Expired Hot Deals

[Home Hardware] 20L jerry can $8.97

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 26th, 2017 6:28 pm
Feb 5, 2007
463 posts
44 upvotes
Thanks OP. price matched two at Canadiantire. + 10% in ctc money? Good deal.
Apr 7, 2015
10 posts
Canada
Went to one canadian tire and they wouldn't piece match because home hardware was located outside the city. Went to another one and they priced matched it
Deal Fanatic
Sep 13, 2003
8488 posts
491 upvotes
minhduo wrote:
Mar 19th, 2017 8:22 pm
Went to one canadian tire and they wouldn't piece match because home hardware was located outside the city. Went to another one and they priced matched it
Ya Canadian Tire's are really crappy when it comes to price matching. Some of the reps behind the desk are clueless and don't understand the policy.
One blind human - a tragedy
Ten blind humans - a disaster
One million blind humans - a statistic
Apr 7, 2015
10 posts
Canada
Yeah, they said they only do local stores. I asked to see the policy and they tried finding the book and wasn't able to find it...
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2006
1374 posts
368 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
$17.99 showing at the Davie Street store when I enter my postal code
Nov 29, 2014
680 posts
80 upvotes
On the east coast it's 8.97.....

On the west coast it's 9.97....

Same thing a few years back but slightly different prices:

home-hardware-20l-plastic-red-jerry-gas ... a-1796117/

7.97 east
8.97 west.

Still a good price I bought one for 9.97. I could wait or look around but saving a dollar or two isn't worth my time... I priced matched at CT and got 1 dollar which paid for the taxes. About 10 dollars all in. Also, Used Tangerine CC with home hardware category for a 2% return from the CC. Which isn't very much.
I play the video games H2, WC3. I bank with low fee or no fee banks like Implicity. If you got questions ask.
Deal Addict
Sep 7, 2004
3087 posts
387 upvotes
GTEH!
Thanks OP. Price matched @CT and received 10% back in CT money.
20L is a big can. It might be beneficial when I cross the border and shop in Buffalo.
😎
Deal Addict
Sep 28, 2004
1371 posts
104 upvotes
story wrote:
Mar 18th, 2017 8:04 pm
haha
A true RFE'er will calculate potential risk/reward ratio and draw a graph with age/health/statistics from lifting injury/spillage of gasoline overtime/time saved per fill up/electricity used by pump
Use a shaker siphon hose. No electricity and not a single drop of fuel spilled. The only caveat is that you have to be able to elevate the jerry can higher than the level of the gas tank. I rest mine on a small table.

http://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/shake ... 3109p.html
Deal Addict
Mar 15, 2005
1038 posts
87 upvotes
kitty wrote:
Mar 22nd, 2017 1:35 am
Use a shaker siphon hose. No electricity and not a single drop of fuel spilled. The only caveat is that you have to be able to elevate the jerry can higher than the level of the gas tank. I rest mine on a small table.

cool, have not seen that before.
Deal Addict
Nov 19, 2003
4521 posts
1340 upvotes
A Place to Stand
kitty wrote:
Mar 22nd, 2017 1:35 am

Yes, I use something like this to fill my boat. The dock is slightly higher than where the fuel door is, so I just drop one end in the jerry can, give it a couple of hand pumps and watch the gas magically flow through the tube and fill the boat. My only complaint is that it is not a quick process, it takes a while for the gas to transfer, but that gives me time to monitor it all while having another beer on the dock on a Muskoka chair.

Nov 20, 2009
637 posts
261 upvotes
39.0392° N, 125.7625…
I have a vent-less version of this brand. It takes forever to pour in 20L of diesel fuel (which weighs a lot more than gasoline) and I am exhausted by the time the jug is empty. You have to not tilt it too much to allow air back in through the same nozzle. They cheaped out by not molding in a vent, now they have included one which makes this deal pretty good. However, they still have the nozzle with the return-air passage which restricts the flow of fuel.
Deal Addict
Sep 28, 2004
1371 posts
104 upvotes
midget_man wrote:
Mar 22nd, 2017 3:43 pm
Yes, I use something like this to fill my boat. The dock is slightly higher than where the fuel door is, so I just drop one end in the jerry can, give it a couple of hand pumps and watch the gas magically flow through the tube and fill the boat. My only complaint is that it is not a quick process, it takes a while for the gas to transfer, but that gives me time to monitor it all while having another beer on the dock on a Muskoka chair.
I haven't tried the hand-pump that you listed, but the shaker siphon pump that I use can empty the entire 22L jerry can into my gas tank in about 2-3 minutes. Since there is no active pumping mechanism once the fuel starts flowing, I assume the speed is due to the diameter of the tubing.
Deal Addict
Sep 28, 2004
1371 posts
104 upvotes
RSole wrote:
Mar 23rd, 2017 6:15 am
I have a vent-less version of this brand. It takes forever to pour in 20L of diesel fuel (which weighs a lot more than gasoline) and I am exhausted by the time the jug is empty. You have to not tilt it too much to allow air back in through the same nozzle. They cheaped out by not molding in a vent, now they have included one which makes this deal pretty good. However, they still have the nozzle with the return-air passage which restricts the flow of fuel.
With the shaker siphon pump, I have never needed to open the secondary vent on mine. Air can get in through the main hole where the tube is coming out (i.e. tube diameter is far narrower than the jerry can's main opening). The only strength you'll need is the initial lift to get the jerry can higher than your fuel door. If you then rest the can on a table or the trunk of one's car, then you won't tire out as the fuel is transferring over.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)