Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

[HomeDepot] [Lowes] HOT!!! Chamberlain MyQ Internet Hub $35.99 after PM

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 2nd, 2016 7:30 am
Deal Addict
Aug 3, 2005
1757 posts
1143 upvotes
Vancouver

[HomeDepot] [Lowes] HOT!!! Chamberlain MyQ Internet Hub $35.99 after PM

Deal Link:
Price:
For those of you who have purchased Chamberlain Garage Door openers that are compatible with MyQ, Canadian Tire has the MyQ internet hub on sale for $39.99. It is in this weeks flyer. You can price match it at Home Depot or Lowes for a 10% savings so your final price would be $35.99+tax at Home Depot or Lowes.

Canadian Tire link:
http://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/chamb ... 0192p.html

HomeDepot link:
https://www.homedepot.ca/en/home/p.myq- ... 63928.html

Lowes link:
https://www.lowes.ca/garage-door-opener ... 18211.html

You can:
  • control the opening and closing of your garage door from your cell phone
  • receive alerts when your garage door opens
  • check to see if the garage door is closed

Here is a previous thread about this product:
sears-chamberlain-myq-gateway-40-99-cou ... m-1966951/
Last edited by kennyt18 on Sep 30th, 2016 1:16 pm, edited 8 times in total.
I'll Keep It Short and Sweet. Family, Religion, Friendship ... These Are the Three Demons You Must Slay if You Wish to Succeed in Business
54 replies
Deal Addict
Jul 6, 2005
4451 posts
2139 upvotes
Toronto
kennyt18 wrote: For those of you who have purchased Chamberlain Garage Door openers that are compatible with MyQ, Canadian Tire has the MyQ internet hub on sale for $39.99.

You can:
  • control the opening and closing of your garage door from your cell phone
  • receive alerts when your garage door opens
  • check to see if the garage door is closed

http://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/chamb ... 0192p.html

Here is a previous thread about this product:
sears-chamberlain-myq-gateway-40-99-cou ... m-1966951/
THANKS! ordered!

Other than buying off of kijiji, this is the cheapest I've ever seen.
Nov 17, 2010
592 posts
343 upvotes
Thornhill
Do you need the special garage opener to use this?
Deal Addict
Jan 25, 2008
2120 posts
1345 upvotes
Laval
PM HD for additional 10%
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2008
4278 posts
3753 upvotes
Dammit. Now i'm thinking i should have kept those cheap $10 sensors from HD for the doors... with this that would have made my older door compatible with the remote access feature.
Deal Addict
Aug 3, 2005
1757 posts
1143 upvotes
Vancouver
moonsea wrote: Do you need the special garage opener to use this?
You need a Chamberlain MyQ garage door opener in order to use the Internet Hub.

If you do not have a MyQ compatible garage door opener, you can purchase a Chamberlain "MyQ Garage" kit. This kit will work for ALL garage door openers.

http://www.chamberlain.com/smartphone-c ... -myq-g0201

This kit frequently goes on sale for $100.
Last edited by kennyt18 on Sep 30th, 2016 10:09 am, edited 2 times in total.
I'll Keep It Short and Sweet. Family, Religion, Friendship ... These Are the Three Demons You Must Slay if You Wish to Succeed in Business
Deal Addict
Jul 6, 2005
4451 posts
2139 upvotes
Toronto
dasiuyan wrote: is it one of the lowest price?
brand new retail.... yes.
Deal Addict
Jul 6, 2005
4451 posts
2139 upvotes
Toronto
pretty low stock around the GTA... about 1 to 3 units per store (some have none). Better act quick before the "RFD Effect" happens. A lot of RFDers (including me) have bought chamberlain My-Q enabled openers over the past year without the module and have been waiting for a sale on these units!

I just ordered it online and will pick it up on my way home from work.
Deal Addict
Sep 22, 2011
1906 posts
707 upvotes
GTA
the usage of this device is open/close garage door with your smart phone?
Deal Addict
Sep 22, 2011
1906 posts
707 upvotes
GTA
moonsea wrote: Do you need the special garage opener to use this?
Compatible with specific Chamberlain MyQ garage door openers with a yellow learn button (Model # WD962MLEVC, WD962KEVC, PD622EVC, PD752KEVC and WD832KEVC) and light controls enabled by MyQ technology (PILCEVC, WSLCEVC)
Jan 7, 2010
85 posts
61 upvotes
Let me get this straight. You use this to open your garage door.
So before you pull up to your house, you pull over the side of the road (so you don't get charged for using a cellphone while driving), unlock your phone, pull up the app and then hit the open button. :rolleyes:
What's wrong with the regular remote with just a quick touch of a button has you approach your house down the street? :facepalm:
Deal Addict
Jan 7, 2008
1576 posts
697 upvotes
PCBytown wrote: Let me get this straight. You use this to open your garage door.
So before you pull up to your house, you pull over the side of the road (so you don't get charged for using a cellphone while driving), unlock your phone, pull up the app and then hit the open button. :rolleyes:
What's wrong with the regular remote with just a quick touch of a button has you approach your house down the street? :facepalm:
This is more for checking the status of your garage door remotely... and in the event you forgot to close it, you can do so without being home. Another possibility is opening the door remotely for say a neighbor or delivery service without having to give them your code.
Deal Addict
Jul 30, 2001
3892 posts
3909 upvotes
GTA
Thanks OP, been waiting for a deal on one of these.
Deal Addict
Dec 23, 2015
2472 posts
1906 upvotes
Newmarket, ON
How does this work if you have a basic Chamberlain, not a smart one?

Mine says "compatible with other MyQ devices" but I just looked at it and don't see any ports or anything where I could plug in any device?
Deal Fanatic
May 8, 2002
5863 posts
2611 upvotes
PCBytown wrote: Let me get this straight. You use this to open your garage door.
Personally I would use this when I walk the kids to school or go for a bike ride, as our keypad doesn't always work the greatest, especially in the winter.

Also good for those times you sit up n bed and wonder if u left the door open
Deal Addict
Dec 23, 2015
2472 posts
1906 upvotes
Newmarket, ON
also I wonder if there's any concern with someone hacking it to open your garage against your will?
Feb 22, 2009
186 posts
47 upvotes
Most garage doors can be locked from the inside if I'm not mistaken.
Mar 18, 2012
163 posts
210 upvotes
Toronto
I don't think this device is a terrible idea. There has been a series of break ins in Hamilton where people park their cars outside and thief's break into the car and use the garage door opener to gain access to your garage or even inside your home. I also believe the app alerts you if the garage door is being opened. To prevent this you would obviously need to leave your garage door opener at home and use the app on your phone.

Here's the news article
http://www.hamiltonnews.com/news-story/ ... s.facebook
Deal Addict
Jul 30, 2001
3892 posts
3909 upvotes
GTA
BeapChastard wrote: also I wonder if there's any concern with someone hacking it to open your garage against your will?
Strong password + secure wifi = very little chance.

Many people leave a remote in their car outside, which poses a far higher risk.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)