[Home Depot] YMMV Milwaukee Tape Measure & Driver Bits @ HD

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 12th, 2019 8:21 pm
Sep 2, 2007
165 posts
85 upvotes
blazed16 wrote:
Jul 11th, 2019 6:52 pm
The dollarama ones and this one dont compare. Do what the poster said hold mid air and the dollarstore one wil fall down drunk (they bend)
I recently just bought a Dollarama one to replace a previous one that broke. Sadly the second broke within a few days when I used it near the max length, the internal spring snapped or something the same way on both and they don't really fully retract anymore, but the tape does surprisingly stay relatively straight compared to other tape measures I've used. I think I'd buy it again but try not to use it anywhere near the max 25' (I think). But definitely considering having at least one quality non-disposable tape measure now.
Dec 29, 2017
121 posts
47 upvotes
Apparently this stud tape was OK but needed improvements. Have not used it first hand, but a new version has been announced. No idea when it’ll trickle to Canada, maybe fall/winter this year...
Jun 8, 2010
97 posts
12 upvotes
User511552 wrote:
Jul 12th, 2019 5:07 pm
Yep.

I was sitting on my couch at one end of my living room and it managed to reach my girlfriends face who was sitting on the couch on the other side of the room without going limp....managed to stay erect even after a few good swats.

I guess you could say I was more impressed than she......

I don’t think the reviews were all that great in comparison to Stanley or Dewalt but hey it’s a cheap STUD.
LOL Im glad im not the only one that annoys their better half with this game.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 8, 2009
9601 posts
4344 upvotes
User511552 wrote:
Jul 12th, 2019 5:07 pm
Yep.

I was sitting on my couch at one end of my living room and it managed to reach my girlfriends face who was sitting on the couch on the other side of the room without going limp....managed to stay erect even after a few good swats.

I guess you could say I was more impressed than she......

I don’t think the reviews were all that great in comparison to Stanley or Dewalt but hey it’s a cheap STUD.
Same here i do it all the timeto wife, haha, She must have a nice face :)
ING Direct since the beginning! Tangerine to the end!
Buy first think later!
Dont tell wife!
Deal Addict
Jun 9, 2011
1214 posts
379 upvotes
Toronto
I got all excited and went to Newmarket HD. In my opinion, these tape worth $15 at most. Kinda disappointed, didn't get it.

I have the best 8m/26ft Milwaukee tape produced. It has measurements printed on both side, finger stop, magnetic, nylon protection. And that's a $35 regular. On sale could be low $20s.