted my decision to go single stage over 2 stage. Never any sore muscles and 90% of the time, it's a LOT quicker to clear my driveway with. I'd say once per year I wish I had a larger blower, but the rest of the time I'm EXTREMELY happy I have the little guy, so much easier and faster. Never use the shovel.
[OP]
Jul 12, 2018
130 posts
147 upvotes
jdougie wrote:

IntrepidRT wrote:
Aug 23rd, 2018 8:00 am
I had a 5 car wide, 3 car deep gravel driveway using my Toro single stage. Obviously, gravel is not ideal for blowers.......but tilted it a bit and never had an issue. My new house has a triple car paved driveway and takes about 5 minutes to clear 6" of accumulation with the single stage. I'm in Kitchener where we get more snow than Toronto but no lake effect like London. Never regretted my decision to go single stage over 2 stage. Never any sore muscles and 90% of the time, it's a LOT quicker to clear my driveway with. I'd say once per year I wish I had a larger blower, but the rest of the time I'm EXTREMELY happy I have the little guy, so much easier and faster. Never use the shovel.
That's exactly why I bought it...if it's easy to move in winter it's good .
Apr 27, 2015
162 posts
88 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I was unable to get it for that price. The best they could do was beat the price based off of the $669 price.
[OP]
Jul 12, 2018
130 posts
147 upvotes
nkit88 wrote:
Aug 23rd, 2018 11:42 am
I was unable to get it for that price. The best they could do was beat the price based off of the $669 price.
That's still way better than it anywhere .it will come upto 602+ taxes ...tell them to call the wooybros...
Apr 27, 2015
162 posts
88 upvotes
Toronto, ON
They did call them and said that they will only beat the advertised price. I mentioned that you got the price at 575.10 and posted the receipt but they still wouldnt budge.

The store mentioned that if they could not sell all of the remaining $639 clearance instore that they would put it online. But HD does not match clearance items.

$602 is a good price but i will wait for something else.
[OP]
Jul 12, 2018
130 posts
147 upvotes
nkit88 wrote:
Aug 23rd, 2018 12:14 pm
They did call them and said that they will only beat the advertised price. I mentioned that you got the price at 575.10 and posted the receipt but they still wouldnt budge.

The store mentioned that if they could not sell all of the remaining $639 clearance instore that they would put it online. But HD does not match clearance items.

$602 is a good price but i will wait for something else.
Must be a bad customer rep.....call them again .u gotta be super nice and buttering lol when getting these things done online .lol
Deal Addict
Sep 10, 2008
4580 posts
2333 upvotes
Kitchener
Thatsamazing wrote:
Aug 23rd, 2018 12:22 pm
Must be a bad customer rep.....call them again .u gotta be super nice and buttering lol when getting these things done online .lol
Gotta wine and dine them :P
Dec 15, 2017
29 posts
10 upvotes
I was originally thinking of pulling the trigger on the 721QZE because of its quick shute control but im asking myself its worth the extra few hundred dollars.....

Does anyone know of toro has promotions ever?