Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Bestbuy

Honeywell Wi-Fi Programmable Touchscreen Thermostat - $79.95 NOW!

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 10th, 2016 1:50 pm
Tags:
None
Sep 23, 2010
82 posts
54 upvotes
Ça va?
yes you can switch the fan on/off independently but you can't program it. I have this thermostat, very reliable but I miss this function as well
Deal Addict
Dec 4, 2004
2202 posts
404 upvotes
I have one of these at my winterized cottage and I like it for what it does. I paid around $75 after a $25 gas rebate. I like it for my cottage because it e-mails me whenever it loses connection to the network (i.e. power goes down) and it emails me whenever the temperature in the cottage drops below my set threshold or rises above my set threshold. This is good for the winter which will inform me if the furnace has become inoperable and will allow me to take action before there becomes an issue with pipes freezing etc.. I can also turn on the AC or furnace using my phone on the way to the cottage so that the temperature is comfortable on arrival.
Deal Addict
Sep 24, 2004
1157 posts
824 upvotes
Scarborough
chroma_cg wrote:
any deals on ecobee right now? TIA
I bought one from Ecobee last year during Thanksgiving for $250 which included an additional 2 remote sensors (+1 that comes with the thermostat)
Last edited by sudesingh on Oct 6th, 2016 9:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Sep 24, 2004
1157 posts
824 upvotes
Scarborough
yhap2003 wrote: Don't waste money on these.
I bought one from costco 2 years ago for $99. It worked as it should but it's worth the money to buy either Ecobee or Nest. They are a lot better.

I recently bought the ecobee, got my $100 rebate and was easy to install. The Ecobee comes with the PEK (Power extender kit) for the system that doesn't have the "C" wire. I don't know if the Nest does.
Crying Face I bought my Ecobee last year, and don't qualify for the rebate
Oct 27, 2015
36 posts
19 upvotes
Kamloops
Thanks OP, picked one up at my local Home Depot. Works with my SmartThings set up. I was waiting for the Ecobee to go on sale again but this works just fine considering I can use my existing Smartthings Motion Sensors which read temperatures.
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2010
1993 posts
364 upvotes
Winterpeg
chrischob wrote: In Manitoba you can get a $100 rebate from Hydro which would make this close to free.

Chris
unfortunately this modem does not qualify for the mb hydro rebate program :(
Jan 10, 2005
530 posts
254 upvotes
[/quote]Does this model have a circulate air function so it turns on the fan without the a/c or heat part going off?
[/quote]
Nope
THIS. My programmable thermostat works fine, and I don't need any of the gee whiz remote features offered on ecobee or nest. But if someone can point me to a reliable 100ish thermostat that has a circulate function, I would make the switch.
Jul 27, 2008
486 posts
599 upvotes
MANGLER wrote:
Does this model have a circulate air function so it turns on the fan without the a/c or heat part going off?
[/quote]
Nope
THIS. My programmable thermostat works fine, and I don't need any of the gee whiz remote features offered on ecobee or nest. But if someone can point me to a reliable 100ish thermostat that has a circulate function, I would make the switch.
[/quote]

I hear ya. I think this is the one you are looking for. I believe it has the circulate function, and outdoor temperature sensor capability (additional cost)

Thermostat
Deal Expert
Feb 11, 2007
21245 posts
25711 upvotes
GTA
MANGLER wrote:
Does this model have a circulate air function so it turns on the fan without the a/c or heat part going off?
[/quote]
Nope
[/quote]
Look at Lux products. You can get a clean air cycle one for under $40 or a wifi one for $100. I've had both and been happy with them.
If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.
Dec 7, 2007
370 posts
240 upvotes
Just bought ecobee3 @ Home Depot by using their credit card for 10%off and extra $20 for next purchase.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 23, 2009
5582 posts
2441 upvotes
ekcivichb wrote: That thing belongs in the 90's..

Better spend more to get the ecboee..and then you get a $100 rebate from enbridge..

So effectively its the same price for a better unit
Your ecboee belongs to 90's as well it does not support modulating furnaces :)
Aug 8, 2008
455 posts
316 upvotes
Chookman wrote: I have one of these at my winterized cottage and I like it for what it does. I paid around $75 after a $25 gas rebate. I like it for my cottage because it e-mails me whenever it loses connection to the network (i.e. power goes down) and it emails me whenever the temperature in the cottage drops below my set threshold or rises above my set threshold. This is good for the winter which will inform me if the furnace has become inoperable and will allow me to take action before there becomes an issue with pipes freezing etc.. I can also turn on the AC or furnace using my phone on the way to the cottage so that the temperature is comfortable on arrival.
I use it for the exact same reason!

It's very convenient for what it is but not very many features or functions.

In my house I have a zoned heat pump, multistage furnace, humidifier, air recoup system, and needed to go with a much more robust solution.
I went for the Honeywell IAQ 2, it more configurable and does more then Ecobee or Nest.
Jan 10, 2005
530 posts
254 upvotes
jabela wrote:
MANGLER wrote:
Nope
[/quote]
Look at Lux products. You can get a clean air cycle one for under $40 or a wifi one for $100. I've had both and been happy with them.
[/quote]

Thanks. I was aware of the Lux products, but last time I looked (a couple years ago) there were some reports of some of the not maintaining the set temperatures consistently (which, you know, is kind of a desirable feature in a thermostat.) I'll take look a their newer models to see if that got fixed.

Sniper_,

Your suggested product looks great, but I would need a 50% off sale to justify it!
Deal Expert
Feb 11, 2007
21245 posts
25711 upvotes
GTA
MANGLER wrote:
jabela wrote:
MANGLER wrote:
Nope
[/quote]

Thanks. I was aware of the Lux products, but last time I looked (a couple years ago) there were some reports of some of the not maintaining the set temperatures consistently (which, you know, is kind of a desirable feature in a thermostat.) I'll take look a their newer models to see if that got fixed.

Sniper_,

Your suggested product looks great, but I would need a 50% off sale to justify it!
[/quote]
Yea, I bought mine on sale from Amazon USA.
If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.
Feb 11, 2013
359 posts
202 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks OP. Bought one online from lowes with the 10$ email sign-up coupon and picked from the store. Now lets hope It works with my HVAC. I have the mercury one currently. It works fine but it is difficult to set the desired temp.
Oct 4, 2007
665 posts
186 upvotes
My condo is around 30 years old. Each room has its own thermostat, is there any point getting one like this? If I install one in the living room, can I control the rest of the thermostats with just this one?
Deal Addict
Aug 30, 2011
2248 posts
908 upvotes
Edmonton
Can anyone recommend me a digital programmable thermostat? Currently have one of those analog non-programmable thermostat, and it's quite inefficient. Smart thermostats like ecobee and nest aren't looking attractive because there are no rebates for them in Alberta.

Is this one https://www.lowes.ca/thermostats/honeyw ... 51358.html about the cheapest one?
Dec 11, 2007
250 posts
117 upvotes
St Thomas, Ont
Picked one up in Woodstock today for $75!! They had 2 left after I grab 1.
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2004
3236 posts
1612 upvotes
tablo13 wrote: Can anyone recommend me a digital programmable thermostat? Currently have one of those analog non-programmable thermostat, and it's quite inefficient. Smart thermostats like ecobee and nest aren't looking attractive because there are no rebates for them in Alberta.

Is this one https://www.lowes.ca/thermostats/honeyw ... 51358.html about the cheapest one?
Pretty much. It'll be sufficient for what you're looking for.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)