Home & Garden

Home Hardware Beauti-tone Natura Low VOC paint - anyone used this product yet?

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 3rd, 2011 11:32 am
Tags:
None
[OP]
Feb 19, 2009
14 posts

Home Hardware Beauti-tone Natura Low VOC paint - anyone used this product yet?

I see home hardware has paint on sale this week. I've used Beauti-tone paint before and found it very good. I noticed they have a new line of low VOC paint - Natura - can't find any reviews online and was wondering if anyone has used this product and if they liked it???

Painted with Benjamin Moore - Benn paint this week - also low VOC, nice paint, good coverage with 1 coat, but at $50.00 a can its expensive. Natura by Beauti-tone is on for $28.00 a can this week.

thanks for the input :)
2 replies
[OP]
Feb 19, 2009
14 posts
So I didnt' find any reviews online, but went ahead and bought a can of Natura by Beauti-tone. Nice paint to work with, took my time and was able to finish with 1 coat coverage. Paint dries in 1 hour and can be recoated after 6. I did the master bedroom with HC45 Shaker Beige (they match Benjamin Moore colours at Home Hardware) which covered well over the existing green colour. I slept in the same room that night, minimum paint odor - I think mainly from the colour tints they add to the paint, as the paint base is no VOC.

I liked it so much, went back and purchased 2 more cans for other rooms. Can't imagine painting with traditional latex paint again after using low/no VOC paint! I have a lot of experience painting as this is our 3rd home, all of which I have painted myself from top to bottom.
Deal Addict
Jan 19, 2011
2189 posts
426 upvotes
Generally I have found the 'regular' home hardware paints to be absolute garbage compared to other 'quality' brands (I have used Sikkens and other)

My sister works at Home Building Center in Barry's Bay, and she claims the new higher quality (ie designer series) paints are now on par with other top brands, and I suspect she is correct. It is also evident in their pricing, which at between $42 and $46 per can, is right there with other top brands (back when I got fed up with old beauti-tone paints, they traded around the $30 mark)

I don't do much painting, but loved true one coat paints.
"The truth is incontrovertible, malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end; there it is."
Just a guy who dabbles in lots of stuff learning along the way. I do have opinions, and readily share them!
× < >