Hot Deals

[Home Depot] Weber Genesis II LX E-340 & LX S-340 $1099/$1199 YMMV

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 25th, 2019 4:47 pm
Sep 13, 2011
31 posts
4 upvotes
Calgary
Anyone assembled the LX S-340 themselves? How was it? Conflicting information online that the LX models are basically already all built, just need the shelves attached.

Home Depot had free assembly but after the amount of time it took to track one down I just wanted the damn thing out of the store at home before they messed up any further.
Sep 13, 2011
31 posts
4 upvotes
Calgary
Also for anyone in Calgary looking for a propane grill BBQ's Galore in the North off Edmonton Trail has a massive 6 burner Weber Genesis II LX S-640 floor model (it was sitting out front) for $1100 or something. Basically half price. Had a couple scratches on it but I would have taken it for sure but I needed natural gas.

This one:
Oct 12, 2008
883 posts
1471 upvotes
Markham
Are these made in China now?
Sep 13, 2011
31 posts
4 upvotes
Calgary
Dave510 wrote:
Jun 10th, 2019 12:50 pm
Are these made in China now?
Weber Genesis II LX models are made in the USA.
Weber Genesis II non-LX models are made in China.
Weber Spirits are made in China.
Weber Summits are made in the USA.
Oct 25, 2018
331 posts
343 upvotes
Redmask wrote:
Jun 10th, 2019 12:00 pm
Hahaha the exact same thing happened to us. We were out this weekend and this is the BBQ I wanted. It wasn't on sale so we bought the Napoleon 525-SIB NG instead. Next day this goes on sale, figures! :) Oh well still happy with my purchase and it looks like this is OOS so didn't really miss out.

Nice, that is awesome! I am supper happy with mine so far and you are right, OOS.
Apr 11, 2005
83 posts
59 upvotes
Markham
ryan66 wrote:
Jun 10th, 2019 12:30 pm
Anyone assembled the LX S-340 themselves? How was it? Conflicting information online that the LX models are basically already all built, just need the shelves attached.

Home Depot had free assembly but after the amount of time it took to track one down I just wanted the damn thing out of the store at home before they messed up any further.
the HD i ordered from actually called me to offer for free assembly instead of looking for one already assembled. your HD should have done the same thing. Either way here is a youtube video on how to assumable it
Deal Addict
Jul 30, 2001
2812 posts
1203 upvotes
GTA
ryan66 wrote:
Jun 10th, 2019 12:30 pm

Confirmed, the grill is 90% assembled in the box. Took me longer to peel the plastic off the stainless bits than to assemble what was required. :)
Aug 10, 2010
252 posts
113 upvotes
Calgary
Can't seem to order online in Calgary, looks like limited stock in the locations near me so can't process. Anyone been out and about to the NW ones? Any luck, might head out later.
Deal Addict
Jul 30, 2001
2812 posts
1203 upvotes
GTA
tamanter wrote:
Jun 10th, 2019 1:23 pm
the HD i ordered from actually called me to offer for free assembly instead of looking for one already assembled. your HD should have done the same thing. Either way here is a youtube video on how to assumable it
That video must be UK specific, as my box was much larger and taller than that. Far less assembly required for the North American model.
Deal Addict
Jul 30, 2001
2812 posts
1203 upvotes
GTA
And the box was quite large, I had to rent one of the Home Depot vans to get it home.
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2014
2033 posts
929 upvotes
Toronto
ODoyleRulz wrote:
Jun 9th, 2019 11:22 am
Nice deal, I’m looking to upgrade my Weber Q, it’s been a great BBQ. I’d get one with the Sear Station (extra close Burner). You’ll want that for steaks.
I can't imagine a better bbq than my Q, it does everything and it's solid. The only benefit to these big boys is that it looks cooler.
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2014
2033 posts
929 upvotes
Toronto
ryan66 wrote:
Jun 10th, 2019 12:59 pm
Weber Genesis II LX models are made in the USA.
Weber Genesis II non-LX models are made in China.
Weber Spirits are made in China.
Weber Summits are made in the USA.
Gosh, the Weber Spirits are so underwhelming in person. I saw them at Home Depot and they definitely look great, but as soon as you lift the lid, you can tell the quality of the bbq is not very good. it just doesn't even feel like a weber. It feels quite cheap actually. There's no way I would ever buy a Weber Spirit.
Apr 19, 2003
993 posts
57 upvotes
Nice op! Gonna check out my local HD and see if they got it in stock! Been looking for a natural gas weber grill and this is the perfect time!!! Here's hoping!!
References under bfg_16 in Heatware 99-0-0,Ebay 125-0-0
Jun 5, 2008
624 posts
368 upvotes
Montreal, QC
And.... it's done. My old MasterChef burners just started falling off this year.
Sep 13, 2011
31 posts
4 upvotes
Calgary
N8Magic wrote:
Jun 10th, 2019 2:24 pm
That video must be UK specific, as my box was much larger and taller than that. Far less assembly required for the North American model.
I saw that same video and was really hoping the North American one required less assembly, good to know.

The box must be twice that size (or looked that large from the ground when it was still up in the racking).