• Last Updated:
  • Nov 16th, 2017 2:34 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 9, 2009
4132 posts
310 upvotes

[Home Depot] Wall mounted Tire Rack - $52.43

It is that time where we need to swap tires and store our summer tires!

I was just browsing home depot and I noticed that they have the exact same tire rack as canadian tire but for half the price!

https://www.homedepot.ca/en/home/p.tire ... 27725.html

This is the exact same one as CanadianTire's that goes for $99.99:
http://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/motom ... p.html#srp

I have the same one bought from canadian tire on sale years ago and it is a very sturdy unit. I also later on bought the cheaper foldable version that goes on sale for around $30 and it is much less heavy duty than the one above.
Cheaper Unit: https://www.homedepot.ca/en/home/p.fold ... 27724.html

As someone who has both models, I would definitely suggest getting the Red heavier duty one vs the foldable lightweight grey one. (Even at the price difference of $50 vs $30) Especially if you have large tires.

EDIT: Added a picture of both tire racks in my garage for comparison.

EDIT #2: You can always try to price match at CT and hope to get another 10% in CT money. Or just go through ebates with home depot purchase!
Images
  • Garage.jpg
Last edited by azncapcom on Nov 8th, 2017 5:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
40 replies
Dec 27, 2012
906 posts
296 upvotes
Burnaby
azncapcom wrote:
Nov 8th, 2017 5:46 pm
This is the exact same one as CanadianTire's that goes for $99.99:
http://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/motom ... p.html#srp
Just installed this one from Ctire for my Dad... regularly goes on sale for $59.99. Highly recommend it as like OP says its the same as the Home Depot model. Easy setup and installation and includes all the lag bolts.
Dec 29, 2007
307 posts
89 upvotes
Will I be able to install it in my cinder block garage? Will it have the right hardware?
Deal Addict
May 22, 2006
1480 posts
151 upvotes
Toronto
Thaanks OP! Was waiting for it to go on sale at Canadian Tire but this will do. I'll still wait until Black Friday and see if it gets any cheaper.
Jan 28, 2006
63 posts
6 upvotes
cold deal. If i remember correctly I got the Hyloft ones for $29.99 at Canadian Tire when it was on sale. It's foldable too
Last edited by Meister19 on Nov 8th, 2017 9:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 9, 2009
4132 posts
310 upvotes
cjam wrote:
Nov 8th, 2017 9:00 pm
Will I be able to install it in my cinder block garage? Will it have the right hardware?
I bought it several years ago, but if i remember correctly it did come with mounting hardware for concrete. don't quote me on it though as its been too long.
esq05 wrote:
Nov 8th, 2017 9:19 pm
Thaanks OP! Was waiting for it to go on sale at Canadian Tire but this will do. I'll still wait until Black Friday and see if it gets any cheaper.
I don't think it will go cheaper than this at CT. I bought mine on sale at CT several years ago for $49.99 but the last few years I've only seen it go down to $59.99.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 9, 2009
4132 posts
310 upvotes
Meister19 wrote:
Nov 8th, 2017 9:29 pm
cold deal. If i remember correctly I got the Hyloft ones for $29.99 at Canadian Tire when it was on sale. It's foldable too
If you read my OP, you would see that i also mentioned the hyloft one that goes on sale for $29.99 at CT. I actually have both units and i would much prefer paying $50 for the better one vs the $30 cheaper foldable hyloft one.
Jul 21, 2013
388 posts
98 upvotes
Calgary
azncapcom wrote:
Nov 8th, 2017 9:32 pm
If you read my OP, you would see that i also mentioned the hyloft one that goes on sale for $29.99 at CT. I actually have both units and i would much prefer paying $50 for the better one vs the $30 cheaper foldable hyloft one.
Why? Don't they both hold tires just fine?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 9, 2009
4132 posts
310 upvotes
Roger21 wrote:
Nov 8th, 2017 9:43 pm
Why? Don't they both hold tires just fine?
The Red one is much more heavy duty. The foldable one feels very flimsy and the foldable hinge is very thin. You can also see in the picture that the small one is sagging a bit from the weight of the tires. I've been using both for years and the lightweight one seems to work just fine, but if I had to choose, definitely would pick the heavier duty one (for both extra safety wise and as well it would hold large tires with no issues) I currently put my smaller tires on the foldable one and the bigger tires on the Red one.
Oct 6, 2005
197 posts
79 upvotes
Montreal
Ive got 20inch tires on the grey version of the hyloft unit, and it is not flimsy at all. Again I think there might be different version, as my neighbor got the “same” model but seems to be a different version or revision. I bought 2 at 29,99 @CT, if you want to wait for another sale.
Nov 29, 2006
676 posts
118 upvotes
reyoasian wrote:
Nov 8th, 2017 10:18 pm
Amazon

OOS now but are these the same?
Looks to be the exact same thing.. good find! For those that are in no rush, it might be good that it's OOS.. allowing to buy now and reserving the price. Gives one a little more time to compare pricing or if in doubt...
Deal Addict
Jul 18, 2009
1049 posts
146 upvotes
Markham
kinda silly it fits 5 tires :P
too bad it doesn't solve the problem of lifting the tires up onto the rack
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
40896 posts
9831 upvotes
lildevilx wrote:
Nov 9th, 2017 6:13 am
kinda silly it fits 5 tires :P
too bad it doesn't solve the problem of lifting the tires up onto the rack
I think it's for people like @BeapChastard who decided to remove their spare tires to get better fuel economy. :)