[Home Depot] TORO 721 R single stage snowblower $575

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 19th, 2018 9:15 am
Deal Addict
Sep 7, 2004
3843 posts
708 upvotes
GTEH!
got my 721R 2 winters ago for $550. Love it. For me, the manual chute adjustment and the recoil start is easy to do. Not a big issue. It clears the snow for me, which is the main reason for SB.
Small extra options are nice to have. People have to decide what's more important to them. To each their own.
😎
Apr 8, 2007
639 posts
171 upvotes
Thanks OP..
Easy to price match with Home Depot online chat. $575.10
And able to apply HD gift cards bought at metro with Amex Cobalt for 5X MR points.
Jan 26, 2014
124 posts
100 upvotes
Jayhaz wrote:
Sep 16th, 2018 8:06 am
https://kooybros.com/toro-power-clear-7 ... nowthrower

The 721 QZE is on sale at kooy bros for 909.00. Price match at home depot brings it to 818.10

Id rather buy from kooy bros but this seems to be a great price.

I am in MB, so no kooy bros here. However decided to risk it and see if they would price match by online chat. Didn't say where I was from. No issues. Said to order it, and give them the order number and address. Got it for 818. Not bad. Happy customer here.
Jul 30, 2012
3 posts
Chilliwack
I seen that cub cadet one from Lowe’s as well I think they have a scratch and save that brought it down to 855$ taxes in deliveried to my local Lowe’s store. I dunno though compared to an Ariens 24” for 250$ more... that cub cadet has a plastic chute which I’m not thrilled about.
Dec 15, 2017
38 posts
14 upvotes
itrocks4u wrote:
Sep 16th, 2018 3:22 pm
Why QZE instead of the normal one? About $200 difference.
The only thing that would sway me towards the qze vs just the 721 r is the quick shute control on the handle. The question I am asking myself is, "is this option worth the extra $243?"

I dont really care about the "electric start". If anything, it sounds like more of an inconvience since you have to plug it in.
Aug 30, 2017
150 posts
117 upvotes
GTA East - Durham
If you are in suburbia with the typical one car length driveway things like a quick chute are great.
Deal Addict
Jul 29, 2008
1687 posts
436 upvotes
Any thoughts on home depot versus local dealer shops. HD wil be 10% cheaper due to price match.

Are these things easy to put together out of the box? Local dealers would put it together but dont think HD does that.
Deal Expert
Dec 1, 2003
19650 posts
1334 upvotes
dookiemoore wrote:
Sep 18th, 2018 10:13 am
If you are in suburbia with the typical one car length driveway things like a quick chute are great.
I have a 9-car driveway, and I had the older model, the 621E, it was great. I upgraded to a 2-stage cub cadet, but I really miss that Toro. So light, small and easy to manoeuver. The manual chute never bothered me. I almost feel like it was faster to do my driveway with the single stage toro than with the 2-stage I have now. Kinda regret getting rid of it. Here in rural Quebec tho, the only issue was when there was 12+ inches of snow. THat's where the 2-stage difference comes in. For Toronto weather, the 721E would do fine for 99% of people IMO.
Sep 3, 2007
609 posts
21 upvotes
Aurora
Thanks OP.
I had seen a similar thread before where someone was able to price match another Toro model from HD against Kooy Bros.
I called in yesterday and ordered 721 QZE as that is what I had before the X took it.
My drive is much smaller now then before, so feel I should be good.
I do appreciate the chute control, as I can only put snow on one side of my house as there is practically no space between me and neighbor.
Deal Addict
Mar 28, 2004
1550 posts
384 upvotes
Woodbridge
Did you guys price match with live chat? They told me they won't price match because the Kooy snowblowers has to be picked up instore and the HD one is shipped.
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2007
2462 posts
590 upvotes
Scarborough
wheelz wrote:
Oct 10th, 2018 8:35 pm
Did you guys price match with live chat? They told me they won't price match because the Kooy snowblowers has to be picked up instore and the HD one is shipped.
LOL! What the EFF! The shit they excrete....

You shoulda said "I don't mind picking it up from the store!"
Jun 16, 2007
67 posts
6 upvotes
I did the chat twice to get the price match. First rep said no for the above reason. I tried again the next day and this rep did it no problem. I would suggest to try again with another rep. I'm located in AB so I really lucked out price matching kooy brothers. I got the qze and used it for the first time yesterday. It did a great job on the little snow I had.