• Jun 25th, 2019 4:47 pm
Deal Addict
Jul 30, 2001
2812 posts
1202 upvotes
GTA
ryan66 wrote:
Jun 10th, 2019 3:29 pm
I saw that same video and was really hoping the North American one required less assembly, good to know.

The box must be twice that size (or looked that large from the ground when it was still up in the racking).
Yeah, our box is much taller.

I suspect the Euro models don't have the cabinet and base assembled like ours do. Going from memory here, but I think our grill was totally assembled save the doors on the cabinet, and the shelves on the side. All that was left after that was to place the 'flavourizer' shields and grilling surface into place.
Deal Addict
Mar 21, 2010
3685 posts
1542 upvotes
Canada
How do you protect these in the winter? Is a cover enough to leave it outside? All the cheaper grills my parents have had just rust away after a few years.
Be a nice person and enjoy life

My feedback: Heatware Redflagdeals
Deal Addict
Jul 30, 2001
2812 posts
1202 upvotes
GTA
fatestkid wrote:
Jun 10th, 2019 3:53 pm
How do you protect these in the winter? Is a cover enough to leave it outside? All the cheaper grills my parents have had just rust away after a few years.
Buy the Weber cover that fits the grill, it's enough.

Expensive, but they have a three year warranty.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 28, 2007
5637 posts
2023 upvotes
Alberta
ODoyleRulz wrote:
Jun 9th, 2019 11:22 am
Nice deal, I’m looking to upgrade my Weber Q, it’s been a great BBQ. I’d get one with the Sear Station (extra close Burner). You’ll want that for steaks.
I have the sear station on my S-330. It's not really needed. Steaks cook perfectly with or without it on. Most of the time I don't even bother to use it.
N8Magic wrote:
Jun 10th, 2019 2:25 pm
And the box was quite large, I had to rent one of the Home Depot vans to get it home.
x2. Probably the same size as the one for my S-330, but it actually fit in my '06 Honda Odyssey.
Aug 10, 2010
252 posts
113 upvotes
Calgary
Looks like I can pick up the 340 or get the 440 shipped to store. Do I need that 4th burner... seems rude not to get it for $100!
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2005
2533 posts
240 upvotes
jackrabbit000 wrote:
Jun 10th, 2019 4:20 pm
I have the sear station on my S-330. It's not really needed. Steaks cook perfectly with or without it on. Most of the time I don't even bother to use it.

x2. Probably the same size as the one for my S-330, but it actually fit in my '06 Honda Odyssey.
agreed, the sear station is not really any use - wouldn't pay any extra for it.
Aug 20, 2009
7036 posts
1722 upvotes
Grimsby
fatestkid wrote:
Jun 10th, 2019 3:53 pm
Just a cover is totally fine. I had my old Weber outside for 10 seasons without any rust issues. Rust issues happen more in spring than winter and it's usually due to cheap construction.
Feb 4, 2007
321 posts
67 upvotes
Toronto
Redmask wrote:
Jun 11th, 2019 7:44 am
Just a cover is totally fine. I had my old Weber outside for 10 seasons without any rust issues. Rust issues happen more in spring than winter and it's usually due to cheap construction.
There are some nice covers on Amazon. Amazon basics -
Oct 23, 2014
158 posts
91 upvotes
Laval, QC
ryan66 wrote:
Jun 10th, 2019 3:29 pm
I saw that same video and was really hoping the North American one required less assembly, good to know.

The box must be twice that size (or looked that large from the ground when it was still up in the racking).
nothing to do with Euro / american models. IT all depends when the grill was produced . My LX was bought last year but was manufactured in late 2017 hence the half box style which required more assembly. In 2018 Weber went to a much taller box and most of the grill was pre assembled from the factory . Probably to justify the price hike(made in the USA) from model before along with customer complaints.
Jan 14, 2005
339 posts
4 upvotes
Anyone able to locate any of the 4 burner models?
Aug 10, 2010
252 posts
113 upvotes
Calgary
Picked up one of the couple 340 Nat Gas models in Calgary. No luck locating a 440, based on the call I had sounds like there's none in Alberta.

Box was huge, didn't fit in my Enclave, had to hire a van for the delivery.

Amazon has the Weber Cover on sale @ $70, I price matched at HD when I picked up the grill last night.
Apr 19, 2003
992 posts
57 upvotes
Picked up the 440 4 burner natural gas last night and took me 2 hours or so to put together...quite easy
The box was huge for my Lexus rx350 and didn't fit intact...had to take the parts out and the box cover and it just barely made it in...thanks op!! Looking forward to using it asap!!
References under bfg_16 in Heatware 99-0-0,Ebay 125-0-0
Dec 3, 2012
45 posts
9 upvotes
bfg_16 wrote:
Jun 11th, 2019 9:50 am
Picked up the 440 4 burner natural gas last night and took me 2 hours or so to put together...quite easy
The box was huge for my Lexus rx350 and didn't fit intact...had to take the parts out and the box cover and it just barely made it in...thanks op!! Looking forward to using it asap!!
which location was this?
Sep 13, 2011
31 posts
4 upvotes
Calgary
My Weber 340 was delivered last night (which was a total shit show) but it arrived. Box was huge, popped it open and the entire center piece is assembled. Maybe 4 or 5 small boxes of parts that I'll have to built later. Thing weights a frickin' tonne! Can't want to get grilling.
Jun 5, 2008
624 posts
368 upvotes
Montreal, QC
Turns out the store I ordered one from initially tried to shaft me with a demo unit. I found another one not too far away. There was one LX S-340 left on the top shelve at the Boisbriand store near montreal if anyone is interested. The box was huge and heavy, weighs like 150 pounds. I had to take it out to fit into my corolla. The center piece is assembled but the lid is held on with 2 hinges locked by cotter pins so easy to take apart. Very happy with the quality so far, they skipped corners on the finishing but it feels solid and at the end of the day it's a BBQ, I don't need the shine.

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (1 member and 1 guest)

bobbyg9