None
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 4, 2004
2098 posts
3 upvotes
Montreal, Quebec

Home Outfitters/Deco Decouvert Rant

Hey guys, I was wondering if [rfdlink=88]Home Outfitters[/rfdlink]/Deco Decouvert, price match other stores. I know that the website price matches as does [rfdlink=111]the bay[/rfdlink] and [rfdlink=115]zellers[/rfdlink], but there is no info on their website if they also do the same in-store.

Thanks guys!
7 replies
Deal Addict
May 20, 2003
2864 posts
24 upvotes
I know Home Outfitters takes Linens N Things coupons. I would imagine they'd match prices too.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 4, 2004
2098 posts
3 upvotes
Montreal, Quebec
How does the pricematching coupons work...?
Deal Addict
Sep 11, 2006
1918 posts
10 upvotes
KELOWNA
Home Outfitters is part of the Bay/Zellers so price match the same as their mothership when it comes to stores they consider to be their competition (mostly Linens N Things). They will accept LNT coupons as well (which means when LNT publishes a coupon, you can take it to Home Outfitters to use and I think LNT does the same with Home Outfitters' coupons as well).
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 4, 2004
2098 posts
3 upvotes
Montreal, Quebec
I went to Deco Decouvert today with a Bay coupon that was $25 for any makeup item or home appliance and I was purchasing a toaster, I give it to the cashier and he's like this is the bay coupon and I explain to him the big sign that is right behind him that says they match competitor's coupons and he's like oh this is for makeup and i'm like yeah it also says home appliances and he's like it doesn't say home outfitters. Then I ask him what is that sign for the coupons for then and he's like oh it's for people who have free coffee coupons. I can't believe the garbage he was making up. I asked to speak to a supervisor and he's like oh he's the head cashier.

I'm like I already know this works with linen n things coupons (which I also had in hand in case they didn't accept the bay) and he just ignores me repeating that they only accept deco decouvert coupons. And continued to ignore me when I asked him to fully explain then what that sign means.
Deal Guru
Aug 20, 2005
10455 posts
1970 upvotes
When I was at Home Outfitters last month, I asked if they still took competitor's coupons since they used to have a sign that said that. The cashier said yes so I took out a LNT 20 % off coupon. The cashier then said they don't take those, they only take coupons for specific products that include the price. I asked her to double check and she checked with a colleague who agreed with her. I left the item behind and walked out saying I would go to LNT. I was going to make a complain to the head office after reading online that others were able to use LNT coupons at Home Outfitters although some say YMMV; however, I realized that the cashier did me a favour. The item I was going to purchase was grossly overpriced. I went out and bought it elsewhere for alot less without needing a coupon. I only went to HO because of the HBC rewards coupon.
Jun 2, 2006
253 posts
27 upvotes
VenomZeus wrote:
Aug 26th, 2008 6:40 pm
I went to Deco Decouvert today with a Bay coupon that was $25 for any makeup item or home appliance and I was purchasing a toaster, I give it to the cashier and he's like this is the bay coupon and I explain to him the big sign that is right behind him that says they match competitor's coupons and he's like oh this is for makeup and i'm like yeah it also says home appliances and he's like it doesn't say home outfitters. Then I ask him what is that sign for the coupons for then and he's like oh it's for people who have free coffee coupons. I can't believe the garbage he was making up. I asked to speak to a supervisor and he's like oh he's the head cashier.

I'm like I already know this works with linen n things coupons (which I also had in hand in case they didn't accept the bay) and he just ignores me repeating that they only accept deco decouvert coupons. And continued to ignore me when I asked him to fully explain then what that sign means.

which store in Montreal was this at? he is supposed to take ANY DIRECT competitor coupon that is presented to him. Coupons do have exclusions though such as electric appliances, henkel Knives and so on.
I used to be a manager at one of the deco stores in Montreal. Complain at head office or call the regional office in pte-claire. District manager's name is Jennifer.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 4, 2004
2098 posts
3 upvotes
Montreal, Quebec
It's the one at Fairview, I gave the cashier a $25 off bay coupon that included many items like makeup and home appliances. What I was buying at deco decouvert was a toaster so that should fit under appliances.

Today I went to the bay and used the coupon and it worked even for bath towels so anything house related fits the coupons.

The worker wouldn't even listen when I told him I know for a fact that they accept linen n things coupons. He just didn't want to listen that they are supposed to match coupons from their competitors. I sent an email to customer service and they forwarded the complaint to the head person at fairview. I then received an email from Ms. Lessard today, the store manager to that deco decouvert. She apologized about the service and they want to meet with me to compensate me in some way...

Hopefully they will compensate the amount I was supposed to get with my rebate, that's all I wanted when I bought the item.

pesttt wrote:
Aug 27th, 2008 12:15 am
which store in Montreal was this at? he is supposed to take ANY DIRECT competitor coupon that is presented to him. Coupons do have exclusions though such as electric appliances, henkel Knives and so on.
I used to be a manager at one of the deco stores in Montreal. Complain at head office or call the regional office in pte-claire. District manager's name is Jennifer.
× < >