Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

[Homedepot] WARMING FLOOR MAT 9 Feet x 1 Feet -- 87.48$

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 27th, 2015 8:19 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Mar 25, 2011
4417 posts
11410 upvotes
Quebec

[Homedepot] WARMING FLOOR MAT 9 Feet x 1 Feet -- 87.48$

Deal Link:
WARMLYYOURS
9 Feet x 1 Feet Tempzone 120V Single Roll

[IMG]http://www.homedepot.ca/wcsstore/HomeDe ... -120_4.jpg[/IMG]

For thermostat (100$ with shipping)

[IMG]http://thermostatwarehouse.com/assets/i ... 5a240d.jpg[/IMG]
In my opinion, every intervention in RFD deserve a "thanks". Thanks given until now: more than 100,000

Giving "Likes" gives cancer.... Don't do it!!!!
17 replies
Deal Addict
Feb 2, 2011
1617 posts
270 upvotes
Ottawa
Saw this deal earlier. I have heated flooring right now in my ensuite and considering it for the downstairs bathroom. It's nice and cozy. The problem is that it sucks electricity like no tomorrow!
Nov 24, 2014
399 posts
467 upvotes
Windsor, ON
downd wrote: Saw this deal earlier. I have heated flooring right now in my ensuite and considering it for the downstairs bathroom. It's nice and cozy. The problem is that it sucks electricity like no tomorrow!
That was going to be my comment. An alternative to using floor heating is to line the bathroom floor with money and then set it alight.
Deal Addict
Jan 2, 2012
4670 posts
3958 upvotes
KINGSTON,ON
taranducal wrote: That was going to be my comment. An alternative to using floor heating is to line the bathroom floor with money and then set it alight.
LOL... :lol:
Oct 10, 2012
275 posts
148 upvotes
How do you figure it "sucks electricity like no tomorrow!"? A quick calculation shows that it would use about $10 a month if you left it on 24 hrs a day. Which of course you wouldn't do. It would be programmed it to run in the morning and evening when you anticipate being in the bathroom if it was an en suite for example. (It says 15w per sqft *9 * avg of approx 10c/kWh)
Mar 13, 2008
60 posts
19 upvotes
Newmarket
Oscar11 wrote: just a note: this is not the flex version, it is a no-cut version so you actually have to have a 1x9 space for this
You can cut the webbing and bend it just not the cable itself. Perfect for a shower that way at 4.5' X 2'
Mar 5, 2005
575 posts
360 upvotes
i live in the country with just electricity and a wood stove and this is more efficient than the electric baseboard heater and of course i set the thermostat to only heat the areas when we are in the kitchen.
downd wrote: Saw this deal earlier. I have heated flooring right now in my ensuite and considering it for the downstairs bathroom. It's nice and cozy. The problem is that it sucks electricity like no tomorrow!
Deal Addict
Oct 2, 2006
1716 posts
422 upvotes
mudbrrk wrote: You can cut the webbing and bend it just not the cable itself. Perfect for a shower that way at 4.5' X 2'
are you sure? I know they have a mesh product that can be cut, but i dont think this one can.

I'm sure its possible, but this is specifically sold as "no-cut". check the different types they have on the companies website. Maybe the heating wire cant be bent in this one?? not sure.
Mar 13, 2008
60 posts
19 upvotes
Newmarket
Oscar11 wrote: are you sure? I know they have a mesh product that can be cut, but i dont think this one can.

I'm sure its possible, but this is specifically sold as "no-cut". check the different types they have on the companies website. Maybe the heating wire cant be bent in this one?? not sure.
It says right on the company product webpage that it's just a fabric mesh. I'm gonna do it...flexible wire heating cable will go where I want it. "No cut" means no wire termination kits so you have to keep it one piece.
I think a little differently when it comes to reno materials usage, so YMMV.
Banned
Oct 19, 2010
7433 posts
1142 upvotes
Mississauga East
I wear slippers
Much cheaper solution

In bathroom I have little carpets
Deal Addict
Jan 25, 2008
2942 posts
3012 upvotes
Montréal
1. Theoretically you get back part of what you invest in your home
2. If you have to buy 4 pairs (family) of slippers once every 2 years. Within 10 years you will have spent 400$
3. You have to put those slippers somewhere (clutter etc...), wash them etc...
Carpets are actually kind of gross
Jan 4, 2007
410 posts
140 upvotes
Vancouver
Is it ready to plug into the outlet or I still have to buy additional components?
Jan 26, 2011
730 posts
635 upvotes
Gatineau
bkushner wrote: heated tiles are awesome.
You have to try it to really see how awesome a heated floor is. I wish I had them in my basement and my bathroom.
Deal Addict
Jan 9, 2011
2074 posts
1599 upvotes
Vancouver
AdamAnK wrote: Is it ready to plug into the outlet or I still have to buy additional components?
This is part of a floor installation during a renovation. So you would need to buy additional components, which is why OP posted the thermostat.

if you wanted something to plug in, you can look for something like this:
http://www.amazon.com/Cozy-Products-FW- ... B000079896
CAD site:
http://www.amazon.ca/Cozy-Products-FW-E ... B000079896

Many good reviews, though I would read the 1 star reviews to make sure you don't ruin a wood floor (which would be my case). Best would be on a cement floor or something (think of a cold warehouse desk)