Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Home Outfitters

SodaStream Red Genesis Kit $59.99 clearance (or $44.99 with coupon)

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 7th, 2015 11:58 pm
Deal Guru
Feb 13, 2004
10602 posts
687 upvotes
Mississauga

[Home Outfitters] SodaStream Red Genesis Kit $59.99 clearance (or $44.99 with coupon)

I was at Home Outfitters today at SQ1 Mississauga.

Saw a whole stand of the SodaStream Red Genesis kits (machine + regular full 60L canister) for clearance 59.99. They are not in the front of the store or with the other sodastream stuff. They are on the left side of the store, close to the popcorn makers, on a stand in the center of the isle. Units have a yellow clearance sticker on them (50% off). YMMV, but you can sometimes also throw on the 20-25% coupon available in the flyer or online flyer. So if you have a HBC CC and use the 25% off coupon, your price is $44.99+tax I've never had a problem using the 25% off coupon at this location for clearance stuff. As a matter of fact, I purchased a popcorn making kit today for 50% clearance and used the coupon on it without an issue. I don't remind the cashier the item is on sale or clearance. I just purchase the item, hand them the coupon and nothing else is said :)

Best price I've seen for the Genesis. I actually own the Red Genesis (3 years now). Cheapest I've seen them were for $80. Amazon.ca has it here http://www.amazon.com/SodaStream-Genesi ... B002TYZHDK

IMHO, the Genesis is better than the $59.99 Jet on sale at Walmart that comes with a 15L canister.
23 replies
Deal Fanatic
Aug 19, 2003
5497 posts
2325 upvotes
Primo is much better then Sodastream in my opinion.
[IMG]http://www.factorydirect.ca/images/specs/PF0100.jpg[/IMG]

$59.99 at Amazon
$39.99 at FactoryDirect

They all work the same, You can use the same flavorings... Primo just gives you the same kind of tank that you use paintballing tho. Cheaper to fill. Cost me $7 to fill last time at Bronson & Bronson

Regardless of what one you pick, I also recommend getting one (or more) of these:
Nifty Soda Pump
$3.97 at Walmart
$2.99 at Bed Bath & Beyond

[IMG]http://i-store.walmart.ca/images/Large/ ... 394213.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i-store.walmart.ca/images/Large/ ... 4213_1.jpg[/IMG]
Deal Guru
Feb 13, 2004
10602 posts
687 upvotes
Mississauga
Tha DraGun wrote: Primo is much better then Sodastream in my opinion.
[IMG]http://www.factorydirect.ca/images/specs/PF0100.jpg[/IMG]

$59.99 at Amazon
$39.99 at FactoryDirect

They all work the same, You can use the same flavorings... Primo just gives you the same kind of tank that you use paintballing tho. Cheaper to fill. Cost me $7 to fill last time at Bronson & Bronson

Regardless of what one you pick, I also recommend getting one (or more) of these:
Nifty Soda Pump
$3.97 at Walmart
$2.99 at Bed Bath & Beyond

[IMG]http://i-store.walmart.ca/images/Large/ ... 394213.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i-store.walmart.ca/images/Large/ ... 4213_1.jpg[/IMG]
I got the Primo units from FD when they were $35. I find the SodaStream ones built more solid.

Refilling is around the same price range. You can get beverage maker stores refill your SodaStream canisters and Primo canisters for the same price ($9-$11). Difference is the Primo canisters hold somewhat more gas (20oz vs 16oz).

Highly recommend the pumps! Got 6 of them. Home Outfitters carries them too. $3.99 + 20-25% off coupon.
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
58648 posts
24637 upvotes
Carbonated drinks are no more harmful than drinking non-carbonated drinks, correct?
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
58648 posts
24637 upvotes
dmdsoftware2 wrote: I was at Home Outfitters today at SQ1 Mississauga.

Saw a whole stand of the SodaStream Red Genesis kits (machine + regular full 60L canister) for clearance 59.99. They are not in the front of the store or with the other sodastream stuff. They are on the left side of the store, close to the popcorn makers, on a stand in the center of the isle. Units have a yellow clearance sticker on them (50% off). YMMV, but you can sometimes also throw on the 20-25% coupon available in the flyer or online flyer. So if you have a HBC CC and use the 25% off coupon, your price is $44.99+tax I've never had a problem using the 25% off coupon at this location for clearance stuff. As a matter of fact, I purchased a popcorn making kit today for 50% clearance and used the coupon on it without an issue. I don't remind the cashier the item is on sale or clearance. I just purchase the item, hand them the coupon and nothing else is said :)

Best price I've seen for the Genesis. I actually own the Red Genesis (3 years now). Cheapest I've seen them were for $80. Amazon.ca has it here http://www.amazon.com/SodaStream-Genesi ... B002TYZHDK

IMHO, the Genesis is better than the $59.99 Jet on sale at Walmart that comes with a 15L canister.
Sweet. Didn't know coupons worked on clearance items. Maybe they're different for on sale items.
Deal Guru
Feb 13, 2004
10602 posts
687 upvotes
Mississauga
alanbrenton wrote: Carbonated drinks are no more harmful than drinking non-carbonated drinks, correct?
CO2 won't harm your health.

