Automotive

Locked: Honda HR-V do I need to take the awd option?

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 15th, 2019 9:20 am
Banned
May 22, 2019
1469 posts
2121 upvotes

Honda HR-V do I need to take the awd option?

How much fuel do I need to consume extra if I buy a LX trim AWD instead of FWD?

Is it worthwhile to do AWD?
World cup is coming
11 replies
Deal Expert
Feb 11, 2007
21246 posts
25711 upvotes
GTA
ilovetoyota wrote: How much fuel do I need to consume extra if I buy a LX trim AWD instead of FWD?

Is it worthwhile to do AWD?
I don' think the HRV is even worth it. If you need utility, go for CRV. If you need small, go for Civic Hatchback. HRVs just look like jacked up econoboxes.
If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.
Deal Guru
Feb 23, 2008
12939 posts
1862 upvotes
Brampton
Just use snow tires.
Lets Go Blue Jays!!!
Deal Fanatic
Jul 26, 2007
7579 posts
5272 upvotes
Toronto
ilovetoyota wrote: How much fuel do I need to consume extra if I buy a LX trim AWD instead of FWD?
You need to consume exactly 5L
Deal Addict
Aug 24, 2007
2732 posts
3018 upvotes
Ottawa
Wait, HRV isn't a Toyota.
Dec 1, 2014
278 posts
308 upvotes
Burlington, ON
We drive a 2017 Honda HR-V EX FWD in the winter with no problems. Just get a good set of winter tires (Blizzak or X-Ice) and you'll be fine... assuming GTA area.

If you are in mountains or heavier snowfall areas like Montreal, AWD would be nice.
Banned
Feb 7, 2005
4498 posts
1191 upvotes
Never really understood this AWD frenzy . I had a 4 runner and barely used it in 4wd . My take is it costs more to purchase and maitain . Unless you live in the sticks . FWD with good snow tires is all you need .
<sig removed> by moderators . Yet no moderator told me they removed or why ?
Banned
Mar 7, 2007
5347 posts
3026 upvotes
pfbmgd wrote: Never really understood this AWD frenzy . I had a 4 runner and barely used it in 4wd . My take is it costs more to purchase and maitain . Unless you live in the sticks . FWD with good snow tires is all you need .
That's a good point. But at the same time... why buy an SUV that doesn't have it? Why even bother?

The original advantages of these vehicles (over sedans) were... clearance, traction, cargo space, etc. etc.

In the used market (think about the future), a SUV or CUV without 4wd should be not desirable at all.
5347 posts
3026 upvotes
engineered wrote: I don' think the HRV is even worth it. If you need utility, go for CRV. If you need small, go for Civic Hatchback. HRVs just look like jacked up econoboxes.
Exactly. Much less without the 4wd.
3509 upvotes
Montreal
Gonna be hard to sell down the road without AWD.
Oct 16, 2019
415 posts
406 upvotes
In most cases, FWD + snow tires is more than enough for winter, AWD only comes in handy in very specific situations. However, it is much easier to sell your car with AWD in the north.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)