Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Home Depot

YMMV Canary home security system $60 from $240 ???and Netatmo $50 from $220???

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 13th, 2018 9:25 pm
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2012
2528 posts
1241 upvotes
Hamilton, Ontario
Security cameras are hard to keep working in Canada. Last week my font camera suddenly dropped from 67% charge to 0%, even though it was plugged in to USB power. That could indicate the battery was frozen, so I took it in right away before it could burst. It accepted a charge again, but chances are if I had waited I would had another did Ring camera.
Deal Addict
May 23, 2009
3681 posts
2388 upvotes
Mississauga
If anyone grabbed multiple units want to get rid of a netatmo, Let me know
Deal Fanatic
Jan 10, 2010
7393 posts
2944 upvotes
Calgary
BRAISKI wrote: Whats going on the Photobucket now? Subscription? I haven't used it in maybe 5yrs.
About six months ago, Photobucket changed their service from free to $400 a year, the fee applied to everyone including existing customers. Many people have thousands of images stored there, if not paid up the images became unusable. I only had hundreds fortunately I also had the same images stored on my computer so I just stopped using PB all together.
Deal Addict
Jul 3, 2007
1787 posts
179 upvotes
althetrainer wrote: About six months ago, Photobucket changed their service from free to $400 a year, the fee applied to everyone including existing customers. Many people have thousands of images stored there, if not paid up the images became unusable. I only had hundreds fortunately I also had the same images stored on my computer so I just stopped using PB all together.
WOW!!!! I'm glad I stopped using the service!
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2010
1730 posts
5253 upvotes
Montreal
Why not just order a few xiaomi xiaofang/dafang ip cameras instead?
They generally go for 20usd and have motion detection, app alerts, transmit voice, micro sd slot, remote access, and some automation you can setup.
Deal Guru
Sep 28, 2010
10950 posts
3262 upvotes
Why the downvotes on this? If you don’t like the subscription get the Netatmo.
Deal Addict
Dec 16, 2011
3097 posts
1514 upvotes
QC, Canada
Any sku for the netatmo? Thanks!!
Apr 30, 2011
41 posts
1 upvote
Ajax
Wasn't able to find the Netatmo in Ajax, ON. They said they dont carry it.
Deal Addict
May 23, 2009
3681 posts
2388 upvotes
Mississauga
Netatmo is sku 1000856780.
Deal Addict
Dec 30, 2006
1247 posts
1594 upvotes
Toronto
zdpz wrote: I have the Arlo Pro and Arlo Pro 2, both are hands dowb the best non-subscription free cam with a ton of features.

Netgear makes them, and Netgear isn't some crappy no-Name company like Canary, so I'm sure it will remain free subscription (7 days) for the life of the product.
How do they do in the cold? I hear the arlo is good.. But cold weather performance isn't great.
Feb 14, 2008
138 posts
194 upvotes
Sudbury
ceredon wrote: Why the downvotes on this? If you don’t like the subscription get the Netatmo.
No kidding. Fabulous price on the Netatmo. Thanks OP!
Aug 22, 2016
227 posts
136 upvotes
Just set it up...pretty nifty. The facial recognition works well in the dark. Well worth the 45$!
Deal Fanatic
Jul 26, 2005
6292 posts
38091 upvotes
Montreal
Thanks OP. Picked up the only one that was at St-Constant HD. Easy to setup.
Oct 17, 2008
284 posts
79 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
krazykanuck wrote: Thanks OP. Picked up the only one that was at St-Constant HD. Easy to setup.
Could you share your receipt with me? I found one in Edmonton but the price shown up as $109.
Sep 28, 2015
925 posts
1124 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
Does the Canary at least still has 24 hours free video storage (as still advertised on their website)?

I read the reviews about Netatmo on Amazon and many people comment that the product gets really hot (60 degrees) which concerns me.

Another issue with these products is that even if they do not have a subscription, they only last as long as the company. If the company goes down, you won't get live streaming any more I suppose. So in that sense it is better to buy something from a larger company. For example my many years old DLink camera has bad quality image (compared to newer products) but at least it still works.
Nov 27, 2013
165 posts
194 upvotes
Winnipeg
No, thats the Netatmo Welcome tag. I found the tag and empty boxes at two separate stores, neither could find any actual stock though.
Jan 2, 2018
19 posts
30 upvotes
London North has at least 1 Canary camera in stock with clearance tag of $60. They had one netatmo camera that I picked up, but rang up at $108. Still seemed like a good price for the unit. The canary is by the checkout in lockup.