Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Home Depot

Weber Genesis® Stainless Steel and Cast Iron Cooking Grate $50 YMMV

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 26th, 2017 1:20 pm
Aug 3, 2003
729 posts
129 upvotes
Toronto

[Home Depot] Weber Genesis® Stainless Steel and Cast Iron Cooking Grate $50 YMMV

Saw this while browsing the garden section at Home Depot, not sure if location specific. This was at Brampton West. Figured it’s a great supplement for all the clearance Weber Genesis grills recently. Box was a bit beat up because it was outside.

3 stainless steel and 1 cast iron left at of this morning, all priced at $50.

Is the regular price for the SS grate correct? $175?? Face Screaming In Fear
Images
  • IMG_1851.JPG
  • IMG_1852.JPG
37 replies
Nov 8, 2015
43 posts
41 upvotes
Kapasiwin, AB
I've seen it in some Edmonton stores but still at $98. Maybe if I wait longer, it'll drop.
Jan 19, 2017
893 posts
1056 upvotes
Kitchener
Seems like a GRATE deal! Wow, that was bad, im sorry. Make sure to season the grills before you use em!
Deal Addict
Mar 7, 2011
1254 posts
245 upvotes
Toronto
pontiac_driver wrote: Saw this while browsing the garden section at Home Depot, not sure if location specific. This was at Brampton West. Figured it’s a great supplement for all the clearance Weber Genesis grills recently. Box was a bit beat up because it was outside.

OP, which location exactly did u see them on clearance?? Mississauga Rd and Williams Parkway?
Deal Fanatic
Sep 30, 2003
7613 posts
1105 upvotes
pontiac_driver wrote: Saw this while browsing the garden section at Home Depot, not sure if location specific. This was at Brampton West. Figured it’s a great supplement for all the clearance Weber Genesis grills recently. Box was a bit beat up because it was outside.

Thanks OP, I was in the area today and swung by....there were 2 left, 1 SS and one iron, grabbed the SS one. It scanned in at $98 and cashier took the sticker off and changed to $50 manually.
My nick doesn't mean I'm happy any more than yours means you're a sex machine.
Jan 24, 2013
95 posts
36 upvotes
EDMONTON
Can any one get the measurements of each piece. Would love to grab a set of they fit on my broil king. My cast iron ones are starting to get a bit rusty.
Feb 18, 2017
63 posts
131 upvotes
Prince George, BC
Can any one get the measurements of each piece. Would love to grab a set of they fit on my broil king. My cast iron ones are starting to get a bit rusty.
I was thinking the same thing. Looks like the measurements are 19.5" x 12.9" according to amazon.com .

I'm going to get these ones for my BK to slow the rusting down (I hope):
Home Hardware
Deal Fanatic
Dec 31, 2001
8234 posts
627 upvotes
Toronto
I'm in the exact same boat.
thetall1 wrote: Can any one get the measurements of each piece. Would love to grab a set of they fit on my broil king. My cast iron ones are starting to get a bit rusty.
Aug 18, 2004
228 posts
117 upvotes
Toronto
i went by at noon today and all the SS were gone for the Genesis, only the cast iron was left and a bunch for of SS for the spirit.
Deal Addict
Mar 7, 2011
1254 posts
245 upvotes
Toronto
deelmkr wrote: i went by at noon today and all the SS were gone for the Genesis, only the cast iron was left and a bunch for of SS for the spirit.
Can you please post the SKU number for the SS?
Deal Fanatic
Jan 10, 2004
5083 posts
2804 upvotes
Edmonton
Good price.. we just replaced our almost 10 year old broil king with a new one that came with SS grates, and wow are those things heavy. I havent cooked enough yet though to be able to really compare vs the old cast iron.
Mar 8, 2007
224 posts
13 upvotes
Looking for a Genesis BBQ. Any good deals?
Deal Addict
Jan 13, 2004
1433 posts
940 upvotes
Vancouver
peliopoulos1 wrote: I was thinking the same thing. Looks like the measurements are 19.5" x 12.9" according to amazon.com .

Home Hardware
How old is your broil king? Looks like it's a signet model? It seems it's very common for broil king cast iron grates to rust so they tell people to just brush off the rust and reseason the grates more often. However, I don't understand how they think it's ok to do that when the rust is caused by the thin matte porcelain coating flaking off. Reseasoning doesn't stop the porcelain from flaking and getting into food. I have a feeling the problem is caused by a combination of poor quality chinese grates used on the broil king and also the fact that broil king BBQs get very hot when knobs are turned to high. I've cooked on a Weber q many times and the weber porcelain coated cast iron does not suffer from this problem.

In the end I switched to stainless grates because I didn't want to ingest the flaking porcelain coating.
Mar 21, 2002
896 posts
45 upvotes
Vancouver
Home Depot in Burnaby does not seem to have this deal? Seems very YMMV
Feb 18, 2017
63 posts
131 upvotes
Prince George, BC
turbo_slug wrote: How old is your broil king? Looks like it's a signet model? It seems it's very common for broil king cast iron grates to rust so they tell people to just brush off the rust and reseason the grates more often. However, I don't understand how they think it's ok to do that when the rust is caused by the thin matte porcelain coating flaking off. Reseasoning doesn't stop the porcelain from flaking and getting into food. I have a feeling the problem is caused by a combination of poor quality chinese grates used on the broil king and also the fact that broil king BBQs get very hot when knobs are turned to high. I've cooked on a Weber q many times and the weber porcelain coated cast iron does not suffer from this problem.

In the end I switched to stainless grates because I didn't want to ingest the flaking porcelain coating.
I do have the Signet and the cast iron started rusting early despite seasoning. However, mine were not porcelain coated (at least, I don't think they were). It's time to replace them, so I'm hoping the porcelain coated aftermarket ones are going to be OK.

Where did you get Stainless Steel grates?
May 8, 2016
294 posts
328 upvotes
Grayson M wrote: Home Depot in Burnaby does not seem to have this deal? Seems very YMMV
Title says YMMV, not sure why it's suddenly "very YMMV" because it's not available in a suburb like Burnaby BC Face With Tears Of Joy
Deal Expert
Jan 15, 2006
21392 posts
23735 upvotes
Richmond Hill
My genesis has cast iron grates and after 5 years no rust.
Oct 31, 2010
914 posts
812 upvotes
Edmonton
peliopoulos1 wrote: I was thinking the same thing. Looks like the measurements are 19.5" x 12.9" according to amazon.com .

Home Hardware
Little bit too big for my Master Chef which is about 12.5" x 18.5". Grates for it seem to be hard to find for a decent price; any more than $100 and I might as well get a new BBQ since I'll need to replace the burners soon too.