Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Home Depot

Weber BBQs

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 25th, 2017 11:31 am
Oct 4, 2006
377 posts
143 upvotes
Looka like rona has the new webber Genesis @$100 less than home depot. Rona is also doing a no tax weekend but of course excludes Weber BBQs :/.

https://www.rona.ca/en/38-000-btu-propa ... e-15895022

Either way i would think you could price match and beat by 10% at home depot since they are advertising this @$899.00.

https://www.homedepot.ca/en/home/p.gene ... 29375.html

Hope this helps someone- still a bit too much for my budget .
Deal Fanatic
Nov 16, 2011
8824 posts
1218 upvotes
Damn.. didnt realize that the Weber Genesis are no longer made in the States.
Jul 10, 2008
36 posts
11 upvotes
midget_man wrote: Some misinformation here. Its an American company, always has been. I have had a Napoleon for almost a decade now, and have had a positive experience with it, so I was not really a "Weber" guy or fanboy. I just bought a Weber Genesis a few weeks ago on clearance at Home Depot for the cottage. There were a few minor issues with some components that were not up to snuff, and they shipped them out promptly at no charge. I ordered them on Friday and they were at my house on Monday. They shipped from Woodbridge Ontario. And I'm not talking about minor parts like a door handle or caster, but major parts dealing with the gas burner manifold etc.. So my experience was not anything like you've indicated.
Other than having never been a Canadian company none of my information was incorrect. I could not get parts at the time from within Canada, and my BBQ dealer (a large one) completely dropped them because of that issue. Also every Weber I have owned has deteriorated substantially more quickly than the previous, so build quality and materials have been on the decline for years.... Even on the ones made in the US.

I swear I used to drive past a Weber building in Waterloo Ontario a few years ago, but cannot find any info about it online.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 19, 2003
5335 posts
3149 upvotes
A Place to Stand
DrewCypher wrote: Other than having never been a Canadian company none of my information was incorrect. I could not get parts at the time from within Canada, and my BBQ dealer (a large one) completely dropped them because of that issue. Also every Weber I have owned has deteriorated substantially more quickly than the previous, so build quality and materials have been on the decline for years.... Even on the ones made in the US.

I swear I used to drive past a Weber building in Waterloo Ontario a few years ago, but cannot find any info about it online.
Took a minute on Google, I bet this is what you saw.

http://www.webersupply.com/locations

https://goo.gl/maps/cMW5SSBw6qS2
Deal Fanatic
Nov 19, 2003
5335 posts
3149 upvotes
A Place to Stand
DrewCypher wrote: Other than having never been a Canadian company none of my information was incorrect. I could not get parts at the time from within Canada, and my BBQ dealer (a large one) completely dropped them because of that issue. Also every Weber I have owned has deteriorated substantially more quickly than the previous, so build quality and materials have been on the decline for years.... Even on the ones made in the US.

Well it was incorrect when you made a blanket statement that people would have to wait a month for parts. That may have been your experience, but its not correct saying this will be the experience for everyone, because I am living proof that this is not the case. My parts shipped in a couple days, from Woodbridge, not from the US. I bet I would have seen them next day had it not been a weekend. Had it been my primary BBQ and actually being used, I'd be out a few days of grilling, not a few weeks. I won't speak to the declining quality issue as I've never owned a Weber to compare it to.
Aug 30, 2007
182 posts
43 upvotes
DrewCypher wrote: Another issue with Weber (formerly a Canadian company) is that all of their parts Supply is now moved into the US, so if something breaks on your bbq it is 2 - 4 weeks before you can get that part, essentially rendering your BBQ useless for a large portion of the summer.

I ran into this issue two years ago when I broke the guage on my Weber smoker, and I still haven't bought a new gauge due to the long wait. My local bbq Shop has since completely stopped carrying Weber because of the parts issue, and all of the unhappy customers that lead to.

I have owned 3 Weber BBQs. Each one has lasted a shorter time than the previous one and quality has been going downhill for years.

The original one I bought my dad 22 years ago is still in the best shape of all of them. It is in fact in substantially better shape than the last one I bought myself 7 year's ago.... Which is the last Weber I will buy.

Next time... Napoleon or Broil King depending on location of manufacture at the time.
Agreed,. I bought an S330 gas model a few years back and I am not impressed for the price I paid. I clean it regularly but experience hot and colder cooking spots throughout, excessive smoking and nasty flare ups quite often. One thing though, is that it heats up like a champ.
May 30, 2008
274 posts
70 upvotes
Saskatchewan
Recently grabbed a 330 NG and loving it, anyone have recommendations for a BBQ cover?
Deal Fanatic
Nov 19, 2003
5335 posts
3149 upvotes
A Place to Stand
XcaliburZero wrote: Recently grabbed a 330 NG and loving it, anyone have recommendations for a BBQ cover?
I was at HD and saw the Weber brand cover for almost $100. No way. I saw they also had an Everbilt one there, same size, marked for 19.88. It was almost identical to the Weber one it almost every way ... same material, texture and weight. Really heavy-duty and thick, not some cheapo material at all. I took the chance, went through the self-checkout, and it scanned at $12. Went back and grabbed another as a back-up at that price. Fits the Genesis series like a glove.
Sep 4, 2016
680 posts
338 upvotes
Ctrl-Z wrote: Anyone know why it is that the Chinese are apparently unable to build a decent BBQ? Despite the fact that they are capable of building nearly everything else in the world to whatever degree of quality is desired.
It's not Chinese manufacturing, it is Weber that is to blame here. Weber could have ordered their BBQ's made to the same or a higher quality control standard, but they specified a lower grade to increase their profit margin.
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2005
1363 posts
336 upvotes
Medicine Hat and SW …
invite wrote: It's not Chinese manufacturing, it is Weber that is to blame here. Weber could have ordered their BBQ's made to the same or a higher quality control standard, but they specified a lower grade to increase their profit margin.
I agree, apparently my sarcasm was a bit too subtle. Given that practically everything in the world has and is being manufactured in China, a made-in-China bias seems antiquated. Except for BBQs. And cars...
Deal Fanatic
Dec 8, 2007
5550 posts
2221 upvotes
Jumping in here as I am considering a Weber vs. Napoleon vs. Broil King ...

What do you all think of Broil King's Sovereign 20 for $749? I've heard good things about Sovereign as a brand.
Hydropwnics wrote:"TodayHello is a certified hustler and original gangster."
Deal Addict
Feb 15, 2013
1369 posts
1203 upvotes
Brampton
Considering the same. Broil King seems best bang for buck but ive read their grates rust easily.
TodayHello wrote: Jumping in here as I am considering a Weber vs. Napoleon vs. Broil King ...

What do you all think of Broil King's Sovereign 20 for $749? I've heard good things about Sovereign as a brand.
Mar 25, 2008
26 posts
3 upvotes
I just got a weber s330 natural gas from home depot, the last one, and inside the cabinet all I have is a hanging flex metal pipe, can't figure it out how to connect to NG hose as both fittings are female.
I guess I need some kind of fitting.
Can somebody with the same bbq post a picture with the connection inside the cabinet.
Thanks

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)