Automotive

Honda Accord (7th gen) vs. Acura EL (2nd gen)

• Last Updated:
  • May 9th, 2013 1:29 pm
Tags:
None
May 7, 2013
3 posts
Peterborough

Honda Accord (7th gen) vs. Acura EL (2nd gen)

First post here. I've been looking around this forum and you guys are really knowledgeable, so I'm hoping to pick your brains a bit.

In July/August I'll be getting around 5-7k to buy myself a car. I'm a 3rd year University student and I want to buy myself a decent car. I've narrowed down my preferred options to the Honda Accord or Acura EL. Here's why:

- I owned a '99 civic and loved it, therefor I love Honda.
- I want a car with leather seats + sunroof.
- Japanese = cheaper parts (from what I've been told).
- Both cars are reliable and safe.
- Both cars are 4 cyl (I'd get a 4 cyl Accord), so they'll be alright on gas.

Note: I'll be buying automatic because I don't know how to drive standard. I'm sure I could learn, but for the sake of practicality, I want an automatic.

What are your guys' thoughts? Are these cars good and reliable? Any recommendations as to other brands/models I should look into that fit my requirements?

Cheers to you fine folks, have a wonderful day!
6 replies
Deal Expert
Jul 22, 2006
22438 posts
3065 upvotes
Those cars aren't even in the same class?
Aug 23, 2004
205 posts
18 upvotes
I love my 98 1.6EL premium 5speed, spectacular reliability, just amazing, its why I have never been able to find an excuse to replace it.
seems to me it was made in Ontario, not Japan.
Deal Addict
Dec 15, 2004
2476 posts
251 upvotes
North York
DJ_Peanuts22 wrote: Drive your 99 Civic into the ground.
+1

Although, it might take a while.
LOL

Edit:
NVM
Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Google Nexus via Mobilicity $25 BTS unlimited talk/text/data

:lol: $5,000.00 CASH < 2 Minutes :lol:
:lol: McD's
Online Monopoly Winner :lol:
May 7, 2013
3 posts
Peterborough
Unfortunately I don't have it anymore. Once I hit 180k it started having engine/oil consumption problems. It was burning oil like a demon. I would have to replace the oil/refill every 2-3 weeks and I wasn't even driving all that much. The engine ended up giving out so I took it apart and sold it for parts. It was an unfortunate end, but damn, that car was reliable and awesome as hell.