Real Estate

home sold prices still secretive outside the GTA?

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 29th, 2019 10:42 pm
[OP]
Sep 26, 2011
97 posts
52 upvotes

home sold prices still secretive outside the GTA?

Does Zoocasa actually bother responding when you click on this box beside an inactive MLS listing that's not in Toronto??
Request Information

Complete the form and we’ll be in touch.

How much did this property sell for?
I'm guessing no, unless they're really slow to reply.

I'd like to know the sold price for a house in Kitchener. Can't get it using MPAC's AboutMyProperty... don't think they refresh their data until the next provincewide valuation cycle, a year from now. Certainly not gonna pay $32.84 from OnLand just to satisfy my curiosity. Waiting for realtor.ca to supposedly start publishing sales data is hopeless. And most agents aren't friendly at all about sharing any of their quasi-secret data.

Any RFDers have the ability to please look up a sold price as a courtesy? (I can PM the address)
9 replies
Oct 8, 2003
618 posts
249 upvotes
Toronto
canaduh wrote:
Jan 29th, 2019 2:11 pm
Does Zoocasa actually bother responding when you click on this box beside an inactive MLS listing that's not in Toronto??

I'm guessing no, unless they're really slow to reply.

I'd like to know the sold price for a house in Kitchener. Can't get it using MPAC's AboutMyProperty... don't think they refresh their data until the next provincewide valuation cycle, a year from now. Certainly not gonna pay $32.84 from OnLand just to satisfy my curiosity. Waiting for realtor.ca to supposedly start publishing sales data is hopeless. And most agents aren't friendly at all about sharing any of their quasi-secret data.

Any RFDers have the ability to please look up a sold price as a courtesy? (I can PM the address)
Zoocasa is based in Toronto and may not be a member of the other board so may not have access to the data and are only showing properties in those areas crosspost listed on TorontoMLS also.
Realtor at Blue Elephant Realty focused on the Toronto Condo Market and Real Estate Investing
Oct 22, 2017
48 posts
39 upvotes
Try bungol.ca

What's the address of the property? I can look it up
Deal Addict
Jul 4, 2004
4471 posts
680 upvotes
Ottawa
wa88gta wrote:
Jan 29th, 2019 2:22 pm
Try bungol.ca

What's the address of the property? I can look it up
Thanks for the link but it's basically useless outside Toronto (not sure what it's like in Toronto). The sales data is several months old and more importantly, there are tons of listing missing

(This is for Ottawa).
Oct 22, 2017
48 posts
39 upvotes
michelb wrote:
Jan 29th, 2019 3:06 pm
Thanks for the link but it's basically useless outside Toronto (not sure what it's like in Toronto). The sales data is several months old and more importantly, there are tons of listing missing

(This is for Ottawa).
OP was asking for Kitchener. The site's got quite a bit of data for Kitchener and is up to-date. It's by far the best site I've used - I dont even use realtor.ca anymore.
Deal Addict
Jul 4, 2004
4471 posts
680 upvotes
Ottawa
wa88gta wrote:
Jan 29th, 2019 3:23 pm
OP was asking for Kitchener. The site's got quite a bit of data for Kitchener and is up to-date. It's by far the best site I've used - I dont even use realtor.ca anymore.
Thanks for the clarification, from your response, I just thought you meant that Bungol.ca had data for outside Toronto (which it apparently does, just not all areas outside Toronto).
Oct 6, 2008
16 posts
9 upvotes
I just noticed they added Brantford sales data - but the problem is that it is clearly not close to complete or current.

So then how do you rely on it? Are they picking and choosing what data they show?
[OP]
Sep 26, 2011
97 posts
52 upvotes
Disregard my OP. Zoocasa works, just a little buggy.
If you save a listing to "My Homes", and click "Ask us for Sold Price", they don't send you an email notification once the price is posted within a few days of your request. You just have to go back at an arbitrary time to see the result. And for some reason, clicking on your 'Saved' listings won't show the price once they post it; you have to go back and search for the address again to see the sold price. Not terribly intuitive, but got my answer.
Jun 30, 2009
148 posts
55 upvotes
How long does Onland take to update? I was under the impression it could take up to 6 months based on volume of work.
Sep 16, 2011
31 posts
14 upvotes
Toronto
Hi fellow KWer! If you’ve been working with a realtor, you can always ask them how much it sold for. They have access to that data.