Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Home Depot

Weber Genesis II LX E-340 & LX S-340 $1099/$1199 YMMV

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 19th, 2019 12:40 pm
Apr 11, 2005
139 posts
391 upvotes
Markham
ryan66 wrote: Anyone assembled the LX S-340 themselves? How was it? Conflicting information online that the LX models are basically already all built, just need the shelves attached.

Home Depot had free assembly but after the amount of time it took to track one down I just wanted the damn thing out of the store at home before they messed up any further.
the HD i ordered from actually called me to offer for free assembly instead of looking for one already assembled. your HD should have done the same thing. Either way here is a youtube video on how to assumable it
Deal Addict
Jul 30, 2001
3892 posts
3909 upvotes
GTA
ryan66 wrote: Anyone assembled the LX S-340 themselves? How was it? Conflicting information online that the LX models are basically already all built, just need the shelves attached.

Home Depot had free assembly but after the amount of time it took to track one down I just wanted the damn thing out of the store at home before they messed up any further.
Confirmed, the grill is 90% assembled in the box. Took me longer to peel the plastic off the stainless bits than to assemble what was required. :)
Aug 10, 2010
368 posts
169 upvotes
Calgary
Can't seem to order online in Calgary, looks like limited stock in the locations near me so can't process. Anyone been out and about to the NW ones? Any luck, might head out later.
Deal Addict
Jul 30, 2001
3892 posts
3909 upvotes
GTA
tamanter wrote: the HD i ordered from actually called me to offer for free assembly instead of looking for one already assembled. your HD should have done the same thing. Either way here is a youtube video on how to assumable it
That video must be UK specific, as my box was much larger and taller than that. Far less assembly required for the North American model.
Deal Addict
Jul 30, 2001
3892 posts
3909 upvotes
GTA
And the box was quite large, I had to rent one of the Home Depot vans to get it home.
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2014
3352 posts
2339 upvotes
Langley
ODoyleRulz wrote: Nice deal, I’m looking to upgrade my Weber Q, it’s been a great BBQ. I’d get one with the Sear Station (extra close Burner). You’ll want that for steaks.
I can't imagine a better bbq than my Q, it does everything and it's solid. The only benefit to these big boys is that it looks cooler.
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2014
3352 posts
2339 upvotes
Langley
ryan66 wrote: Weber Genesis II LX models are made in the USA.
Weber Genesis II non-LX models are made in China.
Weber Spirits are made in China.
Weber Summits are made in the USA.
Gosh, the Weber Spirits are so underwhelming in person. I saw them at Home Depot and they definitely look great, but as soon as you lift the lid, you can tell the quality of the bbq is not very good. it just doesn't even feel like a weber. It feels quite cheap actually. There's no way I would ever buy a Weber Spirit.
Deal Addict
Apr 19, 2003
1081 posts
101 upvotes
Nice op! Gonna check out my local HD and see if they got it in stock! Been looking for a natural gas weber grill and this is the perfect time!!! Here's hoping!!
References under bfg_16 in Heatware 99-0-0,Ebay 125-0-0
Jun 5, 2008
681 posts
414 upvotes
Montreal, QC
And.... it's done. My old MasterChef burners just started falling off this year.
Sep 13, 2011
76 posts
52 upvotes
Calgary
N8Magic wrote: That video must be UK specific, as my box was much larger and taller than that. Far less assembly required for the North American model.
I saw that same video and was really hoping the North American one required less assembly, good to know.

The box must be twice that size (or looked that large from the ground when it was still up in the racking).
Deal Addict
Jul 30, 2001
3892 posts
3909 upvotes
GTA
ryan66 wrote: I saw that same video and was really hoping the North American one required less assembly, good to know.

The box must be twice that size (or looked that large from the ground when it was still up in the racking).
Yeah, our box is much taller.

I suspect the Euro models don't have the cabinet and base assembled like ours do. Going from memory here, but I think our grill was totally assembled save the doors on the cabinet, and the shelves on the side. All that was left after that was to place the 'flavourizer' shields and grilling surface into place.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 21, 2010
5924 posts
7346 upvotes
How do you protect these in the winter? Is a cover enough to leave it outside? All the cheaper grills my parents have had just rust away after a few years.
Be a nice person and enjoy life

My feedback: Heatware Redflagdeals
Deal Addict
Jul 30, 2001
3892 posts
3909 upvotes
GTA
fatestkid wrote: How do you protect these in the winter? Is a cover enough to leave it outside? All the cheaper grills my parents have had just rust away after a few years.
Buy the Weber cover that fits the grill, it's enough.

Expensive, but they have a three year warranty.
Aug 10, 2010
368 posts
169 upvotes
Calgary
Looks like I can pick up the 340 or get the 440 shipped to store. Do I need that 4th burner... seems rude not to get it for $100!
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2005
3135 posts
1133 upvotes
Winnipeg
jackrabbit000 wrote: I have the sear station on my S-330. It's not really needed. Steaks cook perfectly with or without it on. Most of the time I don't even bother to use it.

x2. Probably the same size as the one for my S-330, but it actually fit in my '06 Honda Odyssey.
agreed, the sear station is not really any use - wouldn't pay any extra for it.
Aug 20, 2009
9827 posts
5935 upvotes
fatestkid wrote: How do you protect these in the winter? Is a cover enough to leave it outside? All the cheaper grills my parents have had just rust away after a few years.
Just a cover is totally fine. I had my old Weber outside for 10 seasons without any rust issues. Rust issues happen more in spring than winter and it's usually due to cheap construction.
Feb 4, 2007
472 posts
124 upvotes
Toronto
Redmask wrote: Just a cover is totally fine. I had my old Weber outside for 10 seasons without any rust issues. Rust issues happen more in spring than winter and it's usually due to cheap construction.
There are some nice covers on Amazon. Amazon basics -
Oct 23, 2014
647 posts
603 upvotes
Laval, QC
ryan66 wrote: I saw that same video and was really hoping the North American one required less assembly, good to know.

nothing to do with Euro / american models. IT all depends when the grill was produced . My LX was bought last year but was manufactured in late 2017 hence the half box style which required more assembly. In 2018 Weber went to a much taller box and most of the grill was pre assembled from the factory . Probably to justify the price hike(made in the USA) from model before along with customer complaints.
Jan 14, 2005
445 posts
53 upvotes
Anyone able to locate any of the 4 burner models?
Aug 10, 2010
368 posts
169 upvotes
Calgary
Picked up one of the couple 340 Nat Gas models in Calgary. No luck locating a 440, based on the call I had sounds like there's none in Alberta.

Box was huge, didn't fit in my Enclave, had to hire a van for the delivery.

Amazon has the Weber Cover on sale @ $70, I price matched at HD when I picked up the grill last night.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)