• Nov 19th, 2018 9:15 am
Deal Guru
Jun 12, 2007
13032 posts
2546 upvotes
London
Jayhaz wrote:
Aug 23rd, 2018 9:42 pm
I was originally thinking of pulling the trigger on the 721QZE because of its quick shute control but im asking myself its worth the extra few hundred dollars.....

Does anyone know of toro has promotions ever?
Home Hardware in East York might have one for $867 416-488-4807

Quick chute is mostly useful for when you have to drop the snow in a particular spot and you would otherwise need to adjust the chute continuously while in motion.

In the standard situation, you have clear areas on both sides of the driveway (or even one side). You don't need to adjust the chute while in motion, the regular chute is fine
Last edited by l69norm on Aug 24th, 2018 3:49 am, edited 2 times in total.
Jan 4, 2013
369 posts
100 upvotes
unshavenyak wrote:
Aug 22nd, 2018 9:42 am
Good price. That reminds me that I need to get my Honda blower serviced before the winter. It was starting to backfire on throttle when the choke was fully in last winter. It's probably running rich.
glad I read this I need a new muffler that won't shoot flames into my pants lol
[OP]
Jul 12, 2018
153 posts
154 upvotes
Jayhaz wrote:
Aug 23rd, 2018 9:42 pm
I was originally thinking of pulling the trigger on the 721QZE because of its quick shute control but im asking myself its worth the extra few hundred dollars.....

Does anyone know of toro has promotions ever?
I did not want to spend over 650 on a blower.so I went with just r ....if u can spend more get it it's handy but for me not a big deal .promotion wise I think max they go is around 100 off once a while but have seen 50 off quite a few times on HD .but nothing beats a price beat
Deal Addict
Sep 10, 2008
4626 posts
2383 upvotes
Kitchener
l69norm wrote:
Aug 23rd, 2018 10:49 pm
Home Hardware in East York might have one for $867 416-488-4807

Quick chute is mostly useful for when you have to drop the snow in a particular spot and you would otherwise need to adjust the chute continuously while in motion.

In the standard situation, you have clear areas on both sides of the driveway (or even one side). You don't need to adjust the chute while in motion, the regular chute is fine
Disagree 100%. It's difficult to move the chute in motion whether you have Quik Chute or not. It's a LOT easier to adjust the chute at the end of each pass. Most houses these days are built very close to the neighbours (at least on one side) and you always have to blow the snow to one side. I use the Quik Chute around 50 times to clear my driveway once.
Sep 10, 2010
302 posts
39 upvotes
St Catharines
I love my 721 for my 1000 sq/ft driveway.I was talked into the 'E' electronic start model and I'm really glad as I find it difficult to start by hand.I thought it would be as easy as my Honda 190cc lawnmower to start but there is no comparison.Maybe because it is colder or I'm older?
Apr 16, 2015
652 posts
316 upvotes
Bought one last year and returned it. Having to manually move the shoot is a real pain in the ass. Spend a little more and get the Toro Power Clear 721 QZE
https://www.homedepot.ca/en/home/p.powe ... 11641.html You won't regret it.
I don't like buying from Home Depot because if you have any problems after a month you're on your own. They will not honour any warranty passed a month.
I preferred to buy it from my local equipment dealer where they will assemble it, and deliver it, and honour the warranty for two years unlike Home Depot.
My local dealer will always price match Home Depot and in fact give you a better price than them.
Jan 4, 2013
369 posts
100 upvotes
smacd wrote:
Aug 22nd, 2018 11:16 am
You'd need a 3 stage to overcome the Spokanites! https://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/satirical ... -1.4063134

A group of friends in Spokane, Wash. have managed to dupe many Americans and Canadians alike, and even a few news stations, with their tongue-in-cheek Facebook event calling on their fellow “Spokanites” to put box fans on their roofs to “blow Spokane’s smoke away to Canada.”
It worked it worked this morning the says are blue again in the bottom of BC!!!!
Jan 4, 2013
369 posts
100 upvotes
MikeBrewerWheelerDealer wrote:
Aug 24th, 2018 9:38 am
Bought one last year and returned it. Having to manually move the shoot is a real pain in the ass. Spend a little more and get the Toro Power Clear 721 QZE
https://www.homedepot.ca/en/home/p.powe ... 11641.html You won't regret it.
I don't like buying from Home Depot because if you have any problems after a month you're on your own. They will not honour any warranty passed a month.
I preferred to buy it from my local equipment dealer where they will assemble it, and deliver it, and honour the warranty for two years unlike Home Depot.
My local dealer will always price match Home Depot and in fact give you a better price than them.
I was confused when you said you had to move the shoot manually, then I watched a video and my god is that stupid and would be a pain the ass. My 30+ year old snowblower even has a crank right by me to spin it around, I seriously would have cost toro like $5 in metal to make it much more convenient for the user.
Deal Addict
Sep 10, 2008
4626 posts
2383 upvotes
Kitchener
russbarden wrote:
Aug 24th, 2018 9:57 am
I was confused when you said you had to move the shoot manually, then I watched a video and my god is that stupid and would be a pain the ass. My 30+ year old snowblower even has a crank right by me to spin it around, I seriously would have cost toro like $5 in metal to make it much more convenient for the user.
Honestly, cranks are absolutely terrible as well, Quik Chute takes less than 1 second to rotate 180 degrees. Find a video of someone using QC.
Deal Guru
Jun 12, 2007
13032 posts
2546 upvotes
London
russbarden wrote:
Aug 24th, 2018 9:57 am
The manual chute is a well proven design. It’s compact, fast to adjust, reliable/ doesn’t jam or freeze, robust/ doesn’t break and cheap/easy to fix if it does

Honda has a so called “improved” manual chute design with a longer metal handle. The commercial guys say it doesn’t let you run the machine flush against a wall/fence with the chute at 90 deg cause the longer handle hits the wall/fence first.

Much earlier Toro units had the crank chute (circa ccr2000 ?) but you have to stop for a few seconds of cranking at the end of each pass to turn the chute 180 deg vs just flipping the handle
Apr 16, 2015
652 posts
316 upvotes
If you’re going to buy one of these spend a little extra definitely get that 721 OR
Spend $400 more you can get a full size 24 inch Toro with joystick control which is the easiest to use.
It also comes with the bigger 250cc motor and a new heavy duty auger sheer pin free gearbox.
I own both and love them. I’ve had quite a few snowblowers but these are the best so far.
Dec 15, 2017
38 posts
14 upvotes
IntrepidRT wrote:
Aug 24th, 2018 7:04 am
Disagree 100%. It's difficult to move the chute in motion whether you have Quik Chute or not. It's a LOT easier to adjust the chute at the end of each pass. Most houses these days are built very close to the neighbours (at least on one side) and you always have to blow the snow to one side. I use the Quik Chute around 50 times to clear my driveway once.

That was my thought exactly. I want to make snow removal as painless as possible. My lot is 40' wide but my driveway is closer to one neighbour than the other. I would like the ability to change the chute direction at the end of each pass.
Jul 17, 2010
121 posts
65 upvotes
BTW booy Bros dropped their listed price to 639.
Feb 6, 2017
829 posts
365 upvotes
bundy5555 wrote:
Sep 12th, 2018 7:40 am
BTW booy Bros dropped their listed price to 639.
Can you expand on this? What is booy Bros?