Hot Deals

[Home Depot] YMMV HUSKY Deluxe 3-Drawer Work Bench with Pegboard Backing $119

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 19th, 2019 10:49 pm
Aug 7, 2005
797 posts
194 upvotes
Toronto
If anyone spots one in Toronto give me a shout.

[removed]
Last edited by Mars2012 on Jun 12th, 2019 9:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: bst not allowed in hot deals
Nov 21, 2018
25 posts
20 upvotes
Markham
A little late to post, but I was at stockyards on sunday and got the last one from there. It was in the shelving/toolbench department in the hardware section. On the floor standing upright in one of the racks. I was able to locate it based on being in vaughan and they had none, but was able to grab a pic of local stock:

I havent put mine together yet but it seems like a good fit for my space, if slightly a little bit deep. Would be a bit better if it was 22" instead of 25" but I don't think it will be much difference for me. Good luck finding one!
Jan 31, 2015
28 posts
12 upvotes
North York, ON
GSD wrote:
Jun 1st, 2019 5:52 pm
Anyone assemble this an find the wooden top warped so much that it rocks?
My wood top also doesn’t sit flat. Getting alot of wobble it’s almost unuseable. I tried calling husky to get a replacement and they told me to return the item after it took a few hours to assemble. Now I have to disassemble it and somehow fit everything back in the box.
Deal Addict
Jul 5, 2005
2520 posts
455 upvotes
Toronto
Koolbeans wrote:
Jun 15th, 2019 10:02 am
My wood top also doesn’t sit flat. Getting alot of wobble it’s almost unuseable. I tried calling husky to get a replacement and they told me to return the item after it took a few hours to assemble. Now I have to disassemble it and somehow fit everything back in the box.
I was told by HD to return the whole thing after assembling it. Luckily I just took the top back and swapped it out.
Jan 31, 2015
28 posts
12 upvotes
North York, ON
GSD wrote:
Jun 15th, 2019 10:06 am
I was told by HD to return the whole thing after assembling it. Luckily I just took the top back and swapped it out.
I will try that. It’s already hard enough to find a Home Depot that still has these in stock.
Deal Addict
Oct 8, 2009
1335 posts
659 upvotes
Kitchener
Koolbeans wrote:
Jun 15th, 2019 1:06 pm
I will try that. It’s already hard enough to find a Home Depot that still has these in stock.
How bad is the warping? Can you sand out the high spots as a worst case? Or If you are one of the ppl that got it for $60, I'd get some plywood and make a new top lol.
Deal Addict
Aug 12, 2010
1023 posts
562 upvotes
Southern Ontario
Koolbeans wrote:
I found my table top wobbled so I flipped it over and it was much better.

Anyone else notice the drawers aren't seated well? I had a small one drop on one side, same with the large. It's almost as if the drawer slides are not mounted close Enough.

Otherwise, really pleased with it. Nice height on bench, and looks great.

Thanks again OP.
Mar 16, 2018
38 posts
13 upvotes
BornToSave wrote:
Jun 17th, 2019 12:59 am

Anyone else notice the drawers aren't seated well? I had a small one drop on one side, same with the large. It's almost as if the drawer slides are not mounted close Enough.

Thanks again OP.
This happened to me too, I noticed that the drawer bracket "pops" in. It took a somewhat less than gentle knock to get it in but now all drawers slide nicely (I have 2 units)
Deal Addict
Oct 8, 2009
1335 posts
659 upvotes
Kitchener
plugg3din wrote:
Jun 17th, 2019 2:14 am
This happened to me too, I noticed that the drawer bracket "pops" in. It took a somewhat less than gentle knock to get it in but now all drawers slide nicely (I have 2 units)
Same.

I also slightly unscrewed the bolts holding the leg and squeezed the entire thing tighter. this helped. also have 2 units.
Deal Addict
Oct 8, 2009
1335 posts
659 upvotes
Kitchener
Koolbeans wrote:

GSD wrote:
Jun 15th, 2019 10:06 am

BornToSave wrote:
Jun 17th, 2019 12:59 am

Thanks again OP.
Called huskey support. Top had lil damage. Was advised to return after a few days of them contacting vendor. Told them I didnt want to return and for them to connect with store management to work something out. They advised store manager of situation. I was told to go into store and discuss.

They returned the 119 plus tax and resold for 50 plus tax. I did not bring the unit with me, but had pic of damage.

Just an FYI. Huge YMMV and please be polite, because they really dont have to do anything.

EDIT: I did say to the store manager, I would just build a new top, and that's why I didnt want to return the unit.