None
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2003
1714 posts
266 upvotes
C-53

Home Inspector - Good exp.

RFD,

I recently had to have a home inspection done before signing off on a property and after researching I discovered David Wetmore from the forums here.

The man didn't disappoint. He was on time, did a fantastic job. Took nearly 3+ hrs on a 1650 sq townhouse but very thorough and detail oriented. He is also one of the few professionals to have and use a thermal imaging gun, which I'm told very few people in this price range do. Outside of the job, he was just a pleasant man to talk and get advice from.

Overall very positive experience.

Forgot to add his site -- http://www.canadianpropertyinspections.ca/
Standard $300+tax.

Also his report was highly customized and nicely done. I'm told other inspectors just use a standard template and check boxes to send their report. David's was a fully professional PDF with lots of info, graphs, pictures as well as links to various external sites on informative queries.
Please thank me if you find this helpful
8 replies
Oct 25, 2013
63 posts
9 upvotes
Oshawa - The Shawa
Thanks, doomhammer and RFD for the reference.

+1 . Used David for my home inspection and he is awesome. Midway of the inspection, my agent was like 'this guy is through and detailed'. On time and the inspection went for ~3.5 hrs. By the end, she was having his card and details for her own stuff.
yah, the thermal imaging gun helped as we could see the coils below the ceramic tiles on the floor.
Deal Expert
Feb 8, 2014
32134 posts
15416 upvotes
Socially Distanced
What city is he located in?
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2006
7750 posts
1635 upvotes
GTA, from google search.
Quentin5 wrote: What city is he located in?
The Devil made me buy it - RFD. :twisted:
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2007
3879 posts
298 upvotes
Toronto
Used him 2 times so far and had 3 of our friends use him as well...always been a great experience. Found him through RFD :)
Deal Fanatic
Nov 13, 2005
5897 posts
301 upvotes
GTA
Well TV's number 1 handyman HoH's just received a horrible review. It was reported in the Toronto star yesterday that the inspector from H0H's inspection company that charged $1600+ for an inspection missed something very basic in the draining system that Holmes himself preaches on his show and that is flush toilets and sinks to see if they drain properly. Turns out the homeowner received independent advice from a few plumber who all agreed that the the entire plumbing would have to be redone!!

http://www.thestar.com/business/persona ... seman.html
Deal Addict
Dec 30, 2006
1247 posts
1589 upvotes
Toronto
+1

Had David come and do an inspection of my 1800sq ft house earlier today.

He was on time and spent over three hours going over everything.

He was extremely detailed and thorough. He also took the time to explain to me everything he saw and the details behind it.

He was very professional and great to deal with.

Highly recommended.
Dec 7, 2008
116 posts
13 upvotes
Toronto
Nice to finally hear a good news story.

Unfortunately, I don't really have much faith in the home inspection process. These guys have to rely on non-invasive techniques to determine if there are problems, and at the end of the day, they're not liable in any way shape or form if they're incorrect.