Generally people drink their CO2 with sugar. So say someone is debating between a glass of water vs a glass of coke, it is obvious which is "better for you". But if you compare a glass of water with a glass of soda water, their equivalent with the soda water possibly providing you better digestion (remember, 100 years ago, carbonated drinks were considered pharmaceutical, helps in digestion, putting the whole "coke" thing aside)
Deal Guru
Feb 13, 2004
10602 posts
687 upvotes
Mississauga
alanbrenton wrote: Sweet. Didn't know coupons worked on clearance items. Maybe they're different for on sale items.
It's not supported to work on sale merchandise, that's why I mentioned YMMV. It depends a lot on how the stuff rings in.

Sale merchandise will ring in with the original price and the sale price (such as this item is in the weekly sale or is % off this week), and makes it impossible for the cashier to ring in a coupon unless they override the price to force the coupon. What I notice with the clearance stuff is that it is permanently marked down, so the price becomes it's normal price. So the cash register doesn't display to the cashier that this item is on clearance.

Sometimes a cashier will be snotty and say "I see a clearance sticker on that, so I can't use a coupon". Whenever I purchase clearance stuff, I don't remind the cashier "this is on clearance" and let them just zap in the bar code, ignoring the yellow stickers. The price rings in at the correct clearance price, and then they ring in the coupon and it deducts properly.
Jun 28, 2013
204 posts
49 upvotes
Edmonton
Total noob here, but can anyone tell me the difference between the GENESIS KIT ($60) vs the $100 version? Are there different features within each model?
Deal Guru
Feb 13, 2004
10602 posts
687 upvotes
Mississauga
randyxrandy wrote: Total noob here, but can anyone tell me the difference between the GENESIS KIT ($60) vs the $100 version? Are there different features within each model?
Here are the layouts of the models:

http://www.sodastream.ca/en/drink_makers.php

The Genesis kit was $129.99 before. It's around 2-3 years old now. They all do the same thing, with some higher end ones working with the glass bottles. Some have displays that show levels of carbonation etc -- basically added bling to justify paying more. The Jet model (walmart $59) is considered the cheapest and most basic (and comes with a starter 15L CO2 canister). Genesis does exactly what that one does, but has look that will blend more into a typical kitchen etc. The Genesis comes with the regular, full size 60L CO2 canister.
Nov 16, 2007
439 posts
53 upvotes
Not available at the Innes location in Gloucester or the Mer Bleue location in Orleans. =).
Mar 21, 2013
541 posts
451 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
Thinking about picking up the primo from Factory Direct for 39.99, but damn that Genesis is much more attractive. Anyone know where to get food-grade CO2 in Ottawa? I don't want to worry about what industrial lubricants are in my drink.
Banned
Oct 15, 2005
12954 posts
1617 upvotes
North York
ok this thread has my attention.
first person to show me a dr pepper clone recipe that we can split in large batches gets my donation to start a group buy/split.
i like this home made soda idea.
Nov 13, 2005
322 posts
38 upvotes
Vancouver
Anyone know if this is a chain wide clearance or only at OP's location? I would especially like to know if anyone has seen this at the Richmond, BC location for this price.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 19, 2003
5497 posts
2325 upvotes
infamouskid wrote: ok this thread has my attention.
first person to show me a dr pepper clone recipe that we can split in large batches gets my donation to start a group buy/split.
i like this home made soda idea.
Not cheap, but it would last you a while..
Just need to change the ratio. Can't remember exactly what it is right now tho.
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Dr-Pepper-Syrup- ... 418&_uhb=1

To get at the syrup you can either buy a nozzle, or just cut the bag open and pour in other jars.

Found it:
if you have 25 oz of water you would use 5 oz of syrup. You may add or subtract syrup to your own personal taste.

With soda Stream you may need to tilt the bottle back and forth a bit to be sure it is mixed properly. BIB syrup is thicker (because it's got more sugar) then Soda Stream's syrup, so mixing may take a bit more effort. (with exception of Diet BIB syrups) 1 gallon of BIB syrup should produce about 6 gallons of finished product so that means about 22 liters for Soda Steam.
Feb 6, 2010
568 posts
146 upvotes
Vancouver
Staples has the Jet Sodastream for $47. It comes with a 60L canister. This model can take a 24oz paintball tank. Too bad I can't use the glass bottles to carbonate.
Deal Guru
Feb 13, 2004
10602 posts
687 upvotes
Mississauga
Globedeal wrote: Staples has the Jet Sodastream for $47. It comes with a 60L canister. This model can take a 24oz paintball tank. Too bad I can't use the glass bottles to carbonate.
Nice. Anyone wondering the difference in the Jet model, it's an older one that takes the larger 130L canisters that float around in the USA. They are fatter like the paintball tanks, so any sodastream machine that takes the fatter 130L sodastream canisters can physically accommodate the 24oz paintball tanks (with sodamod adapter attached).
Nov 16, 2007
439 posts
53 upvotes
Globedeal wrote: Staples has the Jet Sodastream for $47. It comes with a 60L canister. This model can take a 24oz paintball tank. Too bad I can't use the glass bottles to carbonate.
Do you have a link?? Or is that instore, YMMV?
Feb 6, 2010
568 posts
146 upvotes
Vancouver
It was instore. I had to ask staff to check inventory to get my Sodastream. I checked another store in Vancouver and they had one in stock.
Banned
Oct 15, 2005
12954 posts
1617 upvotes
North York
dude... 1 gallon is a lot of syrup.
i would have to split this 4 ways or this stuff will go bad.
Tha DraGun wrote: Not cheap, but it would last you a while..
Just need to change the ratio. Can't remember exactly what it is right now tho.
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Dr-Pepper-Syrup- ... 418&_uhb=1

To get at the syrup you can either buy a nozzle, or just cut the bag open and pour in other jars.

Found it:

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)