• Jun 22nd, 2012 8:51 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Sep 18, 2009
144 posts
34 upvotes

[Canadian Tire] Weber Q 100 Portable Gas BBQ $149

Home Depot's got a sale back on for the Weber Q 100 Portable Gas Barbeque for $149. It's marked down from $199 to $179 and now down to $149.

I was at Canadian Tire with my family looking for a portaBBQ for some casual cooking in the backyard and at the beach, but decided against it. Went to a nearby Home Depot anyway and saw them on sale. Being an appropriately skeptical RFDer, I checked prices on my phone and found that the price is basically on par with US prices, making it a very warm deal (puns aside ;) ). Went to the one near Grandview and Boundary and they have good stock.

I haven't opened mine yet but from what I could tell playing with the model in-store...

Pros:
- Very sturdy feel
- Solid grill, with very narrow gaps to prevent food from falling in but still allows juices to come out
- Removable foil tray at the bottom to collect drippings
- Heat pipe designed to distribute heat evenly, meaning no need for coals/bricks

Cons:
- Fairly heavy
- Pull cart sold separately
- Cover sold separately
- Doesn't come in any other colour for this model, unless you go for the more expensive electric version

This seems to be one of the better portaBBQs either CT or HD carry, so please chime in if you have any personal experience with it. I'm more than okay with taking it back if it means finding better bang for my buck :lol: . Also, am I the only one who thinks 'barbeque' instead of 'barbecue' is the better spelling? :cheesygri
8 replies
Deal Addict
Sep 10, 2008
4482 posts
2219 upvotes
Kitchener
Bad deal........Q120 was $126 at Lowes last year......has a temperature gauge, maybe other features the 100 doesn't.
Sep 19, 2007
304 posts
159 upvotes
Vancouver
I'm in the market for a Q120 as well
Dec 11, 2009
207 posts
29 upvotes
Vancouver
I bought the Q100 last year and it's GREAT! Used it a lot last summer and already about a dozen times since May this year. Heats up fast and output is really good. Can cook a 1" steak perfectly with 5min each side on the lowest heat setting (medium rare). Honestly I don't think you'll miss the temp guage after you've used it a few times. The grill design is quite good with even temp distribution. The thing is a little heavy but build quality is really good. Haven't had any issues with mine at all, and I've thrown it in the back of the trunk many times for BBQ'ing at the park, etc. Quite happy with the purchase!
Mar 17, 2006
220 posts
8 upvotes
Montreal
i got the q120 a few weeks ago for $170 at home hardware. compared to the q100, you get the temp gauge, integrated folding table & an electric starter. the grill is perfect for me. work likes a big grill & it's portable.
Jul 26, 2007
581 posts
52 upvotes
For a single condo-dweller, this grill is all you need. This is a fairly good price since I paid 149 nearly 3 years ago.

Since I've owned it, the only thing which it has had trouble with is salmon on a cedar plank.
Deal Addict
Nov 26, 2003
2001 posts
250 upvotes
Canada
chev4x4 wrote:
Jun 16th, 2012 2:33 am
Q120 is on sale at sears for $199.

http://www.sears.ca/product/weber-q120- ... 130-516501

Is Q120 worth extra $50?

I have both the Q300 and a Q100... My Q100 is still in the box - planning to use it this summer on camping trips. Is the Q120 worth an extra $50? I would say if you can afford the extra $50, go for it. You do get a few extra features with the Q120 compared to the Q100 - electronic ignition, thermometer, shelves(?), and of course the higher lid.
[OP]
Sep 18, 2009
144 posts
34 upvotes
Hey y'all,

Thanks for all the input! The temp gauge, extra headroom, igniter, and the "wings" seemed like they would be handy, so I kept an eye out for Q 120 deals and whaddaya know, I stumble onto this thread.

All charcoal and portaBBQs are 20% off at Lowe's, making the Q 120 $151 before taxes. Picked one up at the New West location (there were around 8 or so when I got there yesterday), going to return my Home Depot Q 120. Still getting a bit of rain so can't use it just yet, but those burgers are getting their beauty sleep in the freezer in the meantime.