Tags:
None
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jun 6, 2015
1435 posts
232 upvotes

home insurance is so expensive!

OK I have tried square one (most expensive), I've tried TD (so so until you see they have limits on sewer backdrop etc), RBC is OK but about the same price

Who else can I try that has decent insurance??
22 replies
Jul 5, 2004
22169 posts
2071 upvotes
All state, state farm, Belair direct. There's lots more too.

Contact a broker
Toronto Maple Leafs tickets for sale. PM me for details
Sep 27, 2003
8176 posts
1552 upvotes
Newmarket
I got quoted through INOVA (Costco). Dominion (Travelers) provided the best quote for me. They also kicked TD's butt on what I thought was a great rate for Auto (beat them by $1000 / year for Auto).
RFD Forums Moderator
Corporate Account Manager for a Bell Mobility Reseller
Banned
Nov 1, 2014
4317 posts
546 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Its so cheap..I pay 509 inc tax a year
Mar 21, 2006
152 posts
14 upvotes
I was wondering if everyone could post up who they're with. I'm also looking to make the switch.
Sep 27, 2003
8176 posts
1552 upvotes
Newmarket
Just called my mother's broker for a quote. Stopped her at the Auto Quote. Compared to INOVA>Dominion, her Dominion quote on Auto was $1000 more (basically what I am paying now).
Very curious as to how Costco is brokering those rates...
RFD Forums Moderator
Mar 1, 2013
15 posts
7 upvotes
I shopped around and found no deals.I always read how little others pay but best I could find was about $110 a month.I'm not sure if it is my area I live in but mine has probably tripled the last 6,7 years.
Deal Guru
Aug 2, 2001
13969 posts
4494 upvotes
Just remember it is very hard to compare what you pay to what others pay, because policies can vary greatly. Those who are paying $25/month are most likely not getting anywhere near the coverage of someone paying $100/month. Now, they may not want it which is fine, but it makes it hard to compare prices without comparing what you are getting. So make sure when you are getting quotes they are similar in coverage, otherwise you may go for a cheap one which could be missing something important (say a larger amount on your jewelry coverage).
Deal Guru
Aug 2, 2010
10837 posts
2134 upvotes
LandKing wrote:
Jul 16th, 2015 1:14 am
Its so cheap..I pay 509 inc tax a year
um, kinda depends on the house and your level of coverage! LMAO!

You ain't gonna get $509 in Rosedale!

I got 1/3rd the price of RBC with Square One.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jun 6, 2015
1435 posts
232 upvotes
Thanks, guys, finally ONE broker came through, the rest were rubbish.

Square One was DOUBLE that of TD for me and higher than RBC given their deductible was 2.5 as high..
Mar 1, 2013
15 posts
7 upvotes
Carebra wrote:
Jul 17th, 2015 1:45 am
Thanks, guys, finally ONE broker came through, the rest were rubbish.

Square One was DOUBLE that of TD for me and higher than RBC given their deductible was 2.5 as high..
If you don't mind me asking,what company was best for you?I'm not sure why mine is so high but I got quotes from 4 or 5 places and all were roughly the same.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jun 6, 2015
1435 posts
232 upvotes
Sorry for the late response - I find that different companies are different depending on valuer, but I finally found a broker who was good and found me a good rate. Not ALL brokers are good...

The $ premium was actually comparable to TD but TD have a limit on sewer backwash or whatever they call it so when I was evaluating, I always tried to understand the fine print, and so I was happy with this broker.

Which province are you in, if you are in BC I can PM you broker.
Sep 27, 2003
8176 posts
1552 upvotes
Newmarket
Just got another quote through another Broker and AVIVA. So much more money than the other broker and Costco (INOVA).
I wonder what's causing Costco's rates through Dominion to be so much cheaper...
RFD Forums Moderator