Hot Deals

[Home Depot] TORO 721 R single stage snowblower $575

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 19th, 2018 9:15 am
Sep 27, 2005
964 posts
135 upvotes
I bought 721 E for $539.99 back in October 2014 doing same thing and still amazing machine. Don’t forget to use the $10 off movers coupon.

I agree with earlier post about better chute as moving it by hand is a little time consuming but otherwise it is a great machine.
Deal Addict
Mar 28, 2004
1548 posts
384 upvotes
Woodbridge
sildenafil wrote:
Oct 10th, 2018 9:26 pm
I did the chat twice to get the price match. First rep said no for the above reason. I tried again the next day and this rep did it no problem. I would suggest to try again with another rep. I'm located in AB so I really lucked out price matching kooy brothers. I got the qze and used it for the first time yesterday. It did a great job on the little snow I had.
Thanks, I'll try again tomorrow
Dec 15, 2017
38 posts
14 upvotes
sildenafil wrote:
Oct 10th, 2018 9:26 pm
I did the chat twice to get the price match. First rep said no for the above reason. I tried again the next day and this rep did it no problem. I would suggest to try again with another rep. I'm located in AB so I really lucked out price matching kooy brothers. I got the qze and used it for the first time yesterday. It did a great job on the little snow I had.

Lucky you got snow already. My toro is sitting in the garage waiting for some snow. Lol
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2004
1503 posts
770 upvotes
Montreal, QC
I love toro for snow blowers...
I have a Toro Power Shift 624 which my dad bought back to 1988.... Yes 30 years ago... 3 or 4 years ago, I had the transmission rebuilt (since I forced it in some ice bank {I was being stubborn} and broke one gear), and took the opportunity to replace the bearing on the impeller shaft. But other than that, it works like a charm. Love the powershift function, it's a shame they no longer make it with that feature. Makes it very convenient to switch between a light easy to maneuver unit for light quick snow by moving the wheels forward to change the center of gravity, or a front heavy unit by moving the tires backwards, to get into the heavier wet snow.

Father-in-law picked up an 826LE a few years ago, and even at 79 yrs old, he had no issue using it, on a steep driveway. Awesome machine, and it can definitely shoot the snow a great distance.

I find the single stage units are great for rural areas where you will be blowing mostly relatively undisturbed snow from your driveway/path. Problem in the city is that by the time you get out in the morning to clear out the snow, the city plows have already plowed the snow from the streets, in front of your driveway, and you're lucky if it hasn't turned to ice... Single stage will go through the driveway no problem, but they won't go through the heavy compacted and often icy mound the city plows leave in front of the driveways. This is not meant to take anything away from this unit.. They are awesome for what they are made for, as long as you understand it's limits.
Feb 14, 2009
125 posts
55 upvotes
Just thought I’d chime in about this snow blower.

Used it commercially for walkways and small spaces where plow can’t get too. Ran it approx 10 hours each snow fall... ran it very hard.

Works really well for snow falls under 20cm and really quick. Much quicker than a 2 stage. Also you can easily pull it up stairs to attack the walkways and spin it around as easily as a lan mower. My problem was the rubber paddles wear out and it’s performance goes downhill very quickly when the paddles start to wear out to the point where it becomes useless. I had to change the paddles twice throughout the season at $100 each time plus 1 hour of my labour and it is very tedious work to change them. This was in 2016 when we had like 300cm in Ottawa. So I’d say expect 50-75 hours of use before you need to change the paddles, and the scraper blade I never changed but it was due for sure by the end of the season.

Surprisingly it worked pretty well for the end of the driveway plow ridge (1.5’ high) IF you got to it within a few hours. If it starts to harden (overnight especially) then there’s no chance this things going to cut through it.

In summary: if I was a homeowner with a driveway 20’x40’ Or larger I would buy a 2 stage. For 90% of snowfalls the toro single stage will be the better option however for the other 10% of super wet and freezing rain snow and for those massive 30cm plus snow falls and for the huge plow ridges are going to be the times you REALLY need to count on your equipment.

Btw I had the 721R with manual chute. Manual chute no problem if you start in the middle and go straight up the driveway and shoot outwards then turn at the end and come back down And kind of spiral outwards you won’t even need to adjust the chute very often. Rather than adjusting the chute it’s just as easy to whip the snow blower around to where ever you want to shoot the snow. Another tip is for the super wet and heavy snow you can spray down the chute with lube. Also from the beginning of the season make sure you throw the snow as far as possible right from the beginning of the season because once the snow banks get to be 4 or 5 feet high it has trouble clearing them.
Deal Addict
Mar 28, 2004
1548 posts
384 upvotes
Woodbridge
Finally found an agent that would do it for $575. Thanks OP!
[OP]
Jul 12, 2018
151 posts
153 upvotes
wheelz wrote:
Oct 11th, 2018 9:42 am
Finally found an agent that would do it for $575. Thanks OP!
Glad I was able to help
Deal Addict
Mar 28, 2004
1548 posts
384 upvotes
Woodbridge
Does this blower use just straight up gas? Or do I have to mix it?
Deal Addict
Feb 25, 2007
2134 posts
156 upvotes
wheelz wrote:
Oct 11th, 2018 10:20 am
Does this blower use just straight up gas? Or do I have to mix it?
straight up gas, oil separate compartment.
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2007
2460 posts
589 upvotes
Scarborough
YouGotADeal wrote:
Oct 11th, 2018 4:02 am
Used it commercially....
... My problem was the rubber paddles wear out and it’s performance goes downhill very quickly when the paddles start to wear out to the point where it becomes useless. I had to change the paddles twice throughout the season at $100 each time plus 1 hour of my labour and it is very tedious work to change them. ...
US Ebay sellers want about $32, that's 42 loonies. Ouch! Free shipping within the US, bendover rate to Canada. Buy bulk, 5 pairs(?) and have them ship to your long lost uncle, if you manage to find one.
Sep 28, 2014
31 posts
17 upvotes
Toronto, ON
You can also replace the paddles with the ones used on the 721 RC which are thicker and supposed to last twice as long.
Deal Addict
Sep 10, 2008
4622 posts
2382 upvotes
Kitchener
I've been using my Toro 221QR for maybe 10 years now. Replaced the paddles & scraper bar for the first time last year at a cost of about $40 USD (I was noticing some snow shooting out at my feet). It's really not a big deal to change every 8-10 years, but I'll be sure to look into the poly or commercial paddles next time.
Feb 18, 2012
288 posts
152 upvotes
Aurora
got the $575.10 deal through online chat as well
Deal Addict
Jul 15, 2003
1028 posts
33 upvotes
online chat refused to do pm and advised me to call HD customer care. Did that and got everything one within 10 mins.
GOOGLE before you TWEET is the new Think before you Speak