Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Home Depot

Ymmv. Philip hue 3rd Gen -$99

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 16th, 2018 11:36 am
Dec 5, 2015
765 posts
926 upvotes
Verdun, QC
Anyone knows if Ikea bulb are also compatible with hue light switch through hub?
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2011
4226 posts
3152 upvotes
Markham
Just an FYI: IKEA RGB bulb is only 600 lumens vs. 800 lumens latest Philips Color bulb.
Deal Addict
Jun 9, 2005
1919 posts
562 upvotes
Calgary
X24Secret wrote: Just an FYI: IKEA RGB bulb is only 600 lumens vs. 800 lumens latest Philips Color bulb.
I didn't realize Ikea had smart home RGB bulbs. Where are you seeing these? I use a few Tradfri with my setup right now, but I could only find white and white ambiance
Deal Addict
Jul 11, 2008
1649 posts
1813 upvotes
tark514 wrote: Anyone knows if Ikea bulb are also compatible with hue light switch through hub?

Maybe @Canadiansinner will know, I can try this once I get some.
X24Secret wrote: Just an FYI: IKEA RGB bulb is only 600 lumens vs. 800 lumens latest Philips Color bulb.
I noticed that too, for ambiance lighting it's fine, but I would like reading lights to be brighter.
Canadiansinner wrote: My IKEA GU10 bulbs arrive tommorow. So I’ll be testing those out too.
These GU10 are Fantastically priced at IKEA! I hope they work!

Mp
Jan 30, 2014
3 posts
2 upvotes
OTTAWA
I can confirm that the IKEA Tradfri bulbs do work with the Philips Hue hub.

I have 4 GU10 and 2 color E26.

I don't know if you can pair them directly with the HUE hub, I'm using the Hue Lights app and Touchlink.

You do have to pair them one at a time and make sure that all other lights are off.

You can also use the remote that comes with the E26 after you've paired the bulb with the Hue hub.

App I'm using: https://itunes.apple.com/ca/app/hue-lig ... 09425?mt=8
To paire the bulbs with the Hue app and remote:
Oct 16, 2004
351 posts
11 upvotes
TrackerJacker wrote: why do you need the remote for if you have the hub? can you not just open app and switch it on or just say alexa turn on?
just curious to know what benefit remote is providing here. also how much is the remote?
you don't need the remote to use the bulb, but it is an extra button that you can put on the coffee table or whatnot to control the light
Dec 23, 2010
292 posts
362 upvotes
Toronto
MexicanPeso wrote:

Maybe @Canadiansinner will know, I can try this once I get some.

I noticed that too, for ambiance lighting it's fine, but I would like reading lights to be brighter.

Mp
So the IKEA RGB bulbs are rated at 600 lumens at 2700k.

I went on philips hue’s site and it turns out that they’re at 800 lumens only at 4000k.

Closest colour temp for the hue was 3000k, and at that temp, it outputs 570 lumens.

I couldn’t find data on what the IKEA’s bulb is capable of at 4000k, but at least around the warm white region, they are comparable in brightness, even slightly brighter(at least on advertised tech specs)
Deal Addict
Jul 11, 2008
1649 posts
1813 upvotes
jean83luc wrote: I can confirm that the IKEA Tradfri bulbs do work with the Philips Hue hub.

I don't know if you can pair them directly with the HUE hub, I'm using the Hue Lights app and Touchlink.

You do have to pair them one at a time and make sure that all other lights are off.

You can also use the remote that comes with the E26 after you've paired the bulb with the Hue hub.

Thanks! Fantastic Video!

Mp
Oct 25, 2009
701 posts
215 upvotes
Calgary
MexicanPeso wrote: Maybe @Canadiansinner will know, I can try this once I get some.

Mp
Can you get the gu10 in color i looked on ikea site but didnt see any of them listed as color, thanks
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2017
1525 posts
3027 upvotes
jean83luc wrote: I can confirm that the IKEA Tradfri bulbs do work with the Philips Hue hub.

How did you pair your GU10 bulbs? I'm using these for the lights above my kitchen island and have no way of getting them close to the philips hue bridge.
Dec 23, 2010
292 posts
362 upvotes
Toronto
The RGB bulb is only available as a kit with the switch...for now
Nov 25, 2015
317 posts
527 upvotes
the Wet Coast
Anyone in BC/AB that can post a receipt? Pls
Deal Addict
Feb 9, 2009
2896 posts
2002 upvotes
GTA
mkylau wrote: Yes, I found them in Vaughan Ikea along with the other Tradfri bulbs.

Make sure you get the RGB version though, packaging is hard to differentiate
What was the price?? How many bulbs in a kit???
‎3 Apples that changed the world: the one that Eve ate, the one that fell on Newton's head and the one that Steve Jobs built.
R.I.P Steve jobs...!!
Jun 24, 2016
624 posts
448 upvotes
Toronto
I went yesterday to HD to buy two more sets for my home and used my own receipt to price matched .
Jan 30, 2014
3 posts
2 upvotes
OTTAWA
Canadiansinner wrote: How did you pair your GU10 bulbs? I'm using these for the lights above my kitchen island and have no way of getting them close to the philips hue bridge.
With a really long ethernet cable and extension lol
Deal Addict
Feb 15, 2009
1661 posts
511 upvotes
Usher9387 wrote: I went yesterday to HD to buy two more sets for my home and used my own receipt to price matched .
Went to two different HD stores. Both did not want to price match for me, since it was from a different province.
Oct 4, 2009
477 posts
616 upvotes
Coquitlam, BC
SmittyB wrote: Anyone in BC/AB that can post a receipt? Pls
Would appreciate this as well!
Jun 24, 2016
624 posts
448 upvotes
Toronto
That's sad. when i went first time the manager literally told me, she suppose not to do price match with other HD but she want's to honor the price so she did it first time.

When i went yesterday there was a different manager.I told about the story and shown my receipt the one purchased earlier he said right way please give us 5 star review and ask the counter person to adjust the price.

I really like the ambiance lights now.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)