• Last Updated:
  • Jul 6th, 2018 8:12 am
[OP]
Jul 14, 2017
47 posts
1 upvote

Honda Civic Sedan EX or EX-T 2017 as First car

Hello Friends,

I am going to buy Honda Civic Sedan 2017. But now I am really confused about the Trim which should I select.

Should I go for Honda Civic Sedan EX or EX-T?

I am really confused. In Turbo insurance is 10-12 $ higher and 1500CAD more than EX, though I am not thinking about that. But I heard that the engine is heated more than EX and also some complexities and I also heard the maintenance cost such as parts, oil change and others are expensive. Is it true?

I need your expert suggestions. Can someone give some light on it? :(

Thanks in advance
35 replies
May 17, 2017
291 posts
187 upvotes
Waterloo
It depends on how much you care about driving feel.

Some people won't care about anything except that the go pedal moves the car. (Category A)

Some people will notice and be willing to pay for a faster reacting CVT (based on the 9G Accord design instead of 9G Civic design) and more low end torque. (Category B)

Maintenance costs should be similar, turbo engines today are pretty solid (except for BMW N20/26 engine and their timing chains..)

Which category do you think you fit in?
Is there somewhere that the $1500 and additional insurance would give you more benefit?
Jul 2, 2017
4 posts
I purchased an EX-T last week. Amazing car. I took the EX for a test drive and you definitely notice the engine difference. Well worth it in my opinion.
[OP]
Jul 14, 2017
47 posts
1 upvote
AstulzerRSX wrote:
Jul 25th, 2017 9:35 pm
It depends on how much you care about driving feel.

Some people won't care about anything except that the go pedal moves the car. (Category A)

Some people will notice and be willing to pay for a faster reacting CVT (based on the 9G Accord design instead of 9G Civic design) and more low end torque. (Category B)

Maintenance costs should be similar, turbo engines today are pretty solid (except for BMW N20/26 engine and their timing chains..)

Which category do you think you fit in?
Is there somewhere that the $1500 and additional insurance would give you more benefit?
Yes. Good advice. I am in between Category A and B :D
I thinking about the maintenance and hassle free after buying. That is why if any problem raise then it gonna be a big headache for me :)
[OP]
Jul 14, 2017
47 posts
1 upvote
Anth91 wrote:
Jul 25th, 2017 11:11 pm
I purchased an EX-T last week. Amazing car. I took the EX for a test drive and you definitely notice the engine difference. Well worth it in my opinion.

Nice to hear. I heard about the noise and maintenance cost. Is the sound just like a sports car?
Banned
Feb 8, 2017
186 posts
132 upvotes
You are definitely category B otherwise you'd pick Corolla without thinking twice.

Civic EX-T is a good choice for you, pretty fast compare to other compacts including audi a3 and cla250 but still reliable, inexpensive to maintain.

For maintenance, oil change diy or just go to indy and same goes for brakes. Avoid dealership you will save tons of money.
Deal Expert
Dec 7, 2012
32228 posts
8524 upvotes
GTHA
@rumel36, have you considered the hatchback?

He Said/She Said: 2017 Honda Civic Hatchback
This hatch has a higher base price than the sedan or coupe but you get a better engine, more standard features and extra space needed for road trips with friends.
http://www.wheels.ca/car-reviews/108275/
Apr 18, 2017
305 posts
217 upvotes
I bought the EX-T in May and couldn't be happier. The turbo engine does help though. The other thing that should factor into the equation is the engine size. EX-T engine size is 1.5L while the EX is 2.0L. You'll be saving some money on gas in the long run which will eventually offset the higher insurance and $1500 in the long run if you plan to keep the car for a long time.
[OP]
Jul 14, 2017
47 posts
1 upvote
hockeyfan1990 wrote:
Jul 26th, 2017 12:43 am
I bought the EX-T in May and couldn't be happier. The turbo engine does help though. The other thing that should factor into the equation is the engine size. EX-T engine size is 1.5L while the EX is 2.0L. You'll be saving some money on gas in the long run which will eventually offset the higher insurance and $1500 in the long run if you plan to keep the car for a long time.
Why you are not happy? Should any factor think?
[OP]
Jul 14, 2017
47 posts
1 upvote
tk1000 wrote:
Jul 26th, 2017 12:20 am
@rumel36, have you considered the hatchback?

He Said/She Said: 2017 Honda Civic Hatchback
This hatch has a higher base price than the sedan or coupe but you get a better engine, more standard features and extra space needed for road trips with friends.
http://www.wheels.ca/car-reviews/108275/
Yes. Its good but I have to spend money for the features which are available in Sedan EX-T
Feb 3, 2010
202 posts
46 upvotes
Lower Woods Harbour
I am buying sedan LX model probably on Friday. What will look better grey or silver?
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2007
1006 posts
785 upvotes
Portage la Prairie
Trans Am wrote:
Jul 26th, 2017 8:05 am
I am buying sedan LX model probably on Friday. What will look better grey or silver?
I was choosing between white, grey, and silver. Pick my white one up Friday. Grey or silver, I would go silver. I find the wide chrome strip on the grille stands out too much on the darker colors.
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2006
2443 posts
782 upvotes
Orleans, ON
Buy touch up paint, you will need it!
Deal Addict
Mar 14, 2006
4268 posts
388 upvotes
rumel36 wrote:
Jul 26th, 2017 12:56 am
Why you are not happy? Should any factor think?
couldn't be happier means hes's really happy
[OP]
Jul 14, 2017
47 posts
1 upvote
Poulet wrote:
Jul 26th, 2017 8:25 am
Buy touch up paint, you will need it!
Is it extra paint ? or anything else?

Sorry, I have no experience :(