Automotive

Honda Civic Ex-T 2017 - Lease questions

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 4th, 2017 10:54 am
[OP]
Jul 2, 2017
4 posts

Honda Civic Ex-T 2017 - Lease questions

I'm looking to lease a 2017 Honda Civic Ex-T. Received the following quote (Canadian).

48 months
24,000 KM per year.
0.99%
$335/month including taxes.

A few concerns... no lease guard protection and the warranty is only 3 years. This would be my first car purchase. Are the extended warranties/lease guard protection worth the addditional costs? Any additional advice would be appreciated.

Thanks!
2 replies
Oct 24, 2009
704 posts
572 upvotes
Vancouver
Definitely not the extended warranty, the car will still be under the powertrain warranty for 5 years, which covers most things that are expensive to fix. I would skip the lease guard as well. Unless you're the type to exploit the lease guard policy, you are very unlikely to make it worthwhile.
Apr 20, 2011
83 posts
31 upvotes
Montreal
I agree with absolutcamper about the extended warranty. Not worth it.
On the lease protection, it depends on your habits.
Do you parallel park often in city centers? This is where you are most subjected to rub / be rubbed by others or scratch your alloy wheels on the curb.
If you go from home indoor parking to office indoor parking, the occasions to have an idiot in an old clunker scratch your bumpers are low.
If you smoke and tend to burn your seats, that's another good reason to get the protection.