Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2007
2137 posts
87 upvotes
Mississauga

Home Theatre Receiver Thread

So lets get this thread rolling I am on the prowl over the holidays. Apparently the Denon 1713 was as low as $320-349 on Black Friday and I missed out.

Will it go as low on BD? http://usa.denon.com/us/product/pages/p ... 13(DenonNA)

What other comparible units should we be looking at? I don't need 7.1
239 replies
Oct 6, 2007
228 posts
29 upvotes
Burlington
Looking for a new receiver as well.

Hate the lack of connections on the Denon XX13 vs XX12
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2007
2137 posts
87 upvotes
Mississauga
so whats the main benefit of having the connections? I will be running my Fibe, maybe a Wii (original one with component) and a blueray player into my reciever. Do I really require alot of hdmi outputs/inputs for this?
Jul 18, 2004
373 posts
51 upvotes
Napanee
I picked up the Pioneer VSX 1326-K last year from Future Shop on boxing day for $799 which was 50% off. I love the receiver and it looks like is on clearance now and $799 is the regular price. It's a great price for what you are getting.
Mar 10, 2011
10 posts
Saskatoon
I am hoping to find a great price on an Onkyo to replace my Pioneer. Prefer the Onkyo sound.
Deal Addict
Jul 15, 2003
1005 posts
21 upvotes
in the market for one, damn it I missed the black friday deals.
GOOGLE before you TWEET is the new Think before you Speak
Deal Fanatic
Jun 7, 2001
6530 posts
617 upvotes
Alberta
Enthusiast1 wrote:
Dec 17th, 2012 9:10 pm
I am hoping to find a great price on an Onkyo to replace my Pioneer. Prefer the Onkyo sound.
London Drugs has the Onkyo 515 for slightly less than $400. See Boxing Day deals..and look for London Drugs....see picture of the flyer, not the text.

Dave
Deal Addict
Feb 12, 2004
4030 posts
152 upvotes
Etobicoke
dreaderus wrote:
Dec 15th, 2012 5:10 pm
so whats the main benefit of having the connections? I will be running my Fibe, maybe a Wii (original one with component) and a blueray player into my reciever. Do I really require alot of hdmi outputs/inputs for this?
Wii will take component, Fibe and blu-ray player will take 2 HDMI ports (1 each). You're done.
It's just nice to have a lot of HDMI ports - blu-ray player, game console, cable/satellite box - that's three right there. If you have a front HDMI port, you can hook up a camcorder to it.
Jan 13, 2004
50 posts
1 upvote
i'm also looking for a home theater receiver. Its to upgrade my 13 year old technic.
Oct 6, 2007
228 posts
29 upvotes
Burlington
Would love this at that price, but can't find it anywhere! Not sure why it's on the site anymore other than to tease us all!
Nov 27, 2005
980 posts
88 upvotes
I need speakers as well as the ones I have are rotten. What is the best/cheapest way for my home theater setup to go?
Deal Addict
Aug 26, 2008
1321 posts
118 upvotes
Winnipeg
djpr wrote:
Dec 20th, 2012 2:47 pm
I need speakers as well as the ones I have are rotten. What is the best/cheapest way for my home theater setup to go?
sky's the limit man. there's a set of speakers for every pair of ears.

i'd say get out to some stores now, and demo as much as you can so you at least have a fighting chance of knowing what to go for when/if the deals happen.
Nov 27, 2005
980 posts
88 upvotes
kamascottra wrote:
Dec 20th, 2012 3:13 pm
sky's the limit man. there's a set of speakers for every pair of ears.

i'd say get out to some stores now, and demo as much as you can so you at least have a fighting chance of knowing what to go for when/if the deals happen.
Thanks bud.

Just not sure if it's better to get a blu-ray home theater or to get a receiver and speakers. I want to investigate what are the best options I have.

Do you have any suggestions for a good deal?
× < >