• Last Updated:
  • Feb 23rd, 2016 7:45 pm
Tags:
None
Oct 30, 2006
14 posts
3 upvotes

Home Outfitters- Guelph Store Closing

Was in Stone Road Mall Guelph yesterday. Noticed that Home Outfitters had store closing signs everything must go. Must of just started as the discount is 20%. Same type of liquidation signs recently used in Target and TigerDirect. The store is packed with merchandise.
14 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2004
1705 posts
148 upvotes
We were at Northland Villiage in Calgary and the Home Outfitters there was doing the same thing. Wonder if something is happening country-wide....
Feb 4, 2007
781 posts
592 upvotes
The one out in Burnaby/metrotown is closing too
Deal Addict
Mar 12, 2006
2501 posts
708 upvotes
Ancaster, ON
I wouldn't be surprised if this is the start of something bigger, they closed a bunch of stores a year ago saying they want to focus more on their e-commerce strategy. This is probably a continuation of those plans.
Deal Expert
Jul 22, 2006
22438 posts
3065 upvotes
Closing down their chains

I hope they don't close everything
Deal Addict
Jul 6, 2008
2025 posts
1032 upvotes
GTA
I know they wanted to rebrand as "hudson's bay home" or something
Jan 16, 2007
20 posts
9 upvotes
The newmarket location is also closing. mostly 20-30% off items so far.
Jul 23, 2015
1 posts
1 upvote
Regina, SK
I Left the company earlier this year. Home Outfitters closed 2 stores last year and are closing 5 more this year. If they don't make up for lost sales with the mattresses and couches they just added to some locations, the brand will be gone pretty quick. If your local location doesn't have a large selection of mattresses and couches, it's on its way out.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 27, 2009
5755 posts
7939 upvotes
Ontario
ericlewis91 wrote: I know they wanted to rebrand as "hudson's bay home" or something
Most likely this is the path they are following and with the advent of US dept stores next year arriving in Canada, it's better to transition this year and be waiting for the competition!
Have new cookbooks but am not cooking anything new yet.
Feb 4, 2007
781 posts
592 upvotes
I was just by the coquitlam store by Ikea, that one was still open and no signs of big discounts. it did have small selection of mattresses
Aug 17, 2015
89 posts
37 upvotes
*superstar* wrote: The newmarket location is also closing. mostly 20-30% off items so far.
anyone know if the Newmarket location is still open
Deal Addict
Feb 22, 2016
4745 posts
4409 upvotes
The Home Outfitters store in Pickering just finished its very lengthy "liquidation sale" on Friday February 19. If you're not familiar with it, it was in the plaza directly across Kingston Road from Pickering Town Centre mall (which already has a Hudson Bay store).

They were very slow to drop prices but shoppers here, having gone through the Zellers and Target liquidations very recently, wisely held back and did not buy hardly anything for the first 2 months of the sale at 10-20 percent off. Except for the signage it didn't look like a liquidation sale, place was well stocked. The sale was a joke, prices weren't even worthy of Boxing Day in the early stages. Things didn't really start moving out until they got down to the 40% level after New Year's.

On the final day, the very few kitchen electrics left stayed at the 70% off they had been for 3 days while everything else was at 90%. Store opened at 9:30, electrics other than display models were gone by 11, and the rest was pretty much cleaned out by 4.

Here are some items we grabbed on the final three days:

Cuisinart conical burr mill, regular $125 bought for $62.50 (50% off)
KitchenAid SodaStream machine, regular $300 bought for $90 (70% off)
Laura Ashley down alternative duvet, regular $250 bought for $25
Starbucks Verismo espresso brewer, regular $100 bought for $30
(matching pod drawer/stand for the brewer, regular $30 bought for $3)
Zoku manual ice-cream maker, regular $40 bought for $4
Jamie Oliver coarse and 2-way graters, regular $20 bought for $2 each
Lekue microwave rice cooking bowl, regular $35 bought for $3.50
Essential Needs queen flat sheet, regular $30 bought for $3
J.A. Henckels lemon zester, regular $22 bought for $2.20

I wanted the Nespresso Maestria espresso brewer, regular $550, priced at $165 but I had hoped to get it for 90 off not 70. So I settled for the Verismo instead...