Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Home Depot

YMMV: Ecosmart Zigbee Smart bulbs clearance $7.50 for A19, GU10, PAR20

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 26th, 2018 1:04 am
Feb 13, 2018
124 posts
185 upvotes
Mississauga
Thanks OP. Worked great with my wink hub to go with my other Philips and zigbee bulbs.
Deal Addict
Jan 23, 2004
3970 posts
3749 upvotes
GVRD
Hobbesgsr wrote: That's what I've been doing and these smart switches/dimmers (and accessory/slave switches) together really add up in cost. I've installed Leviton and GE/Jasco brands at an average cost of $60-$70 per set.
The only exception I found is the Zooz brand (~$45) where it works with your regular 3 way switch with some slight rewiring.

I ended up just replacing a single 2 bulb ceiling light controlled by 3 way switches with two of these and told the family not to touch them (maybe add tape like Wizard1 or glue gun them). $15 solution versus $45 to $60.Winking Face
These thing adds up and some times you wonder if they are worth the premium, especially if you have colour bulbs like Lifx or Hue. I wish I could install more of the Zooz but the boxes behind the switches are too narrow to fit any more.
Oct 2, 2017
3 posts
Just got 16 bulbs from 10885 Leslie St, Richmond Hill, ON L4S 0B2 - i cleared it all . other varieties still available on sale .
Jan 14, 2011
84 posts
14 upvotes
Calgary, AB
Thanks OP

BR30s were also on clearance for 8$ at my local HD. I picked up the last 3 at Calgary Shawnessy but they still had some A19s.
Jul 23, 2005
700 posts
17 upvotes
Mississauga
Do the saveon coupons apply to these bulbs?
Jul 12, 2003
259 posts
160 upvotes
Richmond Hill
ratatapa wrote: Like i said, the Hue dimmer is 29$, and it has a dimmer + on/off button, if you put a magnet behind a blank plate, you can put the dimmer on it, and it comes cheaper then the Lutron Cseta imo
Also, like I said, it depends how many bulbs you're replacing and the kind of solution you want to create. The Lutrons or equivalent smart switches are really for people that like the old school style of being able to control the lights at the switch with the added convenience of a separate remote. You can certainly do your solution, but if your wifi cuts out, your dimmer switch attached to the wall will be useless.
Deal Addict
Nov 28, 2013
3233 posts
1383 upvotes
Quebec
nVINCEble wrote: Also, like I said, it depends how many bulbs you're replacing and the kind of solution you want to create. The Lutrons or equivalent smart switches are really for people that like the old school style of being able to control the lights at the switch with the added convenience of a separate remote. You can certainly do your solution, but if your wifi cuts out, your dimmer switch attached to the wall will be useless.

Just get Zwave switch then
Feb 10, 2013
212 posts
97 upvotes
Easy fix for those worried about others accidently turning off the main switch is to modify your switches into momentary Normally Closed switches. Really easy for paddle switches, just pop the paddle out with a screwdriver and put a price of resilient foam or other appropriate material under the "off" side. This way, they're always on, but if they loose sync, you can still push+hold the light switch for off. Nice to override if you want to turn them on (as they default to on on a power cycle) and to initiate the pairing/exclusion sequence (on 3 seconds, off 3 seconds, repeat 4 times until bulb(s) dim).

Don't rip on me if you think it's unsafe. Be smart and don't use anything flammable, especially if the switch is on a multi gang box with other dimmers that get hot.

On a three way circuit,i also rewired the main switch with both the traveller wire and hot wire to line, so that both positions on both switches always result in a closed circuit.

*** I am not an electrician. If you don't understand what you're doing or if this doesn't make sense to you, don't attempt this. I'm pretty sure it's agains code, not that it's unsafe, but probably very unconventional and specific. Don't work on hot circuits, always turn off the breaker.
Last edited by aingco on Apr 10th, 2018 9:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Feb 10, 2013
212 posts
97 upvotes
Any1 know if there's still stock in the GVR, Surrey/langely ?
Dec 8, 2013
783 posts
727 upvotes
British Columbia
aingco wrote: Any1 know if there's still stock in the GVR, Surrey/langely ?
i see stock online but not at this price. would like to know for GVR as well
Customer of:
Rogers/Red Wireless and Fizz Mobile
Deal Expert
Dec 26, 2010
25984 posts
10377 upvotes
No Ecosmart anything on clearance at the Thunder Bay store. Bought one at the regular price just to test it out. Would have been great to get a couple more for half price...

...and in very tiny letters on the package it says it has to have the Wink Hub to use with a mobile app. So, what good is the bulb without the Hub?
Last edited by DougO on May 10th, 2018 3:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Oct 7, 2009
764 posts
531 upvotes
Toronto
Anyone spotted discounted price recently in M'sauga ?
I am a Public Mobile subscriber
I am a Koodo subscriber
Deal Fanatic
Jul 26, 2005
6292 posts
38091 upvotes
Montreal
Still have not seen these reductions in the Montreal area HD's..
Jul 14, 2015
50 posts
52 upvotes
Calgary, Alberta
From what I understand this was Home Depot's "house brand" for smart lights. I really like their RGBW bulbs, which have been out of stock in every store near me for months. I guess they aren't going to be making these anymore, according to my local store manager.

If you're a SmartThings user, there are some custom device types for the EcoSmart RGBW bulbs. I have one I found on the forums and tweaked a little that I really like. If you want it, PM me.
Jul 14, 2015
50 posts
52 upvotes
Calgary, Alberta
DougO wrote: ...and in very tiny letters on the package it says it has to have the Wink Hub to use with a mobile app. So, what good is the bulb without the Hub?
They will work with any Zigbee hub. Wink, SmartThings, etc